Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 May 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4112051)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The old gt's will still be around for a while in lower division races and of course the classic ones, the electric GT's races will have to compete for spectators. So if people do not want to watch them go silently round in circles they can vote with thier feet, and if no one is interested they will faid away a bit like formula e which is struggling to get people to pay to watch them
Old 30 May 2022, 20:25 (Ref:4112134)   #52
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The old gt's will still be around for a while in lower division races and of course the classic ones, the electric GT's races will have to compete for spectators. So if people do not want to watch them go silently round in circles they can vote with thier feet, and if no one is interested they will faid away a bit like formula e which is struggling to get people to pay to watch them
The only certainty is the uncertainty of it all.

I do think we are probably on the tail end of one of the golden era's of racing. We are likely headed to a very uneasy time for the sport..
Old 30 May 2022, 22:34 (Ref:4112151)   #53
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I think theres a certain inevitability of electric of hydrogen taking over as some point soon, especially seeing as petrol and diesel are going to be outlawed soon enough in large parts of Europe.

Doesnt mean I like it, I'd much much much prefer keeping the glorious engine and run some kind of bio fuel. I guess thats the only real way out of electric for GT....

that's the plan... then it comes reality... probably european countries will need to come back to coal for their energetic sustainability...
anyway, I'm afraid we are a little too much ahead of time to see some usual sprint races for e-GT cars... just look at ETCR and their 7-8 laps a round.
DTM was cooperating with schaeffler for the production of an electric engine + quickswap batteries for 2023/24 electric dtm prototypes, but I'm of the idea that everything was dropped now that GT3 DTM seems to be a valuable series.
Old 31 May 2022, 12:19 (Ref:4112205)   #54
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
that's the plan... then it comes reality... probably european countries will need to come back to coal for their energetic sustainability...
anyway, I'm afraid we are a little too much ahead of time to see some usual sprint races for e-GT cars... just look at ETCR and their 7-8 laps a round.
DTM was cooperating with schaeffler for the production of an electric engine + quickswap batteries for 2023/24 electric dtm prototypes, but I'm of the idea that everything was dropped now that GT3 DTM seems to be a valuable series.
I think e-GT will happen for sure, but any timeline that has been put forward so far is completely unrealistic.

I think we are nearer to a decade out from it happening in a real way, but that wont stop manufacturers easing their interest in internal combustion based sportscar racing in the meantime
Old 31 May 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4112219)   #55
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
As far as I understand it, DTM is still working on the electric DTM, however, don't know the details. Also something I can't figure out is if this is planned to be a support series or a new era of the "main" DTM series.

Anyway, Berger's approach of making electric DTM much more powerful and "extreme" is the right one - FE hardly arouses any emotions. Electric racing will be hated in the beginning for lack of sound and so on but the idea to make it very "rough" could make it better.
Old 31 May 2022, 15:05 (Ref:4112251)   #56
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I think e-GT will happen for sure, but any timeline that has been put forward so far is completely unrealistic.

I think we are nearer to a decade out from it happening in a real way, but that wont stop manufacturers easing their interest in internal combustion based sportscar racing in the meantime

Yes that's the biggest issue, to release statements is easier than actually to deal with reality. Not to mention how ICE/electric automotive production is getting through a really bad time due chips shortage.
Btw talked with a lot of engineers during last years, all of theem agreed that isn't electric technology to use on electric cars the real issue, but the whole environment around.