Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Oct 2003, 23:20 (Ref:743497)   #26
RM40
Racer

RM40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I missing something. I clearly see 49 entries for the race. That is almost all they can take. Is their something I'm not reading on the page?
Old 7 Oct 2003, 23:32 (Ref:743507)   #27
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah i'm surprised that the factory corvette team isn't entered. i would have thought they wanted a shot at an automatic bid for next year since they didn't win lemans 24 this year. and i thought carsport was going to enter it's pagoni zonda gr. that list is not what i expected, but at least there is a lamborghini entered

Last edited by slicktsax; 7 Oct 2003 at 23:38.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 23:46 (Ref:743514)   #28
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RM40, they skipped #s 1, 11 and 25-29. There are 42 entries.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Oct 2003, 00:02 (Ref:743527)   #29
RM40
Racer

D'oh.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 00:52 (Ref:743551)   #30
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
There are three MG's entered in LMP675, though the Intersport car is listed as 3.4l Judd engine, which is a bit strange, unless it isn't the car they've been running.

Now, if it is the real Lola/MG, have they put back together the car they wrecked earlier this year?
Old 8 Oct 2003, 01:30 (Ref:743560)   #31
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
AUTOWEEK: "The race return of the Pagani Zonda supercar scheduled for next month’s Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta has been set back. The Dutch-based team put the race program on hold for the Mercedes-engined GTS racer contender, after a disappointing Le Mans performance in June. A projected return for the American Le Mans Series finale has been delayed while the team awaits new development parts. The revised car, which will run a 7.0-liter engine and an Xtrac gearbox for the first time, should test in early October and then compete in the Le Mans Endurance Series race on the Le Mans-Bugatti circuit on Nov. 9."
So where is the Pagani :confused: ?
Old 8 Oct 2003, 01:57 (Ref:743573)   #32
RM40
Racer

Well the site does say 8 entries were rejected....
Old 8 Oct 2003, 02:18 (Ref:743579)   #33
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think the Dyson or factory vettes are entered because they will probably win Petit (not if ferrari can help it) and therefore get an auto in anyways right?

This Panoz GTP must be something for it not to be rejected, I cant imagine the ACO letting it in for nostalgia reasons!
Old 8 Oct 2003, 02:21 (Ref:743581)   #34
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy

This Panoz GTP must be something for it not to be rejected, I cant imagine the ACO letting it in for nostalgia reasons!
If it were, don't you think it would debut at Panoz's own big race. I believe that someone, somewhere already listed it was chassis #03, from 98'.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 03:41 (Ref:743612)   #35
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a nice gesture from Panoz, he really is living up to his motto as "For the Fans"....
Old 8 Oct 2003, 04:11 (Ref:743621)   #36
GTsports
Rookie

GTsports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sending that five year old car to the LM 1000 surely isn't going to be the swansong for Panoz, is it?

All I want to know is- were's the Zonda?

Last edited by GTsports; 8 Oct 2003 at 04:13.
FIA GT is #1
Old 8 Oct 2003, 05:40 (Ref:743647)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Hey, thanks to the fact that TT have members all around the planet, it's now the place that never sleep !

Well, I discovered the list at 7am cet, and I was first of all dispapointed (as I always am) seeying so few prototypes ; but let's be reasonable : as AudiR8 noticed above, it's the far end of the season, and some teams should be pennyless...

LMP900/GTP :
- only one Pescarolo : this is the lack of $ effect...
- no Courage C60 : same, and the team focuses on the C65 developpement, and maybe a GTP (?)
- only one RFH
- but : the Riley Scott is here (quite fast this summer), we've got a Lola Judd (but which one ? a B2K10 ?), and this marvelous GTP by Panoz (thank you Don !), even if not at the top of the pops !
LMP675 :
- quite a good grid, more than last june ! And we french will be happy to see the Deb back on the grid, two MGs that were missing last june, and the beloved C65, not talking about the WRs
- the DBA is missing : RIP ?
GTS :
- too weak, IMHO (I'm talking about the quantity), but it should be the FIA-GT effect ; the cars are great, and we'll have the brand new Murcielago ; the Pagani is cruelly missing (I think this car is really great)
GT :
- a Porsche cup with guests, but great guests : the C5 (great !), the Spyker and the... Morgan ! And the TVR, I appreciate a lot... not talking about the Ferraris... good !

We'll have a reasonabily great event for a far end of the season, certainly under showers, rain, and by cold weather, should be a great show on the very small track !

