Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2712727)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LMP1 Petrol: Oreca beats Aston Martin

In the end it was the Petrol Oreca. Which was nice after their Pug died.

Through the race though it looked like it was always going to be Aston. Although there wasn't much reliability this year; only five finishers.

Maybe it wasn't quite the same, but it mirrored the diesel battle. The fastest fell and the one with the best reliability came through.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2712755)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I was surprised at speed in quali , and I then suspected that it was going to be reliable , and look what happened .

Call it what you will , but it goes down in the history books that was best petrol car on the day , and they deserved it in my opinion .
Old 15 Jun 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2712766)   #3
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was surprised the Oreca made it to the end the way Ayari was smashing it into anything that moved.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2712779)   #4
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Meyrick lost it under braking on some fluid at Arnage in the late evening and nosed it straight into the barriers like Lotterer would later. Didn't even damage the splitter at all; the Oreca 01 is a tough car to come out better than an Audi!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2712860)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Call it what you will , but it goes down in the history books that was best petrol car on the day , and they deserved it in my opinion .
Agreed, it was good to see.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2713189)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of much more significance to me, Strakka beat all the other petrol P1 cars other than Oreca - and were only two laps down on them at the end. A stunning performance - the only category in which the car that dominated actually won the race.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 05:09 (Ref:2713507)   #7
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Of much more significance to me, Strakka beat all the other petrol P1 cars other than Oreca - and were only two laps down on them at the end. A stunning performance - the only category in which the car that dominated actually won the race.
Well, it is what this race showed best - Dominance is nothing without reliability !
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2713536)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely so, and in all my years at Le Mans, I don't think I've ever seen that demonstrated quite so effectively as this year!
Old 20 Jun 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2715278)   #9
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The P1 class was a right mess this year. The cars were jumping up and down on the rankings and I really didn't know who would end up at the top in the Pug / Audi fest.

The Kolles R10s were never really there, while the Orecas, Rebellions, Astons, kept see-sawing all over the place and then some eventually fell over and broke.