Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Nov 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2327694)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Camping news for Le mans 2009

I have just seen the following which may be of interest to fellow campers.

New for 2009:

Building work has finally begun on the football stadium inside the circuit north of Antares. While this should have little impact on camping on circuit, Houx Annexe North will not be used as a campsite this year. Houx Annexe South will be a campsite as usual.
Houx Annexe South Campsite will have marked and numbered pitches for the Le Mans 24 hrs 2009. Houx Annexe joins the list of Houx, Karting Nord, Maison Blanche, Blue North & South in having numbered plots in 2009. Other campsites will have marked plots but not necessarily numbered.
Further works will be carried out on the track within the Maison Blanche campsite. This will result in a further loss of camping space in this popular camping area for Le Mans 24 hours 2009.
Drainage work will be completed in the Beausejour campsite to avoid any future problems with water logging.

The campsite security fencing will be improved.
A new area called "Karting-Sud" will be available for the first time for 2009. This area will be used for buses and large vehicles with groups who also want to camp.
The Hundaudieres campsite, that used to provide pre-erected tents for individuals, will not be available in 2009.

The car parking at the circuit will be revised for the Le Mans 24hrs 2009. Parking Blue will be replaced by parking at Heronniere. It is important to note that car parking permits for the main areas will no longer give access to the car parks at Mulsanne and Arnage.
People who arrive to camp on the circuit before the Wednesday prior to the Le Mans 24 Hours will no longer be charged a supplement locally on arrival.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2327712)   #2
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that info, I've used Blue Sud for the last few years and have to say the numbered plots system they've used has worked well.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 14:16 (Ref:2333130)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
It is important to note that car parking permits for the main areas will no longer give access to the car parks at Mulsanne and Arnage.
Now that's an interesting one. Separate parking permits for Mulsanne and Arnage then? To be purchased on arrival or in advance, I wonder?
Old 12 Nov 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2333743)   #4
Kevbuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Kevbuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info GT6, I knew that they were intending to build on the Houx Annexe Site, but wasn't sure where or how much of it was going to disappear as a result.

Good to hear that Houx Annexe Sud will survive though. Dividing the site up into plots is probably not a bad idea, and it will make it fairer for those people who can't get there until Friday evening - when the campsite historically has been completely jam packed forcing people with legitimate tickets to camp wherever they can pitch their tent!

Where did you get the info from GT6? I have emailed the ACO about the camping situation, and what effect the building works would have, but unfortunately they really weren't very helpful at all.

Looking forward to Le Mans 2009 already Trouble is, you end up wishing your life away if you aren't careful!
Old 12 Nov 2008, 15:58 (Ref:2333762)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Kevbuts

There are numerous Le mans websites and sometimes you pick up new bits of info on the.The ACO website has all the latest info but Club arnarge and Piston Heads are very useful places aswell.

Good luck if you are expecting to still get a camping place on friday, even with allocated pitches the massed campers in De houx Annex will have engulfed any spare pitches by Thursday, civilisation never reached that campsite. Better to get there early and enjoy the practice sessions on Wednesday and Thursday by friday evening Le mans is almost over for some of the diehard fans.
Old 12 Jan 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2369875)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In case people are interested, the ACO booking system is now open, however most grandstands already gone and only beausejour left for camping. Prices much the same in euros as last year which means in sterling a big hike.

With most campsites now numbered, some gone and a reduction in size for some of those left there may be shortages even with reduced attendance this year.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2371301)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
In case people are interested, the ACO booking system is now open, however most grandstands already gone and only beausejour left for camping. Prices much the same in euros as last year which means in sterling a big hike.

With most campsites now numbered, some gone and a reduction in size for some of those left there may be shortages even with reduced attendance this year.
That's bad news. Only got my time off work confirmed today so I have to start my plans from scratch as of now...
Old 15 Jan 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2371935)   #8
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
One of our party has the intention to bring his little caravan with him to Houx annexe. Will this be allowed?
Old 15 Jan 2009, 12:37 (Ref:2371947)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
One of our party has the intention to bring his little caravan with him to Houx annexe. Will this be allowed?
In most campsites you will require two camping passes, one for the car one for the caravan, but space is always very limited and on Houx annex I have not seen many caravans in the past, although I do have vivid memories of one year when the storm caused extensive flooding in chemin du boeuf (as i think it was called that year). The caravans near the enterance (security people i think) were standing in water at least 3 feet deep.

