Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Feb 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2639013)   #1
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The Cheapest way to watch Le Mans

ok I figured out how to get to paris,

can someone help me how to get to le mans, watch the race and get back to paris at the very cheapest, I mean every euro cent counts. thanks
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2639066)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post

can someone help me how to get to le mans, watch the race and get back to paris at the very cheapest, I mean every euro cent counts. thanks
I am not exactly certain whereyou can get the info from but there are Buses from Paris to Lemans, much cheaper than trains, if you have a tent you should be able to sneak into the larger campsites. Basic food/drink from the supermarkets within walking distance of campsites and then just your ticket to buy.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2639071)   #3
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
thanks, looking forward to not showering for afew days
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2639079)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Showers are free, so you might as well take a couple
Old 23 Feb 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2639138)   #5
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Get yourself up to Calais and hitch a ride with one of the tens of thousands of Brits making the trip
Old 23 Feb 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2639146)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. flight .. low cost companies .. usually around 100 euro.. if they operate through beuvais you'll have to get the shuttle to and from paris (2x12 euro or something like that)
2. train .. tgv was 82 euro 2 persons last year
3. camping .. 0-1xx euro
4. general entrance .. 65 euro this year
5. beer .. lots of

you might even find persons to share their camping space with you .. we had an italian guy on our space last year .. he asked for directions for where to buy tickets in one tram station ..

Ciao Marco
Old 23 Feb 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2639147)   #7
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Will you be travelling alone?
Old 23 Feb 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2639150)   #8
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
thanks guys, oh anyone know how much is the entrance to the grandstands, and that tv thngie, kangaroo or something, thanks, Either with or without my gf, depeds, if she could get free for the weekend, most likely alone
Old 23 Feb 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2639164)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://ticket3.lemans.org/catalogue/...pitre=tribunes

kangaroo is about 80 euros i think .. but you need a deposit

Ciao Marco
Old 23 Feb 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2639197)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You can use a credit card for a deposit .

Cheapest train would be a non TGV from Paris to Le Mans , dont book a seat , would probably take about 3 hours , but Im not sure .
Old 23 Feb 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2639305)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
5. beer .. lots of
Not so essential really. The race and the atmosphere is generally intoxicating enough for me. Sorry to be boring, but I'm old enough now that I don't have to be drunk to enjoy myself!
Old 24 Feb 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2639543)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
thanks guys, oh anyone know how much is the entrance to the grandstands, and that tv thngie, kangaroo or something, thanks, Either with or without my gf, depeds, if she could get free for the weekend, most likely alone
I would not bother about grandstands, expensive and for your first Le mans you will want to walk around and see everything, you will always find shelter if (cover your ears Ayse) it rains and you will soon make new friends who will show you the best places to watch etc. This will be my 26th Le Mans and never bought a seat yet.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2639561)   #13
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
agree .. you can have your grandstand time during practice and qualy ..

@ayse . who said anything about getting drunk ???

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Feb 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2639808)   #14
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
thanks, tis is very helpfull
Old 24 Feb 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2639888)   #15
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not so essential really. The race and the atmosphere is generally intoxicating enough for me. Sorry to be boring, but I'm old enough now that I don't have to be drunk to enjoy myself!
You are never to old for a party.

Le Mans is a lot of things to a lot of people. I enjoy the race and am a true fan - but I also like to have a good time with my friends over a few few and some wine.

There are of course people that just go for the party and hardly bother about the race - each to there own - but you get out it it what you want as long as it doesnt affect others.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2639981)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can actually have a darned good party with limited (or no) alcohol. But yes, I enjoy a glass of wine too, and a beer, and the occasional calvados but I still think that far too many people spend far too much time concerned about where their next drink is coming from..... And that's in life generally, not specifically at Le Mans...
Old 25 Feb 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2640319)   #17
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I still think that far too many people spend far too much time concerned about where their next drink is coming from..... And that's in life generally, not specifically at Le Mans...
Thats the reason the big stage rallys here (Ireland) are popular, many go purely for the ****up and wont see a single stage, or even service or the prizegiving
Old 25 Feb 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2640332)   #18
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Count me in for the "no alcohol" club. People my age must think I am a freak or something, but I think there are so many better ways to enjoy oneself.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2640377)   #19
LemansmobileTV
Advertising Partner
Rookie

LemansmobileTV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
http://ticket3.lemans.org/catalogue/...pitre=tribunes

kangaroo is about 80 euros i think .. but you need a deposit

There is a new price for 2010...should be launched shortly. I'll keep you posted.