Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Aug 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2942274)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GT6, thanks for the tip on the clubs. We did it ourselves last time.
Although I'm not bothered about being with "similar cars" I prefer different cars, I've got one of the similar cars!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2943141)   #52
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, in La Sarthe, the official suburban transports' timetables mention that the 24 hours will be on june the 9th and 10th 2012 so you can start your leave applications.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2943163)   #53
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Well, in La Sarthe, the official suburban transports' timetables mention that the 24 hours will be on june the 9th and 10th 2012 so you can start your leave applications.
Thanks Eric, that concurs with what I've been told over the last week or so.

See you on the 6th June!
Old 20 Aug 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2943269)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well that seems to be what a fair few people are telling us but I will wait until the official announcement before booking holiday and tunnel, would prefer the later week but then again it leaves a bigger break until the classic
Old 20 Aug 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2943302)   #55
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We should get the official announcement at Silverstone in a few weeks. Then again, they will still say whichever dates they announce are provisional.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2943308)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
planning to be there for the race so might see a few people
Old 20 Aug 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2943334)   #57
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the ticket price info/advice.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2944017)   #58
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those LM dates would be just fine with me. Birthday on the Friday, race on the Saturday. Now if it could just be a bit closer...
Old 22 Aug 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2944070)   #59
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Those LM dates would be just fine with me. Birthday on the Friday, race on the Saturday. Now if it could just be a bit closer...
My family's not too impressed with next year's dates (assuming these are the dates which are ultimately confirmed). I shall be celebrating a significant birthday (yep, 21 again ) on the Wednesday.

Personally (and selfishly), I can think of nowhere I'd rather be on the 6th June next year!
Old 22 Aug 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2944191)   #60
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
My family's not too impressed with next year's dates (assuming these are the dates which are ultimately confirmed). I shall be celebrating a significant birthday (yep, 21 again ) on the Wednesday.

Personally (and selfishly), I can think of nowhere I'd rather be on the 6th June next year!
Not overwhelmed by these dates. Big trade show for me the week before which I could probably get out of, but will undoubtedly cause a bit of angst. There's also the issue that I too have a reasonably substantive birthday just prior to then which will complicate matters.

Nothing insurmountable, but would have been a bit happier with some of the later dates which had been floated.
Old 23 Aug 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2944653)   #61
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it does turn out to be the 9th/10th then don't forget that for us in the UK that the 4th/5th are bank holidays, so less annual holiday entitlement used up if you usually go for the week! And a great excuse to go for the week if, like us, you usually go later in the week. We've gone on the wednesday for the last few years, so it'll be the whole week for us if it is indeed the 9th/10th
Old 23 Aug 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2944732)   #62
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
if it is those date it will be the first time my guess has been wrong
Old 29 Aug 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2947496)   #63
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ACO have just posted the date: http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...2012_4789.html

June 16-17.

One week later.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2947497)   #64
photopigg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dover, Kent
photopigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/update.html
heres conformation of the dates for next GREAT RACE
Old 29 Aug 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2947498)   #65
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
If the F1 calendar is approved in its latest form, then it seems as though the FIA has actually made an effort to ensure that Le Mans doesn't clash with a GP. So that can only mean one thing... Brundle for Le Mans 2012!
Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2947549)   #66
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
So it looks like the Le Mans bus company should talk to me in future
Old 29 Aug 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2947570)   #67
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dang, I was hoping for the 9th.

That way I could come over for honoring D-Day and stay free for the ceremonies while going to Le Mans. (I'm not a veteran by the way,but my pap is).
Old 29 Aug 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2947597)   #68
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So that can only mean one thing... Brundle for Le Mans 2012!

Driving a....?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 Aug 2011 at 11:55.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 11:52 (Ref:2947600)   #69
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Driving a....?
... LMP probably...

There was a tweet from Martin a month ago or so about two major race drives lined up for 2012, sensible money would be on Daytona and Le Mans.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2947691)   #70
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
glad it is later but some of the agencies will be mad they were convinced it was the earlier week
Old 29 Aug 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2947860)   #71
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry to have posted a wrong date, the transports company had probably a provisionnal date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
So it looks like the Le Mans bus company should talk to me in future
Sure, give me your Email, I'll send it to them
Old 30 Aug 2011, 05:23 (Ref:2948105)   #72
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thread title amended now dates are confirmed.........
Old 30 Aug 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2948446)   #73
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Date ultimately irrelevant, I will still be there. Looks like me and Bentley get to spend birthdays with family. It's all good! Very happy there isn't an F1 clash. The event should be the centre of the motorsports world for the weekend. Hopefully it means we can get more than just Brundle making the trip.
Old 31 Aug 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2948746)   #74
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
... LMP probably...
That it would be a P1 was fairly predictable, but which?

Toyota?
Old 31 Aug 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2948806)   #75
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
That it would be a P1 was fairly predictable, but which?

Toyota?

hhhmmmm a P1 is not necessarily predictable, I wouldn't rule out United Autosports with a LMP2, MB (x2) did do Daytona with them this year.