Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jul 2003, 21:09 (Ref:660222)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#23 BMS Ferrari 550 - Excluded from Donnington result!

SOURCE:WWW.FIAGT.COM

Further to the engine checks which took place in the week after the Donington round of the FIA GT Championship, the race-winning nr 23 BMS Scuderia Italia Ferrari 550 Maranello was excluded from the results by the Stewards of the Meeting, due to an engine problem. The team has appealed and a hearing of the International Court of Appeal will take place on Tuesday, July 15th at the FIA Salle des Commités in Paris.

ENDS:/

I wonder what the problem is, the BMS team has had a few run-ins with the FIA already this year. Shame to see them excluded.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 23:15 (Ref:660316)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Not a shame at all if they tampered withthe seals on the engine (as seems to have been the case on at least two of the three cars). Rules are rules and they got caught.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 23:36 (Ref:660328)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even if they hadn't tampered with the seals (ie they got damaged/detatched/whatever) they'd have to be excluded.
If you fiddle with th seals you effectively bypass the restirctors to an extent, and could gain a hge advantafe.
Theyr's no way of probing whether they tampered with rte seals or not.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 23:37 (Ref:660329)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OMG! What's up with m,y tyoing tonite!
Old 13 Jul 2003, 23:38 (Ref:660330)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Old 13 Jul 2003, 23:50 (Ref:660335)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree Graham and Pirenzo. But as u can see the report is rather vauge. And I did ask "I wonder what the problem is" although I didnt put a question mark. But yes I do think it is a shame, one thing I dont understand though if they are clearly in the wrong why are they bothering to appeal against the decision? Do they think the FIA is stupid or something? Maybe its not as clear cut as it seems..(im hoping).
Old 15 Jul 2003, 18:52 (Ref:662121)   #7
fabvt
Rookie

fabvt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following a Belgian daily newspaper, the 550's could consequently not appear in Spa if the decision is confirmed by the appeal the entered at the FIA Sport Court.

Spa-Francorchamps, the world's most beautiful track !
Old 15 Jul 2003, 19:05 (Ref:662136)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Hmm Ive never heard of this rule before. Cars have been excluded from results before now, but always allowed to race at the following event.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 19:15 (Ref:662156)   #9
fabvt
Rookie

fabvt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I meant that the team could decide not to come to Spa because they consider this decision is not correct.

My English is quite rusty those days ;-)

Spa-Francorchamps, the world's most beautiful track !
Old 15 Jul 2003, 19:59 (Ref:662206)   #10
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow, that would be huge if the 3 Care ferraris dont go to Spa. they would probably end up loosing the championship, since that race gives 2 or 3 times the normal amount of points. Thats how Larbre Won the championship last year.

But that would be fine with me, give the saleens a better chance unless they DNF

Last edited by 19dodge; 15 Jul 2003 at 20:00.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 21:20 (Ref:662302)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
The race has on offer double points. I would be very suprised though if the BMS team do not turn up to the Spa 24hrs. With the points being excluded from Donnington they could do with a win at Spa to further secure their points lead.

True Labre won the championship because of this race last year, but then coming into the Spa 24hrs this time last year nobody had a commanding lead like the #23 BMS Ferrari 550 does this year. I too hope that the Saleen's do have a great race and win. But I have to ask now what the chances are of that happening, now that Guonon has gone for Konrad and Van De Pole is there to replace him. Van De Pole is a great driver but hes got no Saleen experince, so we will have to wait and see how he gets on.

Still hopefully it will be a Saleen win, but my head tells me it will be a Ferrari, with the #5 Force One Viper having a outside chance.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 22:45 (Ref:662362)   #12
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its not offical that Gounon left the Konrad team for BMS. it still has his name on the entry list. Eric is a great driver, and it would be perfect if they both would be in the car. If BMS doenst go to Spa, Jean-Marc would for sure be in the Saleen. does anyone know when there will be an updated entry list?
Old 16 Jul 2003, 05:38 (Ref:662493)   #13
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Refresh my memory , did that Ferrari win? If so does that mean the Zwaans are winners or are they still excluded?
Old 16 Jul 2003, 06:26 (Ref:662503)   #14
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
the #21 Ferrari now wins - Zwaans are still excluded

Last edited by Graham Goodwin; 16 Jul 2003 at 06:27.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 08:08 (Ref:662566)   #15
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still nothing on the site about the result of the appeal!! Has anyone heard anything??
Old 16 Jul 2003, 15:24 (Ref:662927)   #16
dinkytoy
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
dinkytoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It might take some longer till tomorrow as if the Zwaan's wins the appeal, they will be the winner of the race if the BMS is excluded, so this might be interesting to see what happens.

Both cars were disqualified from the Donnington race on real
technical irragularities.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 21:04 (Ref:663306)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by jpchenet
Still nothing on the site about the result of the appeal!! Has anyone heard anything??
I just found this article today. http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...&language_id=1 Explains why we havent heard anything as of yet, either regarding the #23 BMS Ferrari 550 or the Zwanns Racing Viper.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:05 (Ref:663925)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SOURCE:WWW.FIAGT.COM

The International Court of Appeal met in Paris on Tuesday, to examine the appeal on behalf of BMS Scuderia Italia, which had been excluded from the results of the Donington round of the FIA GT Championship.

Having heard the explanations of the parties and examined the various documents and other evidence, the Court annulled the decision of the Stewards and reinstated nr 23 BMS Scuderia Italia in the classification.

The Court also examined the appeal concerning the nr 18 Zwaan's Racing Chrysler Viper, which has also been excluded from the results.

Having heard the explanations of the parties and examined the various documents, the Court upheld the decisions of the Stewards.

ENDS:/

Great to see that the #23 BMS Scuderia Italia car has been reinstated. As I said before I didnt think the situation was as cut and dry as some of us here have thought. Good to see that the rightful winners have been reinstated.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:24 (Ref:663944)   #19
dinkytoy
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
dinkytoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMS in, Zwaan's out is the verdict of the FIA Court of Appeal, but the technical irregularities were about the same.
Zwaan's put a diff cooler / fueltank cooler complete with fan in their enige compartment, with the exit through the rearwindow. (all done after initial scrutineering).

The BMS had fitted their drysumpsystem in such a way (cut some material from the original sump) they had to ADD material to their engine which is not allowed according the regulations. So I don't see the difference in bending the rules.....