Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Dec 2002, 13:17 (Ref:442545)   #51
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stoffer Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Ayse
How are we going to able to get back to that spot on the outside of the Porsche curves? I guess that there will quite a lot of walking involved, perhaps we need to do a recce early on in the week during practice, but will you be free?
Old 4 Dec 2002, 13:19 (Ref:442548)   #52
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still on the edge, or free-falling already??
Old 4 Dec 2002, 13:33 (Ref:442560)   #53
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse, I didn't realise there was a viewing enclosure at the Porsche curves, short of sitting on top of the Alain Prost carting building. Although it's a while since I've strayed that far up the track I've normally come to a full stop at the end of the MB site. Please expand...
H
Old 4 Dec 2002, 13:36 (Ref:442562)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First of all, Hi there Stoffer. Long time no see - sorry I missed the meet the other day. A sad case of the 'flu, I'm afraid.

I certainly hope to get back to the Porsche Curves next June but I'm not entirely sure I will remember how to get there (as I didn't drive!). I seem to recall being told a few months before LM02 that you could actually walk to the enclosure (which is not far away from the road) from the back of the grandstands. I guess it would take you about 20--25 minutes?

I certainly like the idea of getting over for practice, but the reality is that I doubt that I will be able to make it. Perhaps we could get Fab to recce it for us?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 4 Dec 2002 at 13:38.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 18:09 (Ref:442695)   #55
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think bigh is getting confused with the inside of the track a little further on from where ayse was standing. ayse seems to have been in the enclosure facing the cars as they come up from arnage...bigh is on the squiggle near alain prost karting.

you can also walk to where ayse was from inside the circuit. just head in that direction past all the hospo then campsites till you reach the bridge under the circuit on the road to arnage...then hook left.

i shot there at pq and the marshalls only let you cross the run-off road(in reality the road back to arnage)when theres no cars coming from arnage corner. the time i crossed a car appeared off in the distance...but i still hopped it pretty sharpish...the thought of one of those bearing down on you at 200mph can do wonders for your 100 metres time!
Old 4 Dec 2002, 18:36 (Ref:442708)   #56
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm, see what you mean kdr. I guess it's a long s-bend from arnage, straightening out as it gets to MB. I used to run around the circuit on the Friday morning, and I often thought that the second rh curve would be a good spot to spectate from, the verge and concrete wall always showed signs of a lot of action from Thursday, but I was never able to get access, I still don't think you can.
H
Old 4 Dec 2002, 19:46 (Ref:442754)   #57
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
For me, the success came right at the end of the Le Mans Classic when Stoffer, Willie and I finally found the viewing enclosure at the Porsche Curves. There's still some intrusive fencing there, but there is a point at which the photographer can get a clean broadside shot or two. I should imagine it would be an excellent place to view proceedings during the night.
I must admit that is also a favourite spot of mind - I was taken there by an old hand this year about 7.30 in the morning and it was one of the highlights for me. Another good spot is Terte Rouge about midnight. I am going to make my first visit to Arange next year and I must also visit the Mulsanne as well next year.............
Old 4 Dec 2002, 19:51 (Ref:442756)   #58
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bigh
Ayse, I didn't realise there was a viewing enclosure at the Porsche curves, short of sitting on top of the Alain Prost carting building. Although it's a while since I've strayed that far up the track I've normally come to a full stop at the end of the MB site. Please expand...
H
It is quite easy to get to, it is about 10 mins walk from the Masion Blanche entrance, walk up the old track to a cross roads, you have to and it is right in front of you.In fact if watch coverage of the race on TV the camara at the enterence to Porsche Curves is situated there, so u might get on the TV................

Last edited by rdjones; 4 Dec 2002 at 19:52.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 22:13 (Ref:442866)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I must admit that is also a favourite spot of mind - I was taken there by an old hand this year about 7.30 in the morning and it was one of the highlights for me. Another good spot is Terte Rouge about midnight. I am going to make my first visit to Arange next year and I must also visit the Mulsanne as well next year.............
Whatever happesn, we must arrange to meet this year. I'm sure we can get this organised a little better for 2003.
Old 4 Dec 2002, 22:25 (Ref:442884)   #60
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Whatever happesn, we must arrange to meet this year. I'm sure we can get this organised a little better for 2003.
I think we need to start planning it now, just name the time and the place..............
Old 5 Dec 2002, 07:06 (Ref:443080)   #61
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have always liked the spot on the outside of the Porsche Curves. But it has been spoiled for the last year or two with a huge floodlight which ruins the effect at night.

There is also a good spot right at the bottom end of the maison blanche campsite.

I have never though found my way to the inside of the track at this points and would welcome someone directions as to how to get there.

Inside the trees at Tetre Rouge is for me now possibly the best spot at night as there is nowhere you can get so close to the cars. It is also good on the outside at the same point just as you come out of the pedestrian tunnel.
Old 5 Dec 2002, 15:53 (Ref:443409)   #62
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Perhaps we could get Fab to recce it for us?
Hey sure, by all means ! But you won't believe it, I know how to go there but never succeded to park and go in... We tried at LM Classic with FG, but didn't find the pedestrians' gate...

I'd really like to watch the race here an hour... seems to be a nice spot...

Rdjones : where could we meet for real this time ? The main problem is the crowd...

BTW, who's coming to PQ the 4th of May ? Less people, more chances to meet !
Old 5 Dec 2002, 21:31 (Ref:443683)   #63
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Rdjones : where could we meet for real this time ? The main problem is the crowd...
Hopefully, It would be nice to meet as many of you as I can - I think we need one big meet where we can all get together for a or 2.............
Old 6 Dec 2002, 08:37 (Ref:443973)   #64
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Absolutely, and during the race weekend for those us only able to make Saturday and Sunday.
Old 6 Dec 2002, 11:35 (Ref:444076)   #65
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And I WILL be there.... no matter what it takes!
Old 6 Dec 2002, 11:38 (Ref:444079)   #66
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
And I WILL be there.... no matter what it takes!
Have you booked yet?, Camping permits are like hens teeth unless you book a package from a tour company.
Old 6 Dec 2002, 11:41 (Ref:444080)   #67
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Relying on the Uni trip at the moment, if that falls through i guess i'll have to sleep at the circuit....or something, anything really!
Old 6 Dec 2002, 13:10 (Ref:444146)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Relying on the Uni trip at the moment, if that falls through i guess i'll have to sleep at the circuit....or something, anything really!

I still don't understand all these people who feel the need to sleep during the 24 Hours........
Old 6 Dec 2002, 15:19 (Ref:444279)   #69
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
You know what I mean! Before and after the race!
Old 8 Dec 2002, 19:36 (Ref:445749)   #70
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
You better there or there will be trouble...............
Old 17 Dec 2002, 08:39 (Ref:451664)   #71
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
I still don't understand all these people who feel the need to sleep during the 24 Hours........
You're right ! Let's all meet (the 220 000 people !) at the top of the Welcome during the night !
Old 17 Dec 2002, 10:26 (Ref:451702)   #72
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
fab...we met there last year, thats why ayse couldn't get up there remember?

oops...let the cat out the bag!
Old 17 Dec 2002, 14:02 (Ref:451839)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
fab...we met there last year, thats why ayse couldn't get up there remember?

oops...let the cat out the bag!

Tell me more about this cat you two!