Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Jun 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2704804)   #26
LeMansPilgrim
Rookie

United States
Stuttgart, Germany
LeMansPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Sorry to be such an untimely inconvenience! Alas, had the ACO not chosen to change out their site at such a late date and trickle out the pieces of the new one, it would of been up sooner. As it is there is no LT&S links available yet. So I might suggest you complain to the ACO!! Regards.

L.P.
Woah, easy now!! I wasn't directing any anger at anyone! I'm just simply commenting about my excitement for Le Mans to be so near! And I hit the road for my pilgrimage early next week. Continue with your great work. You'll hear no complaints from me!
Old 4 Jun 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2704811)   #27
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeDent View Post
Bleu Sud

In jest of course, but I'm here for the virtual forum experience. Got my v-tent and all, and a virtual camping pass (I actually made an avatar of it, but then realised you need 250 posts to have an avatar).
Oh wow!! i want a virtual pass!!!!

Do i get a virtual tent too???? i want a pink one!!

Ive just been to tesco to buy my friend all the stuff she needs to come camping with us. not sure how shes gonna survive after the comment "is there stuff to do other than cars?" apparently shes not keen on cars. may need some help persuading her!
Old 4 Jun 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2704834)   #28
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"As for Le Mans. That is the very difficult question. I don’t think we’ll be quicker than Peugeot, I think we’ll be very close to them. I think we’ll be close on straight-line speed and on lap time. And after that it’s down to us as drivers to get through traffic, it’s down to reliability, it’s down to the pit stops and it’s down to us being a little bit under less pressure than they are. "

- Allan McNish

McNish seems spot on to me. I think Peugeot will retain a slight overall speed advantage, I certainly don't think the #7 will be anymore then 2 seconds off the race pace of the quickest Peugeot, though. In fact I think the #7 will give the #1 and #4 Peugeots fits, and may actually lead them from the start.

I've been looking at some footage of the 8 hours of Paul Ricard, and the R15+ is extremely quick in a straight line. Both cars passed a Lola Aston Martin at the same high speed point on the track but the R15+ made it look a bit easier. However outside of traffic the R15+ was not able to gap the ORECA Peugeot throughout the first stint as the gap stayed at around 10 seconds.

It will be interesting to see how the R15+ handles the braking zones and the Porsche curves, as it was painfully slow through the twisty section of Spa. Peugeot has experience with its lowdownforce bodywork at Le Mans, Audi doesn't. The question will be can they find the balance of the car in time for the race on Saturday. Last year they didn't find the balance until Sunday mourning and by then it was too late

This year I dont think anybody will have enough of a speed advantage to overcome big setbacks. Any delayed pitstops will most likely mean a lost race to which ever car. I'm afraid we may see a 2008 race where all the factory diesels sweep the top spots

However the driver lineup of the #2 and #3 Peugeot is extremely quick and there are no holes among the six. The former single seater drivers may still be suspect to over driving the car, or coming into contact with traffic, though. But in the end I do prefer Peugeot's 9 drivers over Audi's 9. Audi pulled the plug on the Werner/Biela/Pirro Audi too quickly I think. The new young guns that have replaced them have had far too many accidents in recent years...

It will be interesting to see if the Peugeots have any modifications to '09 Le Mans aero at scrutineering. Also there may be some Sony/Gran Turismo sponsorship on the factory 908s this year instead of Microsoft/360, according to a report

I think this year there is a very good chance the cars could approach 400 laps if the weather cooperates. In 2008 they were on pace for over 400 laps until the rain. Last year only 382 laps were completed, but about 90 minutes were spent under the safety car and the slowest Peugeot was the only Peugeot to run trouble free. And by the speeds at Spa lap times should be quicker.

There is a very real chance that a GT2 car might finish ahead of any GT1 car.

One last thing, does anyone know if Peugeot is bringing brand new cars to Le Mans, or are they using the same cars from Spa/Sebring/2009?

Last edited by Holt; 4 Jun 2010 at 22:48.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2704838)   #29
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
One last thing, does anyone know if Peugeot is bringing brand new cars to Le Mans, or are they using the same cars from Spa/Sebring/2009?
I have found an unofficial information in the middle of this page : the chassis will be 6 (2009 winner), 7 and 9, and the n°10 as a reserve.

