Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Dec 2022, 21:50 (Ref:4136514)   #1
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DTM 2023

I guess it's time for the 2023 thread.
With the big announcement that ADAC is taking over the DTM and further details revealed today, there are already some more information regarding the upcoming season.

First of all, I have to say today's news kind of exceeded my expectations. The 'pyramid' that ADAC came up with looks really good 'on paper' and I'm really happy that the concept of the DTM is retained. I believe that thanks to ADAC, the DTM is on a bit more stable ground.

Lack of competition between DTM and ADAC will also help everyone in my opinion plus will put some order to the German motorsport scene and the whole package looks very, very good. I'm also happy that DTM will now use Pirelli as I've got an impression that Michelin wasn't fully engaged in their role of tyre supplier. Slightly less happy with SRO BOP but that was to be predicted.

I'm quite curious if the relationship between DTM and DTM Endurance will be completely frictionless however. How the teams will be spread across the two series remains to be seen but I'm kind of curious about the numbers. ADAC says their goal for the DTM is to have between 24 and 28 cars and I believe it's reasonable.

Have to say I like the calendar a lot, really happy with return to Oschersleben, will be fantastic to see DTM at Sachsenring as well. It's nice to see the DTM return to Zandvoort and that Norisring is retained. The balance is much in favour of Germany but great that all the 6 events will be held on different tracks. In the future would be great to see two rounds added, for instance at Salzburgring and Spa but still, not much to complain about.