Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Sep 2015, 22:59 (Ref:3574757)   #51
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Not happening for qualifying I'm afraid. If you can't get it on Fox Sports Go then it's back to the good-old-fashioned RLM broadcast.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:06 (Ref:3574760)   #52
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Nothing on vipbox either. Live timing only sadly for me.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:09 (Ref:3574761)   #53
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Not happening for qualifying I'm afraid. If you can't get it on Fox Sports Go then it's back to the good-old-fashioned RLM broadcast.
I'm not getting anything on RLM?

I'm watching it on Eurosport player, sans commentary.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:09 (Ref:3574762)   #54
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FoxSportsGo will show me high school football but not world championship racing ... Man am I spoiled. I got to see the Conti race and Tudor quali and will watch two races tomorrow, and I am whining because I can't watch WEC quali.

#1stworldproblems for sure.

See you all online tomorrow.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:14 (Ref:3574763)   #55
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'm not getting anything on RLM?

I'm watching it on Eurosport player, sans commentary.
Correct you are. I'm watching highlights of the ruggers and just assumed RLM would be covering qualifying, but apparently that's not the case.

Live timing is all I have the eyes for anyway. #99 Aston pulling it out of the bag to deny a near-certain 1-2 for the 911s.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:16 (Ref:3574765)   #56
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such a hopeless cause for Davidson and Conway.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3574767)   #57
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Red flag? What just happened?
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:22 (Ref:3574768)   #58
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
47 stopped.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3574769)   #59
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
KCMG Oreca did around 200 yards without any issues at all, before their session was cut short by some sort of technical fault.

The first corner was so close, yet so far.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:25 (Ref:3574770)   #60
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://livestream.com/accounts/36088...4&medium=email LMP stream auf deutsch
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3574771)   #61
kvenom
Veteran

Goodwin saying there might be two driver changes at Toyota.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 23:32 (Ref:3574772)   #62
kvenom
Veteran

47 magically running again.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 00:15 (Ref:3574783)   #63
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very slow times

Toyota's best time is only 0.5s faster than their fastest time in 2014 QLF.

On LMP2, the fastest time is 0.9s slower than last year
Old 19 Sep 2015, 00:27 (Ref:3574789)   #64
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
very slow times

Toyota's best time is only 0.5s faster than their fastest time in 2014 QLF.

On LMP2, the fastest time is 0.9s slower than last year
Air temp is around 32C vs 26C last year. Track temp was even bigger in disparity. Last year was 29C vs 39C today. Huge difference.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 03:29 (Ref:3574820)   #65
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's OT, but this reminded me of the begining of the year when there were some F1 fanboys delluding theirselves believing the cars would get 3s faster this year just because they were doing laptimes a couple of seconds faster than Barcelona's 2014 pole(this always happens because in winter the temps are up to 20ºC colder)

It's good that Toyota is "just" 1.5s slower than Audi. Not so much on no man's land, this time
Old 19 Sep 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3574827)   #66
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My Friday report... This is my first trip to COTA and it was hot, hot, HOT! It was in the high 90's and while I am used to these temperatures, the heat, humidity and a ton of walking took its toll on me. I found I had to take a nap in the shade during the middle of the day! So I am officially getting too old for this.

I watched the CTSC race from the Turn 15 grandstands and as mentioned in the Tudor thread track limit violations was crazy (Turn 15 specifically). I watched qualifying for tomorrow’s races from the front straight grandstand (shade), so I can’t comment on track limits during that.

Seeing the current crop of prototypes in person was interesting. They look great! They are low and visibly fast. The Rebellion livery looks great. They have the/a red Porsche 919 in the Porsche fan area and it looks great in that color. It’s a shame Porsche doesn’t do more with their livery, but that is a broken record.

I brought a basic point and shoot so I have some photos to share. The WEC cars are living the closed garages along the pit. So it is effectively impossible to see anything “up close”. However, the CTSC grid walk did allow peaks into the WEC garages. I happened to catch one of the Porsche GTE cars and the two prototypes making a trip to scrutineering and got some photos of that.

I am a Porsche fan so there is a bit of a focus on Porsche, but I do catch a bunch of others cars including some from the Tudor series. Oh, and I am pretty sure the guy sitting in the Chaparral is Jim Hall. He had it started up and was revving the engine for the crowd. There is also a selfie via a mirrored window in the Porsche pit-wall box (if you are curious as to what I really look like)

http://imgur.com/a/xoQ0W

Lastly, I saw Patrick Dempsey in the flesh, so my weekend is complete! (No offense to Dempsey fans… I actually like and respect Dempsey for him being able to chase his dream)

Richard
Old 19 Sep 2015, 05:47 (Ref:3574828)   #67
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did the chaparral turn any laps ?
Old 19 Sep 2015, 05:51 (Ref:3574829)   #68
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Did the chaparral turn any laps ?
I don't know. However what was interesting is that I left the track at about 7:30 PM (Sun was about to set) and as our shuttle was taking me to the lot I had parked in, they had the Chaparral outside of the main circuit on a side road and away from where it was on display inside the circuit. While it was parked at that moment, it was clear it was being/had been driven. I almost got off the bus to see what was going on, but was tired and hungry, so I stayed on the bus!

Anyhow, I wonder if something might happen tomorrow?

Richard

PS: Direct link for the Chaparral photo...

http://i.imgur.com/XLPmtjn.jpg

Last edited by Richard C; 19 Sep 2015 at 06:00.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 06:06 (Ref:3574833)   #69
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very nice Richard! Thank you kindly.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 08:00 (Ref:3574848)   #70
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Goodwin saying there might be two driver changes at Toyota.
Did he happen to drop any hints on who?
Old 19 Sep 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3574861)   #71
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the pics Richard. Nice hat
Old 19 Sep 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3574872)   #72
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any idea why Bachler is not driving the Proton Porsche?
Old 19 Sep 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3574903)   #73
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I brought a basic point and shoot so I have some photos to share.

http://imgur.com/a/xoQ0W

Richard
Thanks! That's the best look at the new Porsche rear end that I've seen. It really is beautiful.

I Googled Chaparral to see if I could find any stories about Jim Hall at COTA and found this link and story. Not COTA but interesting. It is actually a photo taken from Turn 5 at Road Atlanta looking back at the Esses. You can see the almost new track in its early years. A lot different than COTA!

http://www.thisweekinmotors.com/chap...can-am-outlaw/
Old 19 Sep 2015, 14:55 (Ref:3574911)   #74
kvenom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Did he happen to drop any hints on who?
Unfortunately no, but I think Wurz is one of them on the outs IMO.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3574916)   #75
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Unfortunately no, but I think Wurz is one of them on the outs IMO.
I think Sarrazin would be more likely than Wurz given Alex's development role, but those two would be the most likely candidates to step down if I had to guess.