You can have a full story of the 908 Hdi FAP chassis here.

Last edited by PascaLM; 4 Jun 2010 at 23:09.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2704843)   #30
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post

Ive just been to tesco to buy my friend all the stuff she needs to come camping with us. not sure how shes gonna survive after the comment "is there stuff to do other than cars?" apparently shes not keen on cars. may need some help persuading her!
Everyone who'll be on here during race week is a virtual camper, with virtual tents (or other sleeping option of your choice) made of the finest holographic materials. I'm bringing virtual snacks too for the trip.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 23:36 (Ref:2704853)   #31
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I have found an unofficial information in the middle of this page : the chassis will be 6 (2009 winner), 7 and 9, and the n°10 as a reserve.

You can have a full story of the 908 Hdi FAP chassis here.
Thanks, but I'm currently very confused.

Does Peugeot change the chassis numbers? Your post says the 2009 winner was in chassis #6, but one of those posts says the #9 Peugeot 2009 lemans winner was chassis #08.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 23:55 (Ref:2704860)   #32
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
Thanks, but I'm currently very confused.

Does Peugeot change the chassis numbers? Your post says the 2009 winner was in chassis #6, but one of those posts says the #9 Peugeot 2009 lemans winner was chassis #08.
Well, I'm not sure about it, but this page tells too that Gene, Brabham and Wurz drove the n°6.
It's also said that this chassis n°6 is at museum. So I'm getting very confused too !
Old 5 Jun 2010, 04:41 (Ref:2704896)   #33
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

From my experience of taking newbies - both male and female, all you have to do is take them to the race, sit back and let it work its magic. She'll be as keen as the rest of us after an hour or so.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2704917)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Bleu Sud

In jest of course, but I'm here for the virtual forum experience. Got my v-tent and all, and a virtual camping pass (I actually made an avatar of it, but then realised you need 250 posts to have an avatar).

Nice one!

Quote:
.....apparently shes not keen on cars.

Send her to the Hippodrome then........
Old 5 Jun 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2704957)   #35
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
a little later than planned....

Supported by Ten-Tenths.com, the Nissan 370 24Heures du Mans Guide for 2010 is now online!

You can download the two page guide at http://www.spotterguides.com/le-mans-2010-guide.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2704963)   #36
LeMansPilgrim
Rookie

United States
Stuttgart, Germany
LeMansPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the Spotters Guide. I am ready to travel! Bring on Le Mans!
Old 5 Jun 2010, 09:10 (Ref:2704966)   #37
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Good work, especially for the BMW art-car.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2704967)   #38
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Except for the two little lights, I don't see any difference.
watch the black lip on the buttom carefully and you will find the micro difference.the liveries on front bumper is different from the picture you post(2010 LMS car)also suggest it's a new one.
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio..._paddockj9.JPG
anyway,lizard will use a new chasses(same as 2009spec) reported by EI and they will have EI logo on the silver-red porsche rear bumper
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio..._paddockv9.JPG
Old 5 Jun 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2704970)   #39
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The micro differences on the black lip does not signify a new front, but rather a Le Mans style front lip.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2705107)   #40
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the spotters guide. I'm now going to choose 1 car from each class to follow, based purely on the look of the car. I might wait until after Wed practice to make my final decision to see what the cars look like out on the track.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2705128)   #41
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Photos of the pitlane have appeared on a Portuguese Le Mans site: http://www.lemansportugal.com/24-hor...os-do-pitlane/

It's getting closer and closer. No signs of Audi, Peugeot and BMWs, but the JLOC is there, all black.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2705138)   #42
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of things I read in the Club Arnage guide:
fastest driver must start the race, and fuel stops must fill to the brim (no splash&dash)

are these new rules?
Old 5 Jun 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2705237)   #43
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post
A couple of things I read in the Club Arnage guide:
fastest driver must start the race, and fuel stops must fill to the brim (no splash&dash)

are these new rules?
Yes, I found those statements in the CA guide, they are wrong on both counts.

