Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Aug 2022, 09:48 (Ref:4122926)   #126
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
René Rast is leaving Audi
https://gt-place.com/2022/08/16/rene...on-audi-sport/
Old 16 Aug 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4122940)   #127
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Another victim of Audi telling Audi Sport to shelve the LMDH/GTP program. I'll bet that Dr. Ullrich and others are glad that they got out from Audi Sport when they did with the corporate meddling that Audi have been doing with Audi Sport in recent times.
Old 16 Aug 2022, 14:19 (Ref:4122959)   #128
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Antonio Felix Da Costa was unveiled as a Porsche FE driver today.

Surely he's only a few steps away from being in a 963 in some capacity. Jota Hertz would still be my guess.
That would be logical, although if there are any clashes, I assume FE would take priority. It's interesting to note that he's essentially taken Lotterer's place in Porsche's FE team, as the latter comes back to sportscars with Penske.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
It begins. it seems like his McLaren FE seat is first and foremost, so any sportscar offers will have to take that into account.

I assume he won't be the last driver to leave Audi in the coming weeks, although the WRT-aligned drivers may be keeping quiet for a bit longer.
Old 16 Aug 2022, 17:11 (Ref:4122974)   #129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
That would be logical, although if there are any clashes, I assume FE would take priority. It's interesting to note that he's essentially taken Lotterer's place in Porsche's FE team, as the latter comes back to sportscars with Penske.
Although I seem to recall Lotterer saying somewhere that he hoped to continue with FE......
Old 16 Aug 2022, 19:59 (Ref:4122982)   #130
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Although I seem to recall Lotterer saying somewhere that he hoped to continue with FE......
He did, but Lotterer's not been amazing in FE while Da Costa has a title to his name. It's not hard to see why Porsche would prefer Da Costa in FE.

I reckon Lotterer will still have an FE drive next season, he's got as much experience as you could want.
Old 19 Aug 2022, 06:50 (Ref:4123149)   #131
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems the Da Costa at Jota story is not a done deal yet.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ypercar-drive/
Old 22 Aug 2022, 07:23 (Ref:4123408)   #132
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rast to BMW. No details on programmes yet but I'd guess by 2024 he'll be in the LMDh.

https://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/to...ouncement.html
Old 24 Aug 2022, 12:48 (Ref:4123574)   #133
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe as soon as 2023, at least for some of the enduros?

https://racer.com/2022/08/23/mclaren...mula-e-driver/
Old 24 Aug 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4123582)   #134
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Maybe as soon as 2023, at least for some of the enduros?

https://racer.com/2022/08/23/mclaren...mula-e-driver/
Really this is just par for the course these days. McLaren only signs drivers that already have contracts with someone else.
Old 25 Aug 2022, 16:57 (Ref:4123670)   #135
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"It's the only racing I'm interested in."

Doesn't sound like Daniel Ricciardo has any thoughts about doing anything other than F1 right now. Let's see if and how that changes depending on if he can get a seat on the grid next year.
Old 26 Aug 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4123760)   #136
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a depressing & insular point of view..... I had hoped we'd see the end of that type of thinking.....
Old 28 Aug 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4124015)   #137
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
"It's the only racing I'm interested in."

Doesn't sound like Daniel Ricciardo has any thoughts about doing anything other than F1 right now. Let's see if and how that changes depending on if he can get a seat on the grid next year.
I doubt we sill see him racing much in the future. Maybe in something like Extreme E or rallycross.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 19:47 (Ref:4124343)   #138
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tom Blomqvist stays with MSR for 2023

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...nk-racing.html
Old 30 Aug 2022, 20:48 (Ref:4124346)   #139
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Tom Blomqvist stays with MSR for 2023

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...nk-racing.html
They had to lock him up. I'm not 100% sure but I think he might be the best driver Acura have right now.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4124352)   #140
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
They had to lock him up. I'm not 100% sure but I think he might be the best driver Acura have right now.
Felipe Albuquerque says hi.

I'd say that of the current Acura drivers raw pace, Blomqvist = Albuquerque > Jarvis > Taylor. But the (lack of) race craft from both MSR drivers has been shocking this season, they've both been mugged on multiple occasions, almost always by Albuquerque too. It's not as if Blomqvist isn't capable of good racing, he was fine at Jota last season.

Good for him though, he has been an underrated driver for too long.
Old 3 Sep 2022, 05:28 (Ref:4124646)   #141
Mike E
Veteran

Not wasting any time, Rene Rast has already driven the BMW.

So have Connor De Phillippi, Sheldon van der Linde, Augusto Farfus, Nick Yelloly, Marco Wittmann, Philipp Eng, Dan Harper, Neil Verhagen and Max Hesse. I am expecting my call up any day now.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...car-at-aragon/
Old 3 Sep 2022, 06:38 (Ref:4124654)   #142
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
The young driver trio BMW have (Harper/Hesse/Verhagen) have been mightily impressive. I'd like to see them all in LMDH, in the same car.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4125091)   #143
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
E-I saying Nico Muller to Peugeot is a possibility next year - https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...ugeot-9x8-2023
Old 6 Sep 2022, 13:10 (Ref:4125118)   #144
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
E-I saying Nico Muller to Peugeot is a possibility next year - https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...ugeot-9x8-2023
The article is paywalled so I can't read it.

I think it is not that strange that all those that were lining up an Audi LMDh drive are looking elsewhere.
They won't all fit in at WRT/BMW, so some will have to look elsewhere if they really see WEB/LM/LMDh/Hypercar as their future.

Apart from Müller and Rast, I'm thinking of Frijns and possibly D. Vanthoor.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 18:29 (Ref:4126162)   #145
Mike E
Veteran

Will Stevens leaves WTR and has a top level drive lined up for next year. JOTA Porsche?

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ured-for-2023/
Old 3 Oct 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4128532)   #146
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ganassi had announced their driver's for Le Mans and it includes Richard Westbrook, Earl Bamber, and Alex Lynn.

Guess that means Glick will need a new driver
Old 7 Oct 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4129007)   #147
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...3-fia-wec.html

Jarvis-Blomqvist-Pierson for United's #23 P2 entry. Exceptional drivers line-up for a non-Pro class. No way in hell a bronze driver line up is gonna beat entries like this (and no wonder therefor those drivers are likely at ELMS and IMSA).
Old 7 Oct 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4129034)   #148
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
https://racer.com/2022/10/07/corvett...olve-for-2023/

Quite a bit in here. A single Pro Vette expected. Tandy to Porsche.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 07:25 (Ref:4129140)   #149
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...3-fia-wec.html

Jarvis-Blomqvist-Pierson for United's #23 P2 entry. Exceptional drivers line-up for a non-Pro class. No way in hell a bronze driver line up is gonna beat entries like this (and no wonder therefor those drivers are likely at ELMS and IMSA).
At this point UA should sign Ricky Taylor and complete the Acura love-in.

Quote:
https://racer.com/2022/10/07/corvett...olve-for-2023/

Quite a bit in here. A single Pro Vette expected. Tandy to Porsche.
That makes sense, it never seemed logical to let Tandy leave Porsche just when they were committing to prototypes again.
Old 26 Oct 2022, 14:53 (Ref:4131533)   #150
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Maxime Martin returns to BMW:

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...r-in-2023.html

Don't know which series he will be racing in exactly, but great news.