Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2020, 00:55 (Ref:3958121)   #1
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Perhaps the team should've told Hamlin to maybe not do burnouts given the situation with Newman...

Edit - Hamlin probably doesn't know how severe it was, but the team... A severe lack of class at the moment. Effin' morons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Head on and then got blasted in the roof. I'm just hoping Ryan's okay...
I'm hoping Gibbs was on the radio and heard confirmation he was ok. He did hold the celebration and prayer a min listening to the radio so maybe positive. Although I guess Nascar thinks no one cares and would rather see ads
Old 18 Feb 2020, 00:57 (Ref:3958123)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm hoping Gibbs was on the radio and heard confirmation he was ok. He did hold the celebration and prayer a min listening to the radio so maybe positive. Although I guess Nascar thinks no one cares and would rather see ads
Yeah, hope Ryan is okay cause that felt quite tacky, all round.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 03:25 (Ref:3958377)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wow, has Drew Brees hatred infiltrated all aspects and hate on Boilermakers?
I like Drew. He just plays for the wrong teams.

Quote:
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...angerous-sport

Interesting write up and noteworthy description on Joe Gibbs after the race. Confirms they didn't know much before victory lane. It's understandable...
Old 19 Feb 2020, 04:11 (Ref:3958385)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I like Drew. He just plays for the wrong teams.

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...angerous-sport

Interesting write up and noteworthy description on Joe Gibbs after the race. Confirms they didn't know much before victory lane. It's understandable...
Yeah, I have no problem with that immediate reaction from the team and drivers. It is the big race of the year and without news broadcast everywhere I would expect that reaction. And then the reaction from Joe and him dialing everything back, and his statements after just reinforce that.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3958480)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, I have no problem with that immediate reaction from the team and drivers. It is the big race of the year and without news broadcast everywhere I would expect that reaction. And then the reaction from Joe and him dialing everything back, and his statements after just reinforce that.
I don't buy it. Literally seconds after Dillon went into the fence a couple of years ago, Dale Jr. was asking about it and even if Hamlin himself somehow missed seeing Newman's Ford transforming into a twisted, flaming pile of metal in his rearview mirror there were still tons of others who sure as hell didn't. Not to mention they had nearly a full minute to tell Hamlin, before he unplugged his radio (I just checked the footage).

Amateur hour, no excuses are going to change that. Hopefully they learned something though, so they can be better in the future should something similar happen again.

Edit - I just saw video taken from the stands, by a fan. They are literally screaming "Oh my God, the roof! The cage!" seconds after the hit, almost before the car even comes to a stop. So, yeah, no excuse what so ever for the team not instantly telling Hamlin about the severity of the crash.

There, I promise I'm done ranting about it now.

Last edited by rustyfan; 19 Feb 2020 at 12:53.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3958486)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
I don't buy it. Literally seconds after Dillon went into the fence a couple of years ago, Dale Jr. was asking about it and even if Hamlin himself somehow missed seeing Newman's Ford transforming into a twisted, flaming pile of metal in his rearview mirror there were still tons of others who sure as hell didn't. Not to mention they had nearly a full minute to tell Hamlin, before he unplugged his radio (I just checked the footage).

Amateur hour, no excuses are going to change that. Hopefully they learned something though, so they can be better in the future should something similar happen again.

Edit - I just saw video taken from the stands, by a fan. They are literally screaming "Oh my God, the roof! The cage!" seconds after the hit, almost before the car even comes to a stop. So, yeah, no excuse what so ever for the team not instantly telling Hamlin about the severity of the crash.

There, I promise I'm done ranting about it now.
Yeah, no. Don't buy that bs for a second. At over 200 at that point on the track and with multiple cars between they CANNOT see that car behind. It's just not possible. And ZERO teams other than a few *******s and the media have said anything to blame the reaction of Hamlin and the team. Stop pretending this happened within feet of the actual race win. It didn't and it's utter bull and mis-informed or intentionally being an ass to claim otherwise.