Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Aug 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1685098)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
goodwood testing 23/24 august

is anyone else going? I am testing on 24th August, whats the format? Is it an open pitlane or does each race have an allocated time?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1685406)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi
My friend was testing last weekend. It sounds like certain cars at certain times

I was a spectator a few years ago and it seemed like everyone went out at the same time regardless of car/race/time.

As it says on the label, a testing day !
Old 24 Aug 2006, 10:29 (Ref:1690233)   #3
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone go testing yesterday then? If so, was it mixed or in batches?

Are there any entry lists online anywhere? The VSCC, HSCC, etc publish them but I haven't seen any for the Revival.

Paul M
Old 24 Aug 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1690260)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no details that I'm aware of. Only places would be BARC or Goodwood pages and there's nothing on either about entry lists.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 07:38 (Ref:1691222)   #5
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that Drabble set a new small capacity sports car lap record at Goodwood yesterday, anyone know for sure?

J
Old 25 Aug 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1691378)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
if you don't turn left at St MArys and rejoin halfway down the LAvant straight you might save a few seconds, but I'm sure SImon kept it on the black bits
Old 25 Aug 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1691422)   #7
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFW
I heard that Drabble set a new small capacity sports car lap record at Goodwood yesterday, anyone know for sure?

J
Must have been on Yokis.!!

JM
Old 25 Aug 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1691609)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFW

J
I thought I was quite quick until Gareth Burnett rattled past me in his Merlyn completely humbling me so Jason it looks as if your fear of coming last is without founding!
There were some beautiful cars there - Derek Hill in the most gorgeous sounding and stunning looking Alfa Romeo Mille Miglia type car, a stunning Stanguallini (spelling?) a covey of Cobra's and a GT40, plus a 23b, Elva Mk7, two Merlyns and other various exotica.
The weather was perfect the track resurfaced and the Naafi truck serving great bacon butties - I cant wait for next week!!!!
Old 25 Aug 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1691672)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
There were some beautiful cars there - Derek Hill in the most gorgeous sounding and stunning looking Alfa Romeo Mille Miglia type car,
I think this is Joe Colassaco's 3000CM in which he kept Gary Pearson very honest at the Le Mans Legends race. If Derek Hill is driving this at Goodwood, then this will be up the sharp end ..... and yes, Simon, truly a gorgeous car. Can't wait to see it in the flesh!
Old 26 Aug 2006, 06:45 (Ref:1691904)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I cant see either of the Merlyn's finishing in front of the Welsh 23B or the 23B with the BMW engine.Always thought the BMW engine was introduced after 66 but who am I to argue with Goodwood history.As far as the 3000CM assume its still got those disc brakes! Nigel"s Jag and the 3000CM who wins the real race?
Old 26 Aug 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1691912)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John, I think that we've come to accept these 'anomalies' at Goodwood!
Old 26 Aug 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1691930)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
I cant see either of the Merlyn's finishing in front of the Welsh 23B or the 23B with the BMW engine.Always thought the BMW engine was introduced after 66 but who am I to argue with Goodwood history.As far as the 3000CM assume its still got those disc brakes! Nigel"s Jag and the 3000CM who wins the real race?
I chatted to Derek Hill about that - he said that it had discs in period, is this Webb's D Type (the one so many say is a replica) or his C Type? C Types did run with discs in period as I think I am correct in saying that the Hamilton/Rolt one had them at Le Mans
I agree about the 23b with a BMW engine - is that the German one that was on the market a few years ago? John, I would say with Gareth peddling you have a very real chance of competing at the sharp end of our "class". I will concentrate on not coming last and finishing! (makes not to myself to not run out of fuel as I did on Thursday - v embarressing!)
Old 26 Aug 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1691948)   #13
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to my wife you where going pretty well when she saw you and took this.Mr Drabble

Mr Drabble again

Derek Bell looks pretty quick in the Petworth estate E Type.
Bell

However the best car was the 3000M, disc brakes or not its a fine car.
3000M

Looking forward to seeing them myself in a weeks time.

Test day page
Old 26 Aug 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1691949)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
C Types did run with discs in period as I think I am correct in saying that the Hamilton/Rolt one had them at Le Mans
Yes, they won in 1953 with a disc braked C-type and the Moss/Walker sister car was second.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 09:18 (Ref:1691950)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Great pics, Nordic!
Old 26 Aug 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1691959)   #16
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Great pics, Nordic!

Would love to take the credit but my wife took them. She dropped in both days as she has friends in the area and they took the kids they for a day out and had a picnic!

(I am not going to lend her my camera again!)
Old 26 Aug 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1692864)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Colassaco is the same man as had the QUICK junior at Monaco? I saw the car at Le Mans it looks good and it will be an interesting race against Nigels C Type assuming it runs.I will have a close interest in the progress of the Austin Westminster now that should be quick.The 23BBMW is being driven by Simon Diffey so watch out.My monies on Dennis to win that race
Old 27 Aug 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1693406)   #18
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Prophet raced a Lotus-BMW 23 as early as 1964 so they are period (though I don't know exactly what engine the Goodwood car has)
Old 27 Aug 2006, 11:05 (Ref:1693457)   #19
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Colassaco is the same man as had the QUICK junior at Monaco? I saw the car at Le Mans it looks good and it will be an interesting race against Nigels C Type assuming it runs.I will have a close interest in the progress of the Austin Westminster now that should be quick.The 23BBMW is being driven by Simon Diffey so watch out.My monies on Dennis to win that race
surely one of the larger engined cars will win - like David Clark's Elva Mk8 or Robert Brooks' Lotus 19
Nordic please thanks your wife for some great smudges - that is of course John Ruston's Merlyn behind me driven by the very quick Gareth Burnett..
Old 27 Aug 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1694081)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The two Elvas should win with Mr Clark being second but am working on the theory that being later cars they are in a different race.We know Simon Hadfield will not be beaten.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1694126)   #21
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Had I been in orange and not white on Saturday you would have seen my Ten Tenths patch.
Even though, you must still keep you feet on the ground in 'MY' pit lane!!
Yes sorry that was me.
Good to see you all had a good day.
I will be around somewhere over the weekend but lucky for you lot not in the pit lane!
Hope you all have a good one.