Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2715044)   #51
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
BMS didn't do anything all race and now it looks like they may get all the glory.
Didnt do anything ..... what do you call 3rd then ?
Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2715045)   #52
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Didnt do anything ..... what do you call 3rd then ?
And as Westbrook said after the race, 3rd place with 5 cylinders and a very ill clutch as well. I'd call that a performance without a doubt.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2715117)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
BMS didn't do anything all race and now it looks like they may get all the glory.

I don't think it actually looks like any glory is moving just yet, does it?
Old 20 Jun 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2715130)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its now 7 days since the end of the greatest sportscar race in the world .

Whats keeping the ACO with their investigation now !!!
Old 20 Jun 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2715134)   #55
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they're still drunk I reckon

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2715144)   #56
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Its now 7 days since the end of the greatest sportscar race in the world .

Whats keeping the ACO with their investigation now !!!
Relax... it took few months for FIA to clarify the results of last year's FIA GT finale, this is nothing compared to it damn their obession with Italy and Maserati...

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Jun 2010 at 17:24.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2715193)   #57
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not that it has anything to do with the current situation ....

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2715268)   #58
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought I read somewhere that there would probably only be a decision in July.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2715332)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I read that too Andrew on Planetlemans.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2715364)   #60
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I find this highly idiotic to say the least, at least in Fia GT they said we found ireularities on the engine and we are debating weather and how to punish the responsible party,

here they are saying we don't know if anything is wrong. nor do we have any indications of anything being wrong, but after we get off our !@# asses off the seat we will find out!

I mean, so what happens if they do find iregularities, Le mans is a month behind us, and all the media hype about it is gonne, noone will care about the fnal result
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2715417)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It's not exactly external combustion though, is it? More like an internal-combustion pressure bomb.
A 12,000 rpm Big Bang Theory
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jun 2010, 05:14 (Ref:2715479)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
I find this highly idiotic to say the least, at least in Fia GT they said we found ireularities on the engine and we are debating weather and how to punish the responsible party,

here they are saying we don't know if anything is wrong. nor do we have any indications of anything being wrong, but after we get off our !@# asses off the seat we will find out!

I mean, so what happens if they do find iregularities, Le mans is a month behind us, and all the media hype about it is gonne, noone will care about the fnal result

Absolutely agree. I would think the last thing the ACO would want is any kind of doubt hanging over the result. If - and I stress if - something is amiss that could cause the results to be revised, you would think they'd want to get that sorted in as short a time as they possibly can.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 05:29 (Ref:2715481)   #63
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed, but I also stress the IF(!) in the irregularity department.
Here is an insight. I'm sorry about the translation, but if you guys can make better sense out of this, please enlighten us.
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
Old 21 Jun 2010, 10:18 (Ref:2715577)   #64
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe it's not too bad for porsche if #97 inherit GT2 class win,proton can get two 2011 LM24 automatic entries by winning LMS and AsLMS,dont think they can run a third car under another banner(by using 3rd LM automatic entry-2010 LM24 GT2 winner) next year.
and BMS can use an 2011 LM automatical entry to enter a new 911 next year with DTM driver and work drivers.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2715580)   #65
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and if Westbrook and Holzer win LM,probably they can be paid by porsche motorsport as work driver,surely that can make them work harder in LMS with ProSpeed.also,Audi will be willing to let more DTM top drivers drive for porsche at LM in the future.
no matter who wins and who finish 2nd,porsche can get an 2011 LM automatic entry,that's fine especially compare with last 2 years
Old 21 Jun 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2715664)   #66
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
he, but you seem to forget there atre two cars being checked one is a porsche and the other a ferari, and since its a random check, there are multiple posibilities of what can happen

the results stand, no problems,
only porsche is excluded, Ferrari inherits a victory
only the ferrari is excluded , porsche gets 1,2
both are excluded, bms inherits 1st AF 2nd
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2715723)   #67
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
and if Westbrook and Holzer win LM,probably they can be paid by porsche motorsport as work driver,surely that can make them work harder in LMS with ProSpeed.also,Audi will be willing to let more DTM top drivers drive for porsche at LM in the future.
no matter who wins and who finish 2nd,porsche can get an 2011 LM automatic entry,that's fine especially compare with last 2 years
Holzer is already a Porsche Works and Development driver.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2715853)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Agreed, but I also stress the IF(!) in the irregularity department.
Here is an insight. I'm sorry about the translation, but if you guys can make better sense out of this, please enlighten us.
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

The link doesn't seem to work for me.....
Old 21 Jun 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2715944)   #69
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brought the confusion after the race the last official final results of the ACO that the results of the first two places in the GT2 should be considered by the technical review of the engines as preliminary. This led immediately caused speculation that irregularities in the subsequent check of the Felbermayr-Proton -Porsche and the Farnbacher Racing should have given Ferraris. Rumors of the stable is not passed testing of the two German teams made the rounds at once. However, probably the representation of the ACO was just misleading, as Horst Farnbacher told us now by telephone.

