Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2711909)   #26
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
At the finish Westbrook told RLM that the engine was running on only 5 cilinders and the clutch was gone. They did a good job bringing the car to the finish.
I knew that yesterday. I don't see how that reflects on my post.
I had a very good feeling about BMS and they did not disappoint (a little slower than I thought they would be). They were fantastic, but I personally think Felbermayr deserve their outstanding victory.

Interesting to note that the #77 Felbermayr car spent 38 minutes in the pits in total and made exactly 24 pit-stops. The only other work they did besides refueling and tire change was a change of break pads. That's fantastic in my book.

Last edited by Spyderman; 14 Jun 2010 at 13:44.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2711921)   #27
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Interesting to note that the #77 Felbermayr car spent 38 minutes in the pits in total and made exactly 24 pit-stops. The only other work they did besides refueling and tire change was a change of break pads. That's fantastic in my book.
That's what we generally expect from a properly sorted Porsche race car: absolute clockwork performance. (and obviously, being in GT2, brake pad replacement was pretty much mandatory...)
Old 14 Jun 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2711923)   #28
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
At the finish Westbrook told RLM that the engine was running on only 5 cilinders and the clutch was gone. They did a good job bringing the car to the finish.
I suppose if a valve or piston were broke nthen it would fail the stall test with air flowing back through the broken cylinder into the manifold!

Hardly a performance advantage.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2711930)   #29
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
That's what we generally expect from a properly sorted Porsche race car: absolute clockwork performance. (and obviously, being in GT2, brake pad replacement was pretty much mandatory...)
Agreed!...but it's just that we haven't had much of that lately.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2712075)   #30
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
I suppose if a valve or piston were broke nthen it would fail the stall test with air flowing back through the broken cylinder into the manifold!

Hardly a performance advantage.
But that car is the only one on the podium not being questioned! I hope the results stand; BMS did an amazing job bringing home a car with 5 cylinders and no clutch on the podium, helped by attrition in that class. Having that be the winning car would, however, not really seem just to me. Rules are rules, but in my mind #77 is a very deserving winner no matter what. Great job by Farnbacher too, to bring the Hankook car home 2nd at Nurburgring and Le Mans. To finish first, first you must finish!
Old 15 Jun 2010, 05:11 (Ref:2712361)   #31
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly how long does it take to make a determination of action; not a decision just a "hey, here's what's happening"

Or is the ACO waiting for the check to clear?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 05:25 (Ref:2712367)   #32
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is the kinda thing you want to get right the first time. For any other race to change the result or have it challenged is not really a big issue - for Le Mans, it is.

Off topic for a moment Also does anyone know if ACO has released the 'time in pits' PDF yet, can't seem to find it.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2712405)   #33
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
It is the kinda thing you want to get right the first time. For any other race to change the result or have it challenged is not really a big issue - for Le Mans, it is.

Off topic for a moment Also does anyone know if ACO has released the 'time in pits' PDF yet, can't seem to find it.
Try http://www.lemans.org/en/courses/24h-actu-en-direct-2010.html

That's not the timing but what happened on the circit
Old 16 Jun 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2713238)   #34
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
anye news abot this subjet yet, does anyone know when the results have to be published final
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2713242)   #35
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I'm guessing that it's all done and dusted, the cars were passed as fit and legal and they've just forgotten to tell us outsiders.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2713269)   #36
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
yeah but final results are not posted yet on the le mans site, but you are probably right
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2713821)   #37
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here some Infos by one of the involved teams:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=5247&Itemid=1
The ACO just wanted in advance to check the Motors of the 2 best placed GT2. As this turned out not to be completed in time at LM the motors of the 2 cars were sealed and brought back to the related tuners (Weissach & Michelotto) , where they will be checked by ACO-officials.
At least Horst Farnbacher expects no changes of the final results.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2713823)   #38
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Horst Farnbacher? Did someone put Horst Felbermayr and Dominik Farnbacher in a blender?
Old 17 Jun 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2713836)   #39
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Horst Farnbacher? Did someone put Horst Felbermayr and Dominik Farnbacher in a blender?
No Horst Farnbacher is owner of Farnbacher Racing and father of Dominic Farnbacher.

Horst is a common name in Germany.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2714440)   #40
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is it with Porsche having issues with the rulebook?? I remember last year the felbermayr team being DQ'ed on 1 occasion & in an FIA GT race last year (I think spa 24hrs) a whole rack of 911s being DQ'ed due to engine regs!
Old 18 Jun 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2714448)   #41
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
last year they "forgot" to ask FIA and the ACO tat they need a waiver for their engine since by the rulebook it kept blowint up, so they were forced to introduce stronge cylinder liners, withc they forgot ot mention to the organisers and also forgot that they were ilegal.

but the issue was resolved peacifully, and this year the engine is fully legal to my knowlige, since the homologated car was also fitted with the stronger liners!
Old 18 Jun 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2714453)   #42
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what i gather there is nothing illegal done so far, it's just something the ACO do now and again is to strip down an Engine from a manufacturer just to check it is in complete conformity to the regulations, this is how the ACO and FIA discovered the Steel liners in the Porsche engine last year.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2714474)   #43
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
GT2 classification on hold – top 2 under investigation
Old 18 Jun 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2714480)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
last year they "forgot" to ask FIA and the ACO

Like Risi forgot to set the proper ride height , even though they had a second car !!! .....
Old 18 Jun 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2714551)   #45
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
Here some Infos by one of the involved teams:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=5247&Itemid=1
The ACO just wanted in advance to check the Motors of the 2 best placed GT2. As this turned out not to be completed in time at LM the motors of the 2 cars were sealed and brought back to the related tuners (Weissach & Michelotto) , where they will be checked by ACO-officials.
At least Horst Farnbacher expects no changes of the final results.
It wasn't completed in time at Le Mans? Before the race or after? And now the motors are allowed to leave and go back to the shop and then they'll be inspected?

Before I was just bull****ting but this doesn't sound shady at all.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2714559)   #46
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair they will be sealed at the track then the seals will be opened infront of the aco officials at the respective engine builders, So its not possible to tamper with the engine whilst the aco are not looking after it so to speak.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2714700)   #47
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Ok I have a question if they find some irregularities with the porsche or ferrari car, will all Porscches/Ferraris be excluded, like porsche was at spa
Old 19 Jun 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2714703)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I very much doubt it. I also very much doubt that any irregularity will be found.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 08:16 (Ref:2714960)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The drivers should have downshifted too early just as they crossed the line and made the engines explode... cant tear something down if its suffered from external combustion
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Jun 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2714962)   #50
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
It's not exactly external combustion though, is it? More like an internal-combustion pressure bomb.