Can't wait !
Old 8 Oct 2003, 06:01 (Ref:743655)   #38
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by seb72
what do you think of the list: a panoz car in GTP , the back of lamborghini, laffite as a driver of the morgan aero 8.
Thank you for the link so early : you had the holeshot !

Gentlemen , I propose to focus on one thread for this topic, so I'll move Seb72 question on the main one (which is Le Mans 1000kms entry list), and close this one...

Seb, the answer to your post is here

Last edited by Fab; 8 Oct 2003 at 06:06.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 06:05 (Ref:743656)   #39
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by seb72
what do you think of the list: a panoz car in GTP , the back of lamborghini, laffite as a driver of the morgan aero 8.
Lamborghini come back is great news IMHO... especially in the perspective of the 2004 season in LMES ; can't wait to see the beast on the track, and its performances...

And what a pleasure to see Jacques Laffite back in Le Mans, even if doesn't like the place (especially the Hunaudières)... and in the Aero 8 !
Old 8 Oct 2003, 06:46 (Ref:743666)   #40
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right just had another look at the entry, as it was a bit late to take it all in last night.

I'm still in shock from the Panoz news, didn't see that one coming.

Nice to see a strong 675 entry, shame there are so few 900's.

As for GTS, I can still not belive there are so few cars. GT was always going to be Porsche come race, but it's nice to see the Morgan back, good to see the TVR's out again (Ickx's in the all girl car). Oh and I have heard of some of those Porsche teams
Old 8 Oct 2003, 06:59 (Ref:743669)   #41
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
good to see the TVR's out again (Ickx's in the all girl car).
Well spoted Rob, I missed that one : an "all female team" ! I sincerely hope they'll beat up some "all male" cars... just to show !

Is that Milka Duno in the Chamberlain MG ? How come she had a FRA (France) country attribution ? I thought she was a Venezuelian ? :confused:

There's a lot of pilots missing in the GTS cars too...
Old 8 Oct 2003, 07:23 (Ref:743695)   #42
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Just to precise to members : Ayse merged two threads (one open by Seb72, the other open by aprescott) ; as the Seb72 one is the main, and glued to the aprescott one, Seb72 doesn't appears as the one who opened the thread (giving the main news : the entry list !).

That's why mentionned Seb72 in the title of the thread : Raede Caesaris quae sunt Caesaris !
Old 8 Oct 2003, 07:28 (Ref:743699)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, I never thought about such things when I merged them. I realise you had closed one, but then that meant that members still had to open the closed thread to see the original posts, so I thought I'd put them together......
Old 8 Oct 2003, 09:01 (Ref:743796)   #44
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
does this mean a class win for panoz at le mans?!?! at last!

and vaninas driving a tvr...sigh.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 09:24 (Ref:743819)   #45
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
does this mean a class win for panoz at le mans?!?! at last!
To win, you first have to start (cf Lister last June), and... finish !

I hope they will... do we have a pic of this car around ? Red, red, make it red ! (I like red panozes...)
Old 8 Oct 2003, 09:41 (Ref:743836)   #46
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is this the car we're all talking about? i thought it only came in silver or white. don't remember a red one.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 10:24 (Ref:743866)   #47
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
There are three MG's entered in LMP675, though the Intersport car is listed as 3.4l Judd engine, which is a bit strange, unless it isn't the car they've been running.
Now, if it is the real Lola/MG, have they put back together the car they wrecked earlier this year?
Unless it's a new chassis, I'm guesing it has to be their original one rebuilt-

they've been running Chamberlain's car for the last few races and that's on the list in it's own right- so if Chamberlain will have their car back for this race, I don't think there are enough MG's around for Intersport's to be anything but their original car or a new one-

Where's the Judd come from though?- maybe that's why it's taken so long to rebuild the car?- either that or it's just an error on the list.

If they have rebuilt it around a Judd, then it has to be the best-kept secret of the season...-
Old 8 Oct 2003, 12:15 (Ref:743999)   #48
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some Judd engines at Le mans were called MG... I don´t think a 3.4 litre engine will fit in the Lola chassis... I guess the fact is that Lola was built specially to have a compact, 4 cylinder engine, and its aerodynamics, suspension mountings... etc were very specific...
Anyway. i can´t go to the race..., so hope those of you going will enjoy. entry list is not that bad.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 12:19 (Ref:744008)   #49
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
is this the car we're all talking about? i thought it only came in silver or white. don't remember a red one.
It's this one allright ; there's no red one, it was just a hope !

There was one purple, but it was a Hybrid, not an Esperante...
Old 8 Oct 2003, 12:20 (Ref:744010)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That never actually raced at LM though, did it?