Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2011, 14:05 (Ref:2894317)   #51
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I cant get it now ?

Ok ..... you gotta click the listen live button ..... I didnt need to do that yesterday .

Anyway , glad to have it .
Old 9 Jun 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2894318)   #52
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
They've changed the format on the website, the Listen Live button is now underneath the "menu" bar. Direct link to the player page: http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php
Old 9 Jun 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2894702)   #53
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone still having issues with the new RLM player mines played then cut out again ?
Old 12 Jun 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2897653)   #54
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I must admit that RLM did an excelent job on the lead battele, but both they and eurosport totaly neglected the gte pro battle that was just as hard fought and interesting with 3 makes and 5 cars leading for long periods. they just did updates. witch is poor considering that they are always telling everyone how excelent the class is, they should give it way more air time, of course it cant be on the same lvl as LMP1 air time. but at least a 2-1 ratio would be nice. BTW eurosport was plain redicilus, I dont think I saw one gte battle on the tlv, actualy thay did show a few but just when there is a move to pass , they shift to peugeut onboard down the straight, I mean its great to hear those LMP1s but there are far more interesting thinkgs happening on the track than a lonely peugeut driving in a straight line.

-also they should have one comentator/reporter to be dedicated only to the gte class, there were many times that they didnt know what was goning on in the class.
I must add that I only listen to RLM broadcast no matter who is doning the TV presentation. they are the best, and I hope they improve their GTE coverage in the future, I say this because with only folowing RLM and watching the race was not enough to know what was going on in gte pro/am
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2897658)   #55
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
I must admit that RLM did an excelent job on the lead battele, but both they and eurosport totaly neglected the gte pro battle that was just as hard fought and interesting with 3 makes and 5 cars leading for long periods. they just did updates. witch is poor considering that they are always telling everyone how excelent the class is, they should give it way more air time, of course it cant be on the same lvl as LMP1 air time. but at least a 2-1 ratio would be nice. BTW eurosport was plain redicilus, I dont think I saw one gte battle on the tlv, actualy thay did show a few but just when there is a move to pass , they shift to peugeut onboard down the straight, I mean its great to hear those LMP1s but there are far more interesting thinkgs happening on the track than a lonely peugeut driving in a straight line.
I could not even watch the Speed broadcast, it was unbearable. I switched to Eurosport. It was better (at least they had Hindy for a while), but still far from perfect. The problem is the ES commentators just did not pay attention. The battle for the GTE-Am lead was hot and heavy for a while between the Neiman car and the Larbre Corvette and the TV director was covering it, but I guess the ES people thought they were the Felbermayr and factory Corvette pro cars out on the track together because they never commented on it. A few minutes later, one of the commentators came on surprised as said something along the lines of "Wow, the Am battle is close!" Duh?

Same for the Pro battle. They interviewed Fisi and he discussed the engine problems. The commentators then sounded surprised when the Corvette took a big chunk out the lead just minutes later.

As for the TV directors, why do they insist on showing pictures of Ullrich and Quesnel seemingly every 5 seconds? It's almost as bad as ABC's Indycar coverage in the 80's when they insisted on showing video of the driver's wives every few seconds.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:11 (Ref:2897661)   #56
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
This is a podcast? It's stops after a few seconds.
No it doesn't. Use a proper media player.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 06:24 (Ref:2897765)   #57
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have one word for Radio Le Mans - Fantastic - As ever. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2897813)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly we missed out post-race meal last night with Paul Truswell - I think he was just too cream-crackered to think of eating and talking even more sportscars!

But for my money, it was a great success as always - although there were one or two advert breaks inserted - it seemed arbitrarily, but I presume as to a particular timing plan - which came at moments when we really wanted to know what was going on on the track....
Old 13 Jun 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2897934)   #59
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great call from RLM again. Ya gotta love Hindy's late race blasts at Peugeot, with A. Davidson copping it last year, and giving it to them with both barrels again this year.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2898390)   #60
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to say for my first visit to the race the RLM guys enhanced the experience tenfold. Superb coverage. Unmissable.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 13:03 (Ref:2898818)   #61
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I will also add to the congratulations to the RLM team, as always, first class stuff keeping those of us who love this race soo much as informed as ever.

Re the TV, I think you will find that Eurosport do not have control over the pictures, they get their stream from whoever is contracted by the ACO. So blame them for the pictures not Eurosport.

Trussers, Nick, Graham, John and Eve et ALL at Radioshow limited WELL DONE xx
Old 14 Jun 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2898855)   #62
Trussers
Rookie

Trussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrussers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sadly we missed out post-race meal last night with Paul Truswell - I think he was just too cream-crackered to think of eating and talking even more sportscars!

Sorry, Ayse. My main concern was being able to drive back to my digs afterwards... glad to hear so many of you enjoyed the coverage. It makes it all worthwhile!
