Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Apr 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2450794)   #1
Bartus
Rookie

Bartus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(How...)Can I join these Corvettes driving around the LM track?

Hithere, yes I am new here, no I am not a stranger to sportscars, yes I had a password before, no, I do not like cars that are or have been produced on an island...

Recently I imported a SSR from the States and this year I am taking this car to LM. Every year I see these Corvettes driving around the track before the race and I would like to join them....what can I do?

Bartus(who seems to be rather spoiled with traction control on European cars)
Old 27 Apr 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2450967)   #2
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartus View Post
Hithere, yes I am new here, no I am not a stranger to sportscars, yes I had a password before, no, I do not like cars that are or have been produced on an island...

Recently I imported a SSR from the States and this year I am taking this car to LM. Every year I see these Corvettes driving around the track before the race and I would like to join them....what can I do?

Bartus(who seems to be rather spoiled with traction control on European cars)
Well, I've seen a Renault 5, a Renault Twingo, a Peugeot 105, and a Vauxhall Vectra on the Le Mans circuit - that would be because its a public road.

If I was to answer you're question without being cynical, I'd suggest that you contact the ACO and a Vette Car Club.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2451014)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you wanna take part in the parade on Friday ??

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Apr 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2451028)   #4
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
you wanna take part in the parade on Friday ??
Maybe he wants to start the race?!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2451129)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ive seen a short wheel base landrover with a rover V8 heading through the Porsche curves .....

and a home made scooter going from the Porsche curves all the way to Tetre Rouge , I was on the back !!!
Old 28 Apr 2009, 06:41 (Ref:2451279)   #6
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SSR, what a horrible vehicle...
Old 28 Apr 2009, 06:53 (Ref:2451285)   #7
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I was offered the chance to do a few laps on Saturday morning by a car club - but you had to be ready for briefing at 6.30 am and they wanted £1,000 for the privelage -unfortunately I wasnt prepared to do either!!
Old 29 Apr 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2452102)   #8
Bartus
Rookie

Bartus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm...wat a nice bunch of smartasses here, first I get a point because my website is mentioned and than a load of crap with here and there, as an exception, a normal answer....

The suggestion to contact the Vette club however seems a good one, thanks for that and how should I do it?

Bartus(who thanks everybody for the very warm welcome)
Old 29 Apr 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2452160)   #9
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartus View Post
The suggestion to contact the Vette club however seems a good one, thanks for that and how should I do it?
Well, I guess you could do a google or yahoo search for French Corvette Club (or such like) and then either email, phone or write them a letter!

I know thats a smartarse answer, but it is rather obvious!
Old 29 Apr 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2452164)   #10
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome Bartus...

I believe some of the recent Corvette entries in the Drivers Parade and pre-race were from a trip of American owners. Googling up "Bad Boy Vettes" should find the American fan site for Corvette Racing.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2452221)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Are the corvettes doing laps this year? I think that there was a reason for them being on the track in the past few years, 30 years since something or other or large sponsership from GM, but I doubt that is true this year.