Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 May 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3641438)   #576
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
I'm surprised he wasn't signed up for LM straight away. Why do the WEC season and miss LM.

Same for Henzler, why has it taken them so long to confirm him in the KCMG Porsche.
Henzler was originally listed for the Pro class car IIRC.
Old 13 May 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3641458)   #577
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit I had Camathias in for that car weeks ago.......
Joel's initial deal was for the 6 hour races only - decision on LM24 for him was VERY recent
Old 13 May 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3641459)   #578
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Correct
Old 13 May 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3641461)   #579
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, I know, I just surprised it took them so long to switch him over to the KCMG Porsche for LM.
Old 15 May 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3641854)   #580
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Joel's initial deal was for the 6 hour races only - decision on LM24 for him was VERY recent
Recent or not Graham, I was right....... Just psychic, I guess.....
Old 16 May 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3642216)   #581
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last full crew is confirmed, as AAI surprises everyone!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...t-le-mans.html
I must admit to being a little disappointed that the Chens won't be back this year.
Old 16 May 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3642221)   #582
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A good strong line up there O'Connell has plenty of experience and with the C7 they could spring a surprise
Old 16 May 2016, 18:57 (Ref:3642224)   #583
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The last full crew is confirmed, as AAI surprises everyone!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...t-le-mans.html
I must admit to being a little disappointed that the Chens won't be back this year.
Wow a pretty leftfield lineup from AAI. But at least it should be competitive. Can't say I share your feelings about the Chens. Comfortably the two slowest drivers in the race last year.

Cool they got to experience Le Mans but this is a much more intriguing entry.
Old 16 May 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3642240)   #584
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Johnny O, wtf. GM paying some bills. At least something interest in that "class" then. And this comes from someone who doesn't generally even note drivers. Interesting swansong (?) for him for sure. And it's a team worth some sympathy too, the little team that could, much like Pegasus in LMP2.

Guess it's looking hopeless for the remaining reserves, nobody even destroyed chassis in the pre races that could've made withdrawal likely.

Last edited by Deleted; 16 May 2016 at 19:46.
Old 17 May 2016, 01:29 (Ref:3642299)   #585
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Awesome to see that Johnny O is returning to Le Mans! Between him, Long, Henzler, Bell and Griffin, there should be some fantastic racing in GTE-Am.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 17 May 2016 at 01:37.
Old 17 May 2016, 08:45 (Ref:3642354)   #586
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The full list:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...h-drivers.html
Old 17 May 2016, 10:05 (Ref:3642367)   #587
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Can't say I share your feelings about the Chens. Comfortably the two slowest drivers in the race last year.

Cool they got to experience Le Mans but this is a much more intriguing entry.
Yeah I expect to be in a very tiny minority with my feelings on the Chens, (though I do agree that this entry is more intriguing from the point of view of the actual racing), the grid is less colourful and less global without the Chens there

I just love the underdog. Rebellion, AAI, Pegasus are the main examples at the moment really (probably the only thing me and Chiana agree on ).
Old 17 May 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3642406)   #588
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Awesome to see that Johnny O is returning to Le Mans! Between him, Long, Henzler, Bell and Griffin, there should be some fantastic racing in GTE-Am.
I think O'Connell will find the (Pro-)bar has been raised considerably since he last competed (not to mention a very different BoP model). Of course, his experience will be invaluable and consistency + staying out of the pits will be the key to a respectable result.

A surprising line up nevertheless and (assumably) a very welcome level of support from P&M to their privateer customers.
Old 17 May 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3642441)   #589
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I just love the underdog. Rebellion, AAI, Pegasus are the main examples at the moment really (probably the only thing me and Chiana agree on ).
He he

I'd say though, if we are in the subject of "little team that could", that ByKolles qualifies better there in LMP1 than Rebellion does, whom after all are former LMS/PLM champions, long supporters of sport and and big budgeted team.

Kolles, Pegasus and AAI seem to be in the same kind of "underground" league.

Algarve Pro, that'd be another.
Old 18 May 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3642624)   #590
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
In official PDF (no reserves)

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2016.pdf
Old 18 May 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3642679)   #591
Deleted
Veteran

Andy Blackmore confirms on FB that there WILL be a spotters guide for LM. So presumably sponsors found?
Old 19 May 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3642843)   #592
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Andy Blackmore confirms on FB that there WILL be a spotters guide for LM. So presumably sponsors found?
Ahh that's good news.

One livery he'll have to make is AAI. Nice to see some different colours on a Vette. It's been a while.

Old 19 May 2016, 11:43 (Ref:3642851)   #593
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Agreed the yellow is getting a little past it now good to see one looking distinctive
Old 19 May 2016, 12:30 (Ref:3642863)   #594
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Sportscar365 reporting that Matt Rao has replaced James Jakes at Manor.
Old 19 May 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3642864)   #595
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
One livery he'll have to make is AAI. Nice to see some different colours on a Vette. It's been a while.
Yeah that's a nice, refreshing one. Eurosport commentators won't mix it up to anything else then... except Kirby (if he's there) for Ferrari probably.
Old 19 May 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3642946)   #596
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Sportscar365 reporting that Matt Rao has replaced James Jakes at Manor.
Interesting. No explanation or insight in the S365 article so I won't bother linking to it.

I was looking for any changes in the entry and I'd missed that. Shame to see a Yorkshire guy miss out. Only thing I can (cynically) think is that Rao's wallet is slightly bigger?
Old 20 May 2016, 00:23 (Ref:3643037)   #597
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Little late but just saw where Ganassi has 4 Ford GTs in the field.
I was quite surprised. When was the last time an owner had
4 entries or more? Glad to see Billy Johnson got a seat.
Old 20 May 2016, 06:47 (Ref:3643141)   #598
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
AF Corse multible 4 car enteries
Old 20 May 2016, 09:07 (Ref:3643167)   #599
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Audi ran four cars in 2012
Old 23 May 2016, 01:13 (Ref:3643707)   #600
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cool to see Johnny-O back. Le Mans is probably the only race of the season where I kinda care about GTE-Am as it has produced some nice "feel-good" stories and good performances from underdog teams.

I always wondered why Corvette didn't keep him as an enduro driver after ousting him from the full-time seat. Would have figured with his experience with the class, format, tracks, the team and Jan, and the fact that he stayed in the GM family he would have been the perfect guy to use for the NAEC rounds rather than draft in other guys without as much GT experience... but I suppose that's more of a topic for the Corvette thread.