Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 18 May 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3076058)   #26
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Very nice indeed!

Also very impressed that you are able to pull it off every year!
Old 18 May 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3076103)   #27
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Thanks for all the good work James, I wonder what team will be so lucky to meet the Ten Tenths members....

Nice one.
Old 18 May 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3076240)   #28
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
James , you are phenomenal !!!
Old 19 May 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3076268)   #29
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Outstanding news and phenomenal work my friend. Can't wait to hear the final word. Everything is set on my end thanks to you and Batmobile.
Old 19 May 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3076314)   #30
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Take it easy guys......I feel more than a little embarassed by all the compliments.

10Tenths is an extraordinary site with so many wonderful contributors. It's a place where those of us who in real life may have few, if any, friends or aquaintances who share our passion for this area of motorsport, can learn, inform and debate about 'our sport'.

So, I consider any effort I might make to organise the garage visits to be nothing more than me giving a little something back to the 10Tenths members who make this site what it is. I also see the garage visits as an extension of the main 10Tenths event at Le Mans, the Saturday morning meeting, giving those of us lucky enough to attend, the opportunity to spend more time together.

The fact that we all look forward to meeting up at Le Mans each year demonstrates, to me, just what good friends we have all become over the years, with new faces always made welcome and feeling 'at home' with the regulars instantly. It's a family that I, for one, am very proud to be a part of!

Old 19 May 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3076373)   #31
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Before the big reveal in a few days, I'd just like to reiterate that places on the visit are awarded on merit, based on a number of forum related criteria (contributions to discussions, the nature of those contributions, post count, length of service etc.).

Also, as has been the case for the past few years, no places will be made available to friends and family of 10Tenths members. Sorry.

The 2012 garage visit will follow a similar format to the Speedy Racing Team Sebah (now Rebellion) and Audi visits. In other words, there will be 20 places available in total, split into 2 groups of 10. Timings are yet to be finalised, but I anticipate a start time somewhat later in the afternoon than in previous years (I'll explain more when I reveal the identity of our hosts).
Old 19 May 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3076420)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

The fact that we all look forward to meeting up at Le Mans each year demonstrates, to me, just what good friends we have all become over the years, with new faces always made welcome and feeling 'at home' with the regulars instantly. It's a family that I, for one, am very proud to be a part of!

Here here.

But we're all also very grateful for everything you've done over a number of years now organising these brilliant visits......
Old 20 May 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3076727)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Here here.

But we're all also very grateful for everything you've done over a number of years now organising these brilliant visits......
.........and I do very much appreciate all the kind words, really. I'd be the first to criticise someone for not saying thank you. I just find the level of praise and gratitude a little overwhelming at times.

I'll shut up now......
Old 20 May 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3076994)   #34
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well done James!!!!
unfortunately i'm arriving on Friday this year so that makes me joining unlikely.
so everybody enjoy the visit

Ciao Marco
Old 21 May 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3077255)   #35
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
If there's still a vacancy then please count me in ! I'm really excited who'll be the favoured ones this year. If only it'd be my marque...
Old 21 May 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3077288)   #36
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
If there's still a vacancy then please count me in ! I'm really excited who'll be the favoured ones this year. If only it'd be my marque...
Remco.....don't worry, no places have been allocated as yet, and you've expressed your interest in time this year!

Your marque is also my marque, don't forget.......and yes, they would probably be at the top of everyone's wish list for this year. But, I hope everyone understands that I need to be realistic when deciding which team (or teams) to approach. Maybe 2012 is the year for all of us to get our feet firmly back on the ground, following the fairytale Audi visit in 2011.

Incidentally, I hope to announce our 2012 hosts later today......
Old 21 May 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3077319)   #37
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Remco.....don't worry, no places have been allocated as yet, and you've expressed your interest in time this year!

Your marque is also my marque, don't forget.......and yes, they would probably be at the top of everyone's wish list for this year. But, I hope everyone understands that I need to be realistic when deciding which team (or teams) to approach. Maybe 2012 is the year for all of us to get our feet firmly back on the ground, following the fairytale Audi visit in 2011.

Incidentally, I hope to announce our 2012 hosts later today......
Really anxious to hear who the hosts are and who can go this year.
Old 21 May 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3077367)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You have us on tenderhooks again James, been trying to guess who it might be but know it will be good as always, Helen is happy to be the only girl again but she has told me that she does not expect an invite this year as she has hardly done any posting since last year
Old 21 May 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3077415)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Maybe 2012 is the year for all of us to get our feet firmly back on the ground, following the fairytale Audi visit in 2011.

Oh crikey - does that mean the Debora is a last-minute extra entry........
Old 21 May 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3077418)   #40
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Oh crikey - does that mean the Debora is a last-minute extra entry........
JLOC Lambo as a late entry?
Old 21 May 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3077421)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
JLOC Lambo as a late entry?
Yep, that must be it - but the invitation to the garage visit is conditional on each of us being able to bring some spare parts for them to use......
Old 21 May 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3077452)   #42
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep, that must be it - but the invitation to the garage visit is conditional on each of us being able to bring some spare parts for them to use......
I'll bring the windscreen!
Old 21 May 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3077456)   #43
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
You have to bring a big bag of money first then...
Old 21 May 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3077476)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had a feeling James was toying with expectations with his post. Any of the 56 teams would have been amazing and a highlight for the people lucky enough to go. But TOYOTA! Amazing scenes.
Old 21 May 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3077498)   #45
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I had a feeling James was toying with expectations with his post. Any of the 56 teams would have been amazing and a highlight for the people lucky enough to go. But TOYOTA! Amazing scenes.
Old 21 May 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3077503)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think this thread has run its course - please use the 'official' garage visit thread from now on.

THREAD CLOSED
Closed Thread