Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2888906)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Radio Le Mans 2011

As we had an RLM thread in previous years, I just thought we ought to have one this year as well!

As far as I'm aware, the RLM game plan will be much the same as in previous years. (In reality, this post is just a lure to Hindy - or more likely Trussers - to come on here and tell us more! ).

I see that the RLM site has been revamped - well deserved after all these years - and they even have a forum - which I'm not advertising of course as that's against the rules!

Without sounding patronising - I just want to go on record (again) to offer thanks to RLM and all the commentators for continuing to add the extra essential dimension to our love of the great race.....

(Do I get my money now Hindy or will you send me a cheque....... )
Old 31 May 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2888913)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well there is no doubt I will be tunning in as i have ever since they first started.
an essetial part of the event, looking forward to hearing those old familiar voices and perhaps the castrol ad would be nice this year not heard that for a while now

Last edited by GT6; 31 May 2011 at 18:24.
Old 31 May 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2888915)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
well there is no doubt I will be tunning in as i have ever since they first started.
an essetial part of the event, looking forward to hearing those old familiar voices and perhaps the castrol ad would be nice this year noy heard that for ahile now
I really loved the Chrysler ad some 10 years ago. It was like an ad for an house for sale: a small bedroom, a small bathroom, a small kitchen and a very large Gaaaaraaaaagggeee!!!!!!
Old 31 May 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2888918)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
RadioLeMans.com along with Ten-Tenths, DailySportsCar and Nissan are also supporting and spreading the word for the Le Mans Spotter Guide
Old 31 May 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2888931)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now that is good news Andy - when will it be available?

Just read your sig........!
Old 31 May 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2888951)   #6
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
any news about 91.2 again for this year?
Old 31 May 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2888954)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
According to the radiolemans.com website it is still the same!

Cheers,

Vincent
Old 31 May 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2888957)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
radio le mans web site states 91.2 for next week
Old 31 May 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2888965)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
listening to thier GTE programme at the moment really gets you in the mood for next week
Old 31 May 2011, 23:06 (Ref:2889095)   #10
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
listening to thier GTE programme at the moment really gets you in the mood for next week
RLM makes watching the race on TV in the US worthwhile. There is always somthing going on and it usually is ahead of TV coverage.

SPEED's TV coverage is fragmented again this year but I will allow for qualifying at the Canadian GP. I watch with the TV sound turned off and RLM on my laptop computer.

Old 2 Jun 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2890039)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
This reminds me. Despite buying it a new battery, my RLM radio has died, so I'd like to get a decent radio with good headphones. I know I could use my phone, but the battery is flaky, and charging could be interesting!

So, any reccomendations for the best way to hear Mr. Hindhaugh's Educated Tones?
Old 2 Jun 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2890066)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
This reminds me. Despite buying it a new battery, my RLM radio has died, so I'd like to get a decent radio with good headphones. I know I could use my phone, but the battery is flaky, and charging could be interesting!

So, any reccomendations for the best way to hear Mr. Hindhaugh's Educated Tones?
On the recommendation of the guys on here I bought myself a cheap-but-sturdy Sony model off Amazon. Nothing flash but I have high hopes.

If I can just add a question of my own to Tim's. If you use bog-standard headphones can you actually hear the radio trackside? I've never tried it before?
Old 3 Jun 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2890320)   #13
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is anyone else having problems with the LISTEN LIVE player at the RLM web site?

It is working only intermittently for me -- dropping out every few seconds, sometimes staying off for several minutes before resuming on its own. I never had a problem with the old player, but the new one is simply not working properly for me.

Is the RLM feed available at any other web sites?

- Jeff
Old 3 Jun 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2890457)   #14
Corvette Racing
Rookie

Netherlands
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Corvette Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post
Is anyone else having problems with the LISTEN LIVE player at the RLM web site?

It is working only intermittently for me -- dropping out every few seconds, sometimes staying off for several minutes before resuming on its own. I never had a problem with the old player, but the new one is simply not working properly for me.

Is the RLM feed available at any other web sites?

- Jeff
I had the same issue yesterday, but now it's working without a problem.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2890789)   #15
photopigg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dover, Kent
photopigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
On the recommendation of the guys on here I bought myself a cheap-but-sturdy Sony model off Amazon. Nothing flash but I have high hopes.

If I can just add a question of my own to Tim's. If you use bog-standard headphones can you actually hear the radio trackside? I've never tried it before?
simmi, if you can buy yourself some "plug in ear" headphones with rubber gromets, i have got a pair of Sony ones & they work very well
Old 3 Jun 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2890802)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
usually end up with one earphone in and one out that way can hear RLM and everyone elses conversations plus the noise of the cars, we also have a camp radio rather than draining the car battery and letting the dust get in through the open windows.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 06:16 (Ref:2890878)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
usually end up with one earphone in and one out that way can hear RLM and everyone elses conversations plus the noise of the cars, we also have a camp radio rather than draining the car battery and letting the dust get in through the open windows.
That is my preferred way to do it also!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2891273)   #18
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post

So, any recommendations for the best way to hear Mr. Hindhaugh's Educated Tones?

Grundig S350 Deluxe AM/FM/Shortwave Radio w/Sennheiser PXC 250 Active Noise Canceling Headphones. These two puppies ain't cheap, but if you want to really hear what's going on and money is no object this is the way to go.
I don't have this particular radio but, I do have the headphones and these cans really cancel out the background noise in the loud environment.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 07:24 (Ref:2891329)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've already told everyone about my radio of choice now......

http://www.davronline.co.uk/product/...fs-quiet-tunes

Old 5 Jun 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2891345)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Now that ten-tenths seems to be the teams choice for invites, perhaps RLM might like to interview us and promote the forum aswell.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2891356)   #21
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Now that ten-tenths seems to be the teams choice for invites, perhaps RLM might like to interview us and promote the forum aswell.
All of us, of course!
Old 8 Jun 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2893473)   #22
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RLM having trouble for the last 20 minutes? Keeps cutting out then dies all together. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 8 Jun 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2893488)   #23
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes, brutal.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2893503)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've already told everyone about my radio of choice now......

http://www.davronline.co.uk/product/...fs-quiet-tunes

Jasus ..... you need a neck like the back of a jockys ballbag to support that bit if kit mate !!!
Old 8 Jun 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2893515)   #25
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
RLM having trouble for the last 20 minutes? Keeps cutting out then dies all together. Anyone else have this problem?
Yep got the same problems, anyone know of any fixes ??