Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 2009, 17:54 (Ref:2478534)   #26
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let Peugeot Sport Technical director explain :

''We have paid special attention to aerodynamics too. The regulations dictate a smaller rear wing, the width of which has come down from 2 to 1.6 metres. We have consequently had to revise the overall package in order to rebalance the car by reducing front downforce. This explains the new front-end bodywork we will be running for the first time at Le Mans.

I read this on Autosport last week, no mention of the rubber build up in the report, however he does mention the smaller air restrictor, extra 30 Kgs of ballast and aircon along with the narrower fuel filler pipe for this year.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2478605)   #27
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
???? It looks as a pure improvization.

Does this concern the three cars, or is it an expe for wednesday ?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2478631)   #28
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The three cars have the same modification, you can see there:
- n° 8 and 9 : http://www.pitlane-vision.com/index....tte&Itemid=119
-n° 7 : http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...?page=148&np=1
Old 9 Jun 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2478675)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The livery of the Ginetta-Zytek is booooring.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2478686)   #30
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The livery of the Ginetta-Zytek is booooring.
I find it pretty nice!.
The bright orange is really going to look good Saturday just after the start, down the Mulsanne Straight!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2478698)   #31
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FP tomorrow...can't believe it's been a year since last year

I remember going to bad Thursday night extremely worried after Noda's crash. I really had a bad feeling for the race after the string of crashes we had last year. Thankfully apart from Fassler's crash, we got away with it. Hopefully we'll get away with it again this week

I hope we have a few upsets. The last couple of years have seen them, with #2 going out 2 years ago and Peugeot have problems last year. I hope this year we get a non-works diesel overall winner (i.e. anyone but 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 or 9), a non-Porsche win in LMP2, the works Corvettes somehow losing in GT1, and someone different in GT2

However, my more pessimistic head is expecting another comfortable Audi overall win, the petrol cars nowhere, Essex winning LMP2, Corvette taking a 1-2-3 in GT1 and Risi or IMSA winning GT2. I'm not expecting a classic like last year, unfortunately

But it should be good fun anyway. Can't stay up for the whole race (not that I would want to try it again after a miserable failure last year) but LM is probably my favourite individual motor racing event of the year. Always fascinating to see the story developing from the entry list coming together through to the end of the race. The only downside is when you're awake at about 8 o'clock, absolutely knackered, not much happening on track and there's still over a quarter of the race to go. But good fun all the same
Old 9 Jun 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2478706)   #32
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I find it pretty nice!.
The bright orange is really going to look good Saturday just after the start, down the Mulsanne Straight!
Second that, calling that boring is like calling last years all white Dome the same, will look stunning day or night in the race. The (almost) total absence of sponsor logos is certainly brave in this day and age though, someone must have very deep pockets!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2478718)   #33
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it is a (pure) works entry, per se. As even the driver lineup punches the clock, so to speak, at Ginetta.

L.P.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2478780)   #34
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I find it pretty nice!.
Very good point. It won't go unnoticed throughout the night!
I'm a fan of orange.

Perhaps some sponsorship will be put on during the week or is it confirmed they have none, or too late to add anything?
Old 10 Jun 2009, 03:49 (Ref:2478864)   #35
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
LM is probably my favourite individual motor racing event of the year.
There are other motor races during the year, but, surely, LM is the only EVENT
Old 10 Jun 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2478912)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I guess we're viewing it from a forum and a position where most of us fervently believe (know) that, but there are still plenty of people out there yet to experience the magic of Le Mans.....
Old 10 Jun 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2478935)   #37
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Version 2 of the Le Mans Spotter Guide is now up on www.spotterguides.com Lots of updates....
Old 10 Jun 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2479044)   #38
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DSC has posted the team presentation photos. It's amazing the contrast in size of teams in these photos. Audi, Peugeot and some others have tons of crew but then there are some P2 teams with maybe about 10 or little more than that on the crew.