If ask the ACO they can tell you if it is allowed but if you do take one arrive early as getting to your alloted space could be difficult when towing.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2372611)   #10
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Yes there were several caravans at HA last year and I don't think extra camping passes were needed.

I don't expect it this year either because also HA will now have numbered 35m2 plots.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2375409)   #11
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm,numbered slots...does that mean that when tickets are ordered on different days an thus have different numbers,that it'll not be possible to make camp with all of our group together?
It'd be a major drag if we were scatterd all over Houx annexe instead of together,since our camp relies on a central "powerhouse" (generator,freezer,soundsystem,lighted flagpole,big gazebo,etc.).
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2375412)   #12
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm,numbered slots...does that mean that when tickets are ordered on different days an thus have different numbers,that it'll not be possible to make camp with all of our group together?
It'd be a major drag if we were scatterd all over Houx annexe instead of together,since our camp relies on a central "powerhouse" (generator,freezer,soundsystem,lighted flagpole,big gazebo,etc.).
Yup it means exactly that, if your tickets weren't ordered on one order from the ACO then your pitches will be scattered about.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2375430)   #13
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Yup it means exactly that, if your tickets weren't ordered on one order from the ACO then your pitches will be scattered about.
Darn! That really vacuumcleans...
Old 21 Jan 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2375911)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Darn! That really vacuumcleans...
GT4

If you speak to Nadine at the tourist office I am sure she will be able to get you tickets together, so speak to her and if she has them cancel the ACO ones.

Hopefully we will meet again this year

Simon
Old 21 Jan 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2376049)   #15
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
GT4

If you speak to Nadine at the tourist office I am sure she will be able to get you tickets together, so speak to her and if she has them cancel the ACO ones.

Hopefully we will meet again this year

Simon
Hi GT6/Simon ,

Trouble is,we ordered our tickets at Ticket&Travel in Holland,so I'm afraid such a deal will be hard to make...
Maybe I can ask T&T if they'll be able to do this for us.

I'll most definetly will make the effort to be at the 10Tenths LM meating this year!
Old 25 Feb 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2404084)   #16
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hummm.... Did not know about that update on the Houx Annexe. That is exactly my first choice on the order form I sent in. I guess I will get Beausejour again.

I might go on my motorbike this year. How does that affect camping tickets and space? There is no changes, correct? I must reserve a normal space and pay accordingly, right?

Cheers!
Old 25 Feb 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2404170)   #17
Bas
Rookie

European Union
Bas has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano
Hummm.... Did not know about that update on the Houx Annexe. That is exactly my first choice on the order form I sent in. I guess I will get Beausejour again.

I might go on my motorbike this year. How does that affect camping tickets and space? There is no changes, correct? I must reserve a normal space and pay accordingly, right?
Well if you haven't heard anything by now then BSJ is likely.

Same rules apply with a motorbike however with a bike you shouldn't worry about being on BSJ, you can just drive-up to the main entrance and park the bike there.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2418062)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Had a quick look on E bayb and plenty of camping tickets flowing through, prices lower than last year but still ridiculous when they can be picked up often for half the price from the agencies and tour operators.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2418396)   #19
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speedchills are operating in both BSJ and Bleu Sud this year so if you are looking for little hospitality and a cold beer or three give them a shout.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2420015)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
http://www.racetours.co.uk/Le%20Mans%20prices.htm

The above still have some camping tickets, much better bet than paying over the odds with E Bay
Old 21 Mar 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2421244)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So do 1st Tickets.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 05:54 (Ref:2428678)   #22
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just been informed there are still spaces in Bleu Sud with Speedchills if anyone is looking.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2431108)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The credit crunch seems to have had no effect on the stupid, camping tickets, particularly houx annex, on fleabay going for silly money despite agencies still having unsold tickets.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2431123)   #24
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The credit crunch seems to have had no effect on the stupid, camping tickets, particularly houx annex, on fleabay going for silly money despite agencies still having unsold tickets.
Spotted that, unbelievable prices.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2431136)   #25
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Slightly off topic, but I spotted this on Daily Sportscar. That's a lot of rooms to get rid of given the price and 8 night minimum stay requirement, but I'm sure someone will cough up. Wonder if it has anything to do with Gigawave's forfeit?

Tags
2009 le mans