Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jun 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2889496)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Our hosts for the '2011 10Tenths Le Mans Garage Visit' are.........AUDI!!!

..............to be revealed a little later!

But, before the announcement later this evening, it is only right that I take this opportunity to give credit to those who have enabled our 2011 garage visit to become a reality when all appeared to be lost.

It has been an extraordinary 48 hours!

Having officially abandoned all attempts to arrange a garage visit for this year, I received a PM from a forum member with less than 10 posts to his name. I still don't know who he is, but his message indicated that he may be able to arrange something for us. I confess, I had a fairly good idea as to the identity of the team involved and replied with an outline of what we had done in previous years.

Yesterday morning, an email arrived from a part of Europe I've never visited. Yes, they would like to help, a meeting had already taken place for approval from one part of team and a second meeting would take place later in the day for agreement from another part of the team. Looked promising!

This morning, a second email........and the green light!

So, on behalf of 10Tenths, I would like to sincerely thank that anonymous forum member and those involved with the team in question who moved so swiftly to put this garage visit in place for us. As of now, you are all officially legends on 10Tenths. Thank you so very much!

I will put together a comprehensive post outlining the timings, the number of places available, the criteria for the allocation of places (which will ultimately come down to me to decide.....my least favourite task associated with these visits, and one which I suspect will be exceptionally difficult this year) and the strict rules which will need to be adhered to this year.

Stand by for an announcement which will blow your minds!
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2889642)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The details.........

As in 2009, I have been invited to put together 2 groups of 10 forum members to visit the garages of our hosts:

Group 1 will meet at 12:15 against the pit wall opposite the team's garages for a pit visit which is scheduled to begin at 12:30.

Group 2 will meet at 13:15 against the pit wall opposite the team's garages for a pit visit which is scheduled to begin at 13:30.

THE USE OF CAMERAS (of any type, including camcorders and mobile phones) IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN THE GARAGES. There will be no opportunities for photographing/videoing (I have given my word that this rule will be adhered to). The team will provide a secure area where bags, rucksacks, cameras and mobile phones must be placed for the duration of the visit.

I suspect demand will massively outstrip the number of places we have available for these visits, so I apologise now to anyone who is left disappointed. My aim will be to offer places to members as fairly as possible, based on a number of criteria, their contribution to the forum over the past 12 months in particular.

Several places I intend to offer automatically; our hosts for the 10Tenths Saturday meeting, PascaLM and bernard b, GT6 (who has also been trying to put together a garage visit for us) and, of course, Ayse.

Walter (lemansfan) leaves for Le Mans tonight and has asked me to put his name on the list, since he may be unable to access the internet over the next 24/48 hours.

So, without further ado, if you would like to be considered for a place on one of the visits, please indicate which group you would prefer to join (12:15 or 13:15), if you are happy to join either group or if you know you can only make one of the visits due to other commitments.

PLEASE only put your name down for a place if you are 100% sure that you will be able to attend. It is unforgiveable to take a place then not turn up, thus depriving somebody else of the opportunity. Lastly, this is for forum members only, there will be no places for friends and family (but you all knew that anyway).

Oh, nearly forgot.............

OUR HOSTS FOR THE OFFICIAL 2011 10TENTHS LE MANS GARAGE VISIT ARE.................
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2889643)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUDI SPORT
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2889644)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
This is like the waiting on XFactor Mr.B ..... Did you get Cheryl Coles place then ?

Oh dear ..... Well done that man . Howdja pull that off !!!

I bet your going to see the height of effiency in operation there .
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2889646)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is just superb!

I'll put my name in the hat. Any time. I'm a relative newbie but if you don't buy a ticket...
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2889648)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That is what i was thinking when you said somewhere in europe you had not been to.
Looking forward to it already, happy to do either visit.
well done james
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:34 (Ref:2889650)   #7
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Oh yes please James.
Either time would be just fine with me.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2889651)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is mega, gutted that I am going to missing it !!!

Well done James for pulling it off.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:37 (Ref:2889653)   #9
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
i would very much like to be a part of one of the groups James, if possible please count me in.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2889657)   #10
Revvedup917
Rookie

Revvedup917 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What great news, a visit to Audi sport , no less ! If you were a budding automobile engineer like me, would you let this chance go by ?
Please put my name down for your consideration, 1215 or 1315, any session would be fine !
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2889667)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've known for just a few hours longer than you guys - have been biting my tongue waiting for this post! Fantastically well done James - the ultimate coup, I'd say!
Old 1 Jun 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2889669)   #12
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a big new!!! I'd like to be in for the 12:15 group . If there are too much candidates , it doesn't matter, I have visited the garages in the last years.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2889675)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Amazing! You really pulled that one right out of the bag!

Even though I've been to the previous two pit visits, I'd love to go to this one...! Available for either groups.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2889681)   #14
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is why this motorsports forum is tops through-out the racing world.
Congrats on the Audi pit visit.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2889687)   #15
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Formidable !

Thank you James for all the efforts you did for the group ; I have always thought that Le Mans has several magic moments in store, even for us, ordinary spectators.

Ok, for that time I promise that I won't :
1- knock into one of the carbon parts of the bodywork, perfectly laid on the ground ;
2- jostle Ayse and all people to rush for an hypothetical autograph.

I'd prefer the second group (I will come from Blois).
Old 1 Jun 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2889693)   #16
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, what a rabbit you managed to pull out of the hat.
Amazing stuff. I marvel in the amount of work you seem to put into this organizing.
Enjoy your visit.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2889705)   #17
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Well done guys, thats an awesome opportunity
Old 2 Jun 2011, 01:28 (Ref:2889733)   #18
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went along on the visit two years ago and loved it, would love to experience it once again if possible James, the latter visit would suit me best.

Once again, well done to those involved .
Old 2 Jun 2011, 03:20 (Ref:2889745)   #19
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Audi Sport! You've outdone yourselves this year, well done to everyone involved.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 06:27 (Ref:2889772)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
James,

Please put me down if there is space - The earlier time is better for me if possible.

Well done to those involved on getting it arranged.

Mal
Old 2 Jun 2011, 07:43 (Ref:2889792)   #21
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think I'll qualify, but haven't shoot is always a miss! 12.15 or 13.15 is both good for me. Great work!
Old 2 Jun 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2889803)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
This is like the waiting on XFactor Mr.B ..... Did you get Cheryl Coles place then ?

Oh dear ..... Well done that man . Howdja pull that off !!!

Sorry mate, it wasn't intential. I was receiving phonecall after phonecall last night which made it impossible to get the job done.

Regarding 'pulling it off', I didn't, Audi came to me, I take no credit whatsoever for this visit, it is entirely thanks to that anonymous forum member and Audi themselves.

We have talked about 'goosebump moments' on another thread. Imagine my 'goosebumps moment' when the first email from my 'Ingolstadt' contact came through stating that a meeting with Dr Ullrich (regarding the garage visits) had already taken place that morning and that he had given his consent!
Old 2 Jun 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2889872)   #23
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James they wouldn't have come to you without all your effort with the other teams and the forum, so take some credit!

Well done! looks to be an incredible visit. And if by some miracle i get chosen i promise not to ask stupid questions
Old 2 Jun 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2889886)   #24
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Exceptional offer! There is no better PR than this, should we consider Audi taking on the former ALMS tag For The Fans?

Well done Audi & James!

If you would consider me joining either of both groups, it would be great!
Old 2 Jun 2011, 10:29 (Ref:2889892)   #25
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can I throw my hat in the ring for this,
I don't mind which time