IMSA Matmut was missing 2 drivers but they don't seem to be in the Felbermayr photo. Of course, I don't know what the Horsts look like.
The JMW Dunlop Ferrari looks quite good. First time I saw it apart from the draw-ups shown a few weeks ago.
And Dempsey couldn't stop himself from making a pose!

DSC also has a story about Dempsey's first appearance at scrutineering. The crowd mobbed around him and all but forgot about the Peugeot guys on the podium! hah Anyone know if Steve McQueen got a similar welcome to the track back in the 70s?
No matter what you think about Dempsey coming over, it does bring over some extra media.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2479071)   #39
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
TheKimme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't Wait! Cool that Eurosport is broadcasting the practice today I Must admit that i think the Essex livery is ugly. i liked the blue one last year but this one i ugly! Anyone who knows if its possible to record a livestream onto your harddrive?
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2479101)   #40
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
J.J.S.S.Express should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some pictures

Hi everybody !

I post some pics of yesterday. Bruno Senna dedicate me my Ayrton's Helmet. It's a very nice guy.
Lola Aston is the prettiest closed car in Le Mans from Speed 8 in 2003. Go Aston !

http://fdlm4.site.voila.fr/lm2009/lm2009.html

Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2479120)   #41
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!

We will be live in the chatroom for all sessions of Le Mans! Plus I am sure there will be people about most of the time. So please do join us! (well not me as Ill be off to the race itself on Friday!!

To join, just click chat in the top corner of the screen or use your favourite IRC client to join irc.phishy.net, port 6667 in #motorsport.

Any issues please send a PM to Andy77 here on 10ths or speak to him in the chatroom Asp will be able to help also if/when he is about.

Enjoy the race! And maybe I even get to join you all from trackside!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2479124)   #42
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.S.S.Express View Post
I post some pics of yesterday. Bruno Senna dedicate me my Ayrton's Helmet. It's a very nice guy.
keep up the good work JJ, nice pics
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2479133)   #43
TheKimme
Rookie

Denmark
TheKimme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.S.S.Express View Post
Hi everybody !

Lola Aston is the prettiest closed car in Le Mans from Speed 8 in 2003. Go Aston !

http://fdlm4.site.voila.fr/lm2009/lm2009.html

Great pictures!!! I didn't know aston had 3 cars :O
Old 10 Jun 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2479139)   #44
mufc6000
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
mufc6000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what are the cars that everybody is going to be keeping an eye on then?

Obvioiusly the LMP1 battle between the Audi's and the Peugeot's.

Will be keeping an eye on the Team LNT Ginetta and will also be looking out for the Endurance Asia team.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2479154)   #45
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc6000 View Post

Will be keeping an eye on the Team LNT Ginetta and will also be looking out for the Endurance Asia team.
Felbermayr Proton, Flying Lizard and IMSA Performance Matmut
Old 10 Jun 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2479170)   #46
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
+1
Old 10 Jun 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2479173)   #47
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc6000 View Post

Vettes, AMRs, Spyker, RS Spyder (if they can get into the middle of some of the Petrol LMP1s and the Kolles cars), Quifel ASM and Racing Box.

P2 should be interesting even if the Spyders get away. Hopefully the other good cars stick with it for the race but we shall see.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2479218)   #48
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quifel ASM, yes. I've always had a lot of time for those guys since 2007 when they were incredibly unlucky not to win

I'd like to see Pesca have a good run as well. I think they've been overshadowed of late by ORECA and AMR coming into LMP1, so I'd love to see them beat some of the works cars. Ditto SRTS with Prost and Jani onboard in the gorgeous Lola

Just generally looking out for the minnows, I think - Bruich/Bruneau, JLOC, LNT, Strakka, Barazi, LAA, Drayson, Spyker, even RML are now underdogs
Old 10 Jun 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2479270)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Free Practice starts in 25 minutes or so!

L.P.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2479286)   #50
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Man, I am so incredibly excited.....we´re finally good to go!
Closed Thread