Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 4 Jan 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2608027)   #1
Zetec
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Zetec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D.A. Service Costs

At present my son is running a Pi System 2 dash. As the season is not too far away we are in the proceeds in stripping the car out and refurbing ect. As it has been a few months since the car was last started I have notice that the dash no longer holds its memory. Bearing in mind the dash was lasted tested by Pi (V.Stanley) February 1997 and that it was purchased as a "used" set up along with various sensors and cables. A wheels peed sensor is also damaged, it appears to be a Honeywell sensor with a 2 pin sure seal connector.

Does anyone have any ideas how much it will cost to get the battery replace and the sensor fixed. As I am on a tight budget for 2010 could I under take the job to save a few £s or should I let the professionals do the job ?

Tom.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2616258)   #2
Zetec
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Zetec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec View Post
At present my son is running a Pi System 2 dash. As the season is not too far away we are in the proceeds in stripping the car out and refurbing ect. As it has been a few months since the car was last started I have notice that the dash no longer holds its memory. Bearing in mind the dash was lasted tested by Pi (V.Stanley) February 1997 and that it was purchased as a "used" set up along with various sensors and cables. A wheels peed sensor is also damaged, it appears to be a Honeywell sensor with a 2 pin sure seal connector.

Does anyone have any ideas how much it will cost to get the battery replace and the sensor fixed. As I am on a tight budget for 2010 could I under take the job to save a few £s or should I let the professionals do the job ?

Tom.
The battery was easily replaced by myself, not exactly rocket science to replace the battery, the only difficulties were aligning the carbon rubber LCD contact strips. The dash works as it should. I just wonder how much I have saved being involved in this process, no doubt a few hundred ££s saved if Pi / Cosworth were to carry out the job.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2616755)   #3
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done, worth the punt, those contact strips can be tricky, I remember trying to fix the LCD on my old SAAB once... it wasn't so successful