Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Feb 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2635898)   #1
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
wkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Club Arnage Wiki to the 24h of Le Mans launched!

Hi all,
Most of you already know that Club Arnage (CA) publishes an annual free guide to the 24h of Le Mans, the last editions can still be downloaded at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/download.html.
In the past there were not only CA members who contributed to this guide, but also many people from other LM-related forums like Ten-Tenths, Pistonheads and Beermountain, and many of you supplied valuable information and pictures.
All this information was merged manually into Word documents by me, forwarded then to a proofreader – meanwhile new information came up … , so I had to merge it again, send it out for proofreading again , meanwhile I had a beer or 2 or 3 and some files got lost – and so on – you can imagine that this was not very easy to co-ordinate and a very error-prone procedure.
To make the editing process easier, we will try a new approach for the 2010 Guide. We have installed a Club Arnage Le Mans Wiki at www.clubarnage.com/wiki - enabling anybody to edit the guide directly. About 2 weeks prior to the race I will take the contents from the Wiki and generate the annual CA Guide to the 24h of Le Mans ready for download from it – that’s the plan.
To edit the Wiki, you need to become a CA member first, a painless procedure which takes just a few minutes. However, If you don’t want to become a CA member or you don’t feel comfortable editing this Wiki by yourself, you are still welcome to send your contributions and suggestions by email to president@lemanszone.de - I will take care of it.
I hope I have encouraged you to share your know-how with all the other Le Mans fans.
Cheers
Werner Kirchmann - CA wiki housekeeping department
Old 19 Feb 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2636475)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What an excellent idea.

I'm conscious of the fact that we're normally very wary here of advertising other sites and forums, but we all know how invaluable the CA guide is each year and the opportunity for members here (many of whom I'm sure are members at CA as well anyway) to play a part in the production of the guide is really too good to miss. So I don't particularly want to encourage lengthy discussion about it here folks - just go along - when you're done here of course (!) and see what you can contribute. I'm hoping my fellow mods and admins are happy with this.