Article 6.1.5 of the Supplementary regs :

The name of the starting driver must be declared by the teams
during the Administrative Checks (Monday 7th June and Tuesday 8th
June). Without any modification in writing presented to the panel of the
Stewards at the latest thirty minutes (30 mn) after the end of the
Qualifying sessions, the starting driver must be one declared during the
Administrative checks. Only one modifying declaration per car will be
accepted.

So the starting driver has to be nominated at least a coule of days before practice even starts

The "fuel stops must fill to the brim" is a misinterpretation of the Sporting regs:

17.3 - During the practice sessions and the race, refuelling is only
permitted :
a/ By means of the assigned pit autonomous tank with the car number
affixed ;
b/ With the fuel supplied by the Organiser.

and

17.7 – Checking of the fuel consumption.
As soon as refuelling is completed, it is mandatory, under the pit
marshal’s supervision, to fill up the autonomous tank to the top
The fuel contained in the overflow pipe must be poured into an empty
container provided by the competitor, holding at least 5 litres,
graduated and fitted with a coupling.
The quantity poured must be measured by the pit marshal.
Note: A development of a system to control continuously the fuel level
in the tanks is in progress. When it will be available, instructions will
be provided to the competitors and must necessarily be fitted on the
autonomous tank.

So it's the "autonomous tank" ie the tank from which the car is refuelled, which must be filled to the brim - and that's immediately after the pitstop, so that fuel consumption can be checked by the ACO.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 23:29 (Ref:2705270)   #44
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Everyone who'll be on here during race week is a virtual camper, with virtual tents (or other sleeping option of your choice) made of the finest holographic materials. I'm bringing virtual snacks too for the trip.
The problem is that the beer is virtual too.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2705277)   #45
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Quote:
The micro differences on the black lip does not signify a new front, but rather a Le Mans style front lip.
lizard and proton is going to run different spec front bumper,the #80's is 2009 lemans spec with a new black lip,the proton one is 2010spec same as falken ALMS car.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 03:25 (Ref:2705322)   #46
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why? It doesn't make much sense! Both are 2010 spec cars. Both are racing at Le mans...so why not both race Le Mans spec lips?
Old 6 Jun 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2705358)   #47
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
The problem is that the beer is virtual too.
Look on the bright side, you'll be able to have a virtual hangover too...
Old 6 Jun 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2705359)   #48
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Quote:
Why? It doesn't make much sense! Both are 2010 spec cars. Both are racing at Le mans...so why not both race Le Mans spec lips?
they will find the best set-up for lemans porsches during free practice,hopefully all the 997s will have only one wing on both side of front bumper like last year.
and lizard is using a 2009built car,this time with a new chassis and 2 new engines,some unimportant body parts,such as front cover is still 2009spec
only ProSpeed and both protons gets full 2010 updates.IMSA will get 2010 updates this week.have no idea about BMS car untill some photos published.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2705369)   #49
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
This is not what has been reported by RLM. Lizards have a brand new car.
Prospeed has a gentleman driver line-up, so if they do have the latest equipment, it is of little or no use.
IMSA has been to Weisach this week so I assume their car is updated.
BMS is really the #2 car (in terms o driver lineup) so it would seem counter productive for them not to have the latest equipment.
Anyway, regardless of the spec, due to current 2010 regs, there have been no major updates to the 2009 car.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2705419)   #50
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 009 Aston doesn't have Lowe's on the front but text that looks like Arabic over the window: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ePesage_09.jpg
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio..._LM_Astons.JPG

Aston DBR9 is all covered: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ePesage_11.jpg

Vettes have a nice allusion to the 50th Anniversary on the hoods: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ePesage_14.jpg
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...M_Corvette.JPG

Nice view of the engine: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ePesage_16.jpg
"Needs water"

Foot-fauteuil (foot chair) sticker on the fender of the MarcVDS Ford: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ePesage_21.jpg

The WR has a very nice nationalistic look to it: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...-10_LM_WR5.JPG

Only signs of the BMWs so far: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...-10_LM_BMW.JPG

Nothing of the JMW Aston yet.

Really looking forward to seeing more.