Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Mar 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4103989)   #176
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I believe the new for this year bleachers on drivers left are GA grandstands and should provide excellent viewing traffic coming into 17 and the bridge albeit not as up close as you would like.
Pffft now you tell me!

Mind you I have >7000 photos to sort through from the weekend so I can forgive myself missing one angle, however iconic. It’s also a long walk round there and in 32C heat I was not as willing as usual to nose around possible dead ends.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4104020)   #177
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Pffft now you tell me!

Mind you I have >7000 photos to sort through from the weekend so I can forgive myself missing one angle, however iconic. It’s also a long walk round there and in 32C heat I was not as willing as usual to nose around possible dead ends.

Welcome anytime! But you must not have been receiving the SIR newsletters (or not bothered with reading them perhaps) as it was pointed out clearly where and what. Anyways, I figured folks that enter the facility at Gate 4 would wanna check it out as it's right there. Put it on your list for next year I'd say!
Old 3 Apr 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4105223)   #178
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
4,600 photos edited down to an album of just under 800! https://bit.ly/3NDu0Pn

There are more than 50 different shots here, from every angle I could find except that T17 bleacher that I learned of after I got home! Lots of backgrounds of fan contructions, the hotel, the airport, the trees on the top stretch, some glowing brake disks. The best car closeups are from the bridge, one of the only places it's possible to get some elevation above the track.

The first block just over a page on the Flickr album) is final practice and qualifying from the Hairpin on Friday. The rest is the race on Saturday.

One thing you can't see from these how brutally hot it was, especially for a pasty Brit! Sebring is awesome, but isn't a trip to be taken lightly. Next year I plan to do Petit Le Mans instead, unless my lottery numbers come up!

Hope you enjoy .
Old 3 Apr 2022, 21:40 (Ref:4105265)   #179
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
4,600 photos edited down to an album of just under 800! https://bit.ly/3NDu0Pn

There are more than 50 different shots here, from every angle I could find except that T17 bleacher that I learned of after I got home! Lots of backgrounds of fan contructions, the hotel, the airport, the trees on the top stretch, some glowing brake disks. The best car closeups are from the bridge, one of the only places it's possible to get some elevation above the track.

The first block just over a page on the Flickr album) is final practice and qualifying from the Hairpin on Friday. The rest is the race on Saturday.

One thing you can't see from these how brutally hot it was, especially for a pasty Brit! Sebring is awesome, but isn't a trip to be taken lightly. Next year I plan to do Petit Le Mans instead, unless my lottery numbers come up!

Hope you enjoy .
Ill have a look at presumably awesome and entertaining pics as soon as possible. Regarding the weather, yes, Sebring can be hot especially for those not accustomed it, my suggestion would be to arrive a few days early, preferably the weekend prior to race week and get used to it. There's plenty to do in central and south-central Florida.

One has to wonder how all those folks in Miami will do early next month...

Keep in mind Petit can be hot too - just less likely than Sebring but nevertheless. Again, give yourself ample time to get used to the different weather conditions and come early.

Old 4 Apr 2022, 01:28 (Ref:4105270)   #180
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Keep in mind Petit can be hot too - just less likely than Sebring but nevertheless. Again, give yourself ample time to get used to the different weather conditions and come early.

It kind of depends upon your definition of hot. Sebring in mid-March is indeed on average hotter than Braselton, GA in early October (80°F vs 78°F). You’re also a lot more likely to get a really hot day (say 90°F+) in Sebring in mid-March that Braselton in early October.

The other thing is the sun is more intense in Florida (higher in the sky), and because Sebring is in March, people haven’t had a chance yet to acclimatized to hot weather yet.
Old 5 Apr 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4105399)   #181
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
It kind of depends upon your definition of hot. Sebring in mid-March is indeed on average hotter than Braselton, GA in early October (80°F vs 78°F). You’re also a lot more likely to get a really hot day (say 90°F+) in Sebring in mid-March that Braselton in early October.

The other thing is the sun is more intense in Florida (higher in the sky), and because Sebring is in March, people haven’t had a chance yet to acclimatized to hot weather yet.
Last time Petit was the last week of Sept it was 90 until Wednesday when it finally dropped to low 80s. And the sun is still quite bright and high in Georgia
Old 5 Apr 2022, 20:43 (Ref:4105453)   #182
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
I didn't mean to spark a weather chat !

I'll plan to do Petit Le Mans rather than Sebring next year, but that's not a weather-related choice, it's because neither my bank balance nor my holiday allowance are unlimited so I can't do everything. Both those trips are expensive and burn 3 days of annual leave so I have to pick one or the other. I don't mind if it shines, freezes or pours .

Anyway as I accidentally bumped my own post off the page, here's those photos again https://bit.ly/3NDu0Pn!
Old 19 Apr 2022, 07:24 (Ref:4107228)   #183
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Pictures from the Friday WEC race: https://bit.ly/3KYukX1

Not quite into-the-dusk as the race was slightly truncated and tbh I had bailed out at the second red flag, having seen lightning on the horizon and guessing correctly that this would mean the end of racing.

Still, some nice long-shadow angles and a couple of shots from places I couldn't get to on Saturday. And lots from the back stretch with the trees in the background, my favourite Sebring vista.

Enjoy!