Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jul 2004, 12:30 (Ref:1026648)   #151
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cg7aa
I saw the review on Motors TV too, it reminded me of the race review DVDs I've bought for the past few years - same commentator, music and duration. Hmmmm..
I thought that too, what with the 24 logo bottom left, I think what was broadcast on Motors is what you'll be forking out for in August. Still, I'll be buying it.

Last edited by jase; 5 Jul 2004 at 12:31.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:00 (Ref:1026684)   #152
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good coverage (esp of Group C historic - those guys really went for it! ).
Shame the commentary was about a scene behind the pictures. Ah well - now i'm obviously being spoilt if i can moan/ complain about such things
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:36 (Ref:1026725)   #153
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I guess I'll be buying it - just as I do every year, but I still yearn for the old Sportseen RLM vids with the RLM commentary. Added on commentary always sounds dreadful to me these days......
Same for me ! The added on commentary is so "fake" and tasteless (at least in french), even with the perfect Bruno Vandestick, who is one of the official speakers on the circuit...

The RML videos are longer (I have some), and the comments are so vivid !
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1026728)   #154
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilgrimage
Good coverage (esp of Group C historic - those guys really went for it! ).
It made me :
- sad, thinking the party is already over for 2004
- drool, thinking of the Le Mans Classic to come !
Old 6 Jul 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1028523)   #155
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
slightly off topic...but just been to the f1 in regent street event...in a working capacity honest. other than martin brundle - lame. those vettes at the drivers parade put on a better show! some of those f1 groupies need to see a prototype in action...
Old 7 Jul 2004, 04:23 (Ref:1028766)   #156
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
just been to the f1 in regent street event...in a working capacity honest. other than martin brundle - lame. those vettes at the drivers parade put on a better show! some of those f1 groupies need to see a prototype in action...
How is the attendance at Silverstone for the F1 GP ? It looks really weak in France...
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:02 (Ref:1028816)   #157
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
How is the attendance at Silverstone for the F1 GP ? It looks really weak in France...
I understand it is sold out, which means there will be somewhere in the region of 85,000 there on Sunday.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:17 (Ref:1028827)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another 85,000 brainwashed into believing that the F1 "experience" is worth paying that kind of money for.

By the way, can I just say now, well done Michael. Congratulations on your excellent win at Silverstone.

Right, that gets that out of the way. I can concentrate on far more important things now.......
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:19 (Ref:1028831)   #159
hooked
Rookie

England
Sussex, UK
hooked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked good on tv. A street race in London should have a great atmosphere!!!. How much would it cost? I am not a member, or know any, of the pall mall clubs! I would prorably try to go though.

As an aside is there a good source of previous years LM dvds?
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:25 (Ref:1028839)   #160
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.dukevideo.com
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1028843)   #161
hooked
Rookie

England
Sussex, UK
hooked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aysedasi
Duke video looking good, thank you
Old 7 Jul 2004, 09:07 (Ref:1028937)   #162
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Another 85,000 brainwashed into believing that the F1 "experience" is worth paying that kind of money for.
i've never been to a gp (which you may find surprising ayse )...the thought of 20 identical cars, making identical sound, going round and round one after another for 90 minutes, with the red one winning...sorry doesn't appeal.

when you think the best sounding car was the mercedes safety car...you know you're at the wrong event!
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1029181)   #163
Mr Willie
Rookie

Mr Willie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse, seeing as you're getting a bit cynical these days, why don't you go just step further and tell us who will win next year's F1 championship ?!
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1029208)   #164
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Do you really need me to say? If he hasn't retired, we all know the answer......

Yes, I fully accept that I have become very cynical indeed about F1 - but that's not just a recent thing, the feeling has been growing now for a number of years. And before anyone suggests otherwise, unlike Ker, I have been to Grand Prix - I was a regular at the British Grand Prix for several years, although that changed to Saturday practice when the entrance prices started going through the roof. In the end, I realised that it simply wasn't worth it. Queueing to get in as soon as the gates oppen - the dash to yuor favourite spot where you know you'll be wedged in for the rest of the day..... OK, a bit of artistic licence perhaps, but the powers-that-be in F1 have creamed the sport for cash for far too long and at least some people are beginning to realise that there is life beyond F1......

I've said enough here and in several other threads. If you love F1, well, good for you.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:59 (Ref:1029239)   #165
Mr Willie
Rookie

Mr Willie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldn't agree more- I stopped watching GPs before Bernie and Co. took over the circus. It was the seventies and there was always... er... a red Ferrari circulating at the front! Luckily sportscar racing was always there (just about).
If Ferrari is so brilliant and dominant why don't they try LMP...?
Old 7 Jul 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1029332)   #166
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
BTW, I'd like to see those wonderful 333 again... remember 1998/1999 ?