"No - with the stable-test has nothing to do. The ACO just wanted the best-placed to perform the best-placed Porsche and Ferrari once again a more intensive check engine. But this was to not make more in Le Mans. So the engines of both vehicles have been sealed and the cars then back to the producers - in our case, to Otto Michel - gone. There they will be reviewed in the coming days with representatives of the ACO. I go in our case not believe that there are irregularities discovered. At least with Ferrari this approach was probably more the engines of risk Competitione or AF Corse . We have a regular customer engine - therefore I expect there anything relevant. "

So only a false alarm? Both GT2 top teams will assume that the result does not subsequently change. Profit would be in such a case, the third team to date - the BMS Scuderia Italia team, a Porsche Marco Holzer, Richard Westbrook and Timo Scheider began for. This team had in the last hour with a failed clutch and a fight only to have five pots running engine and was close to the task. New Second would be that the AF Corse Ferrari team before the IMSA Matmut Porsche.= gt-eins

Sorry about the translation.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2715955)   #70
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...lts-not-final/

The final ruling not expected until next month.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2715980)   #71
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
from what Farnbacher is saying he is sure everything is regular because he is sure he has a regular custemer engine, and that the risko of finding something wrong would have been with the Risi or the AF cars! but isn't felmbayer to porsche what Risi and AF are to ferrari

Last edited by arakis; 21 Jun 2010 at 20:30.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 03:03 (Ref:2716131)   #72
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I would be thinking too that if anyone had anything to worry about on the Ferrari side it would be AF Corse and Risi who would get any developments before Farnbacher and as Arakis points out, Farnbacher would 99% be running a customer engine.

Not sure how close Felbermayer are to Porsche but it would be closer then BMS.

Whichever way it goes I hope it gets worked out soon.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2716802)   #73
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Very nice analysis of the GT2 battle by John Brooks: http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010...s-gt-wars.aspx

A new insight on the Risi "gurney" incident:
Quote:
Gianmaria Bruni scorched round in 3:59.233 to take class pole, then came technical inspection. The official story was that the rear wing gurney flap was 2mm too low. Even though this was not the part used on the pole time run, the car was despatched to the back of the grid. There were questions about how full this explanation was and it seems that there were some movable or flexible elements to the rear assembly as well. That was the bit that really upset the ACO and was a sign of how close to the maximum all the leading teams were having to push.
And the Corvette waiver situation:
Quote:
The Pratt & Miller Corvettes looked as if they had the whole field covered, even the Risi car. There was much talk of the number of waivers that the ACO had allowed on the car, 47 I believe. The most significant that emerged from the fog was that the C6.R ZR1 cars were both running a Bosch direct injection system, giving nearly two laps fuel advantage over the other GT2 cars.............15.6 laps against 14. For 2011 all the GT2 waivers will be made public, so this sort of surprise will not happen again.
Another good point about the Davidson-Collard incident:
Quote:
There was a deal of hysterical and downright wrong commentary on TV, Radio and forums, all fully blaming Davidson. There were even some threats made in his direction from forum warriors, pathetic. It was a racing incident and both drivers played a part and should take a portion of responsibility.

Discussing this with a beer in hand after the race, one of my colleagues made the sage point that for once P&M missed a trick. With a two lap advantage, they should have warned Collard that the Peugeot was pushing at qualifying pace and on a charge, so give the prototype plenty of room, let the 908 go.
Old 24 Jun 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2717484)   #74
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Very nice indeed. Thanks!
Old 26 Jun 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2718240)   #75
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Very nice analysis of the GT2 battle by John Brooks: http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010...s-gt-wars.aspx
Nice analysis. The GT2 battle was excellent. The Corvettes and the Risi Ferrari were clearly the fastest cars in the field. The dicing between Gavin and Melo was wonderful to behold. I thought the Felbermayr Porsche ran the exact strategy they should have. They knew they had nothing for the Vettes and Risi boys so they just ran hard and fast and did nothing foolish. In the end the race came to them. This fooling around by the ACO is embarrassing! Just get it over with and finalize the results.

DK