Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jun 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2904713)   #26
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
The normal date for the running of the race is the 24th weekend of the year (as advised to me by an ACO official in the past). Therefore I believe it will be the weekend of the 9th & 10th June.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2904722)   #27
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
The normal date for the running of the race is the 24th weekend of the year (as advised to me by an ACO official in the past). Therefore I believe it will be the weekend of the 9th & 10th June.
Although this is complicated by 1st Jan being a Sunday of course.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2904857)   #28
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm hoping for the 9/10 personally. The Travel Destinations email I got today said 'strong indications' are that it will be then. So the link posted a few posts ago is not official.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2904858)   #29
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Although this is complicated by 1st Jan being a Sunday of course.
Which of course was the point I made in the OP. I think based on previous dates in similar circumstances it will be 16th & 17th - I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 07:00 (Ref:2905074)   #30
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Which of course was the point I made in the OP. I think based on previous dates in similar circumstances it will be 16th & 17th - I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I'm with you on the 16th/17th, but, we have both the ACO and the FIA involved here so it could be almost any date!
Old 24 Jun 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2905077)   #31
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I'm with you on the 16th/17th, but, we have both the ACO and the FIA involved here so it could be almost any date!
And presumably the local authority has some influence as they have to close the roads
Old 29 Jun 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2908206)   #32
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think regardless of dates I'll go ahead and pre-book some camping tixs tomorrow. Fairly safe to say I got bitten by the bug this time.
Old 29 Jun 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2908267)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, as they say, bet you can't eat just one........
Old 29 Jun 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2908324)   #34
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think regardless of dates I'll go ahead and pre-book some camping tixs tomorrow. Fairly safe to say I got bitten by the bug this time.
Think we all warned you about this - but hey - it's not the worst fate.

I'm being sanguine and waiting at the moment, and hoping the school of thought that it'll be a touch later is correct - which would make logistics a lot more straightforward.

Was struck this year that while the race overall felt quieter than usual a lot of the other ancillary stuff like hotels booked up more quickly than before - symptoms of the economy forcing a drive to quality? Either way will pushing the button on chateau reservations to bookend trip much sooner this time round.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 09:57 (Ref:2909172)   #35
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I e-mailed the ACO asking if the dates were yet known and have received a reply this morning telling me that the calendar will be finalised in September.

Meanwhile, I notice that in 1989, the race was held on 10th and 11th June (as in 2011) and the following year, 1990, the dates were 17th/18th. A possible indicator?
Old 23 Jul 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2930064)   #36
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I e-mailed the ACO asking if the dates were yet known and have received a reply this morning telling me that the calendar will be finalised in September.
I note from an article on DSC that the ACO hope to announce the WEC calendar at Silverstone. Whether or not this will include a definitive date for Le Mans, who knows.
Old 28 Jul 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2932091)   #37
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Autosport today says that the ACO are going to move the test day back to the slot two weeks before the race - whenever that is...
Old 29 Jul 2011, 02:52 (Ref:2932329)   #38
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Great news that the test day will be back! Can't wait...
Old 29 Jul 2011, 06:49 (Ref:2932351)   #39
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Great news that the test day will be back! Can't wait...
There was a test day this year
Old 29 Jul 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2932440)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I understand it, the F1 calendar for 2012 avoids 16th/17th June....... Perhaps for a reason?
Old 29 Jul 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2932446)   #41
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As I understand it, the F1 calendar for 2012 avoids 16th/17th June....... Perhaps for a reason?
And the date two weeks prior as well...

... if that calendar is approved, I want to see at least two drivers from the F1 grid buried in a slow GT car. Just for the fun of it.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2932451)   #42
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Uh... folks? We had the Test Day this year as well (although in late April and not two weeks before the race).
Old 29 Jul 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2932633)   #43
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Two weeks before the race is a much better idea on the cost front, just a weeks extra hotel bills rather than flying backwards and forwards across the world for the non-european teams. Plus all of them can setup just once for the test day and the race.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 15:45 (Ref:2932771)   #44
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
June 16-17 would be the better option.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2932926)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Why's that?
Old 29 Jul 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2932954)   #46
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Because it would be further away from the Monaco Grand Prix, and because 17 is a more traditional date than 3.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 06:02 (Ref:2933165)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, understood.
Old 16 Aug 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2941676)   #48
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm hoping to go to the Classic next year. I've been to the 24 but not the Classic and was wondering if anyone had an idea of ticket prices.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2942245)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I'm hoping to go to the Classic next year. I've been to the 24 but not the Classic and was wondering if anyone had an idea of ticket prices.
most of the car clubs do packages that include camping, race,paddock and stand tickets they are expensive but you will find that often these are better than do it yourself as the clubs tend to have cheap bars and you will be with others with similar cars.
the first year we got tickets from nadine at the tourist office in lemans and camped at maison blanche last year we got tickets on the forum and were on tertre rouge with the triumph clubs the 1 euro a drink bar helped in the heat and we had a really good time.
I would say paddock tickets are essential and stand seats are very cheap so these will need to be obtained. Prices are not out yet but the race was about 40 euro a ticket paddock 25 seats 6 and camping 60
Old 17 Aug 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2942270)   #50
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Advance booking prices for Classic 2010 were:

Weekend general entry: 46 (ACO Passion 24 VIP and Gold members 41)
Paddock: 30 (ACO Passion VIP and Gold members free)
Grandstand (rover): 15
Camping Bleu: 75
Camping Maison Blanche: 85

All prices in euros