Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Sep 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3306336)   #801
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
"Just" some Chevy V8s and old Lolas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e0haeTJvDE
Old 22 Sep 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3307365)   #802
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
To stay in the Porsche rallying theme: spectacular crash of Porsche 964 in Hellendoorn Ralley (NL). Driver and co-driver are OK. Long live rollcages!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hStcyDj830Q#t=18
Old 23 Sep 2013, 00:59 (Ref:3307908)   #803
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim & Tom Coronel's TV advert for Allsecur insurance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_8g-MEt8Y
Old 30 Sep 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3310975)   #804
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure about the commentary, or the choice of car, but what a track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPuBPUNI4o4
Old 8 Oct 2013, 03:34 (Ref:3314392)   #805
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Street 911s, but really cool. //www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPaeC0llaaE&feature=player_detailpage
Old 8 Oct 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3314577)   #806
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
To stay in the Porsche rallying theme: spectacular crash of Porsche 964 in Hellendoorn Ralley (NL). Driver and co-driver are OK. Long live rollcages!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hStcyDj830Q#t=18
I would be worried about breathing underwater, getting unbuckled and getting out! The guy standing there doesn't seem to be concerned about the driver and navigator but checks his phone to see if he got the photo before walking away.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3314720)   #807
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I would be worried about breathing underwater, getting unbuckled and getting out! The guy standing there doesn't seem to be concerned about the driver and navigator but checks his phone to see if he got the photo before walking away.
Sadly, this is the common demeanor in many a dutchman nowadays. 'Enjoying' an accident, taking as much video as possible and being the first one to post it online. Never mind the victims...

Dispicable.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3314722)   #808
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I'm sick and tired of explaining the inaction of the people who were looking on, so I'll just leave you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdpdUbW8vbw
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3314727)   #809
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I'm sick and tired of explaining the inaction of the people who were looking on, so I'll just leave you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdpdUbW8vbw
So you post an agent subjective piece of 'research'? Nothing but an excuse to do nothing...

My first reaction would've been to give my smartphone to a mate, tell him to keep filming, and then jumping in to dive to their aid.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3314749)   #810
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeh I admit, you're onto me, I'm just making the Genovese syndrome up.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3314758)   #811
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Sadly, this is the common demeanor in many a dutchman nowadays. 'Enjoying' an accident, taking as much video as possible and being the first one to post it online. Never mind the victims...

Dispicable.
Not only Dutchmen carry this "mental sickness".
At a race this year, a Motorcycle driver crashed heavily at a race I was marshaling at. The marshals at the corner quickly called for medics, and chose to deploy the cover screens made available so the spectators couldn't see the after match of the crash. (This is VERY normal procedure)
This made several spectators yell angrily "that they couldn't see anything!"
Old 8 Oct 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3314759)   #812
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stadium Super Trucks

http://youtu.be/oMuod2BaHQ8
Old 9 Oct 2013, 04:14 (Ref:3314939)   #813
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So you post an agent subjective piece of 'research'? Nothing but an excuse to do nothing...
Totally made up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Quote:
My first reaction would've been to give my smartphone to a mate, tell him to keep filming, and then jumping in to dive to their aid.
Assuming that you are not under the influence of above effect.

Last edited by deggis; 9 Oct 2013 at 04:23.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3315109)   #814
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
The bystander effect is not made up, sadly enough. So let's stop that discussion.

What my initial video didn't show, is the fact that marshalls came immediately to the rescue. Also, the water was only 80 cms deep or so, and the car was not laying on its side after it came to a rest, not on its roof.

Still a very condemnable attitude of the spectators of course, paying more attention to their phones than to the drivers.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 11:47 (Ref:3315120)   #815
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As Vincent says, time to move on. Any more discussion on the existence or non-existence of this effect will be removed - but members are free to start a separate discussion in a new thread in an appropriate subforum, by all means.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3315180)   #816
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just an FYI, the first video in this thread from the Mulsanne appears to have been repaired and the video and sound and synced again, woohoo!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3315629)   #817
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why the well this cars cannot compete in Le Mans ???? :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydBFCUhwku8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OULUZDHwelI
(Mclaren P1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bmgh1QlC8s
(Ferrari LaFerrari)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4AeUQVua-I
(porsche 918)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPd0ATqvoJM
(Pagani Zonda R)
Old 10 Oct 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3315778)   #818
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Because they don't comply with the regulations and their builders/manufacturers have not even tried to make them complying.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3315795)   #819
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Just an FYI, the first video in this thread from the Mulsanne appears to have been repaired and the video and sound and synced again, woohoo!
I must admit I downloaded it long long ago! It's something to keep you going between June and.....June (as RLM would say! ).
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3315799)   #820
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Because they don't comply with the regulations and their builders/manufacturers have not even tried to make them complying.
Ok, that part i know.

Please just imagine an Audi R18 passed by an P1 Mclaren on Mulssane straight
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3315801)   #821
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Ok, that part i know.

Please just imagine an Audi R18 passed by an P1 Mclaren on Mulssane straight
Wouldn't get close to a P1 car (especially with the new hybrid rules) without being basically rebuilt into a new car.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3315889)   #822
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Wouldn't get close to a P1 car (especially with the new hybrid rules) without being basically rebuilt into a new car.
Are you sure of that
Old 10 Oct 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3315890)   #823
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Wouldn't hurt to have a dedicated class for those cars though. I think that'd draw quite some spectators...
Old 10 Oct 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3315905)   #824
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wouldn't hurt to have a dedicated class for those cars though. I think that'd draw quite some spectators...
You mean... GT1?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3315926)   #825
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Back to vids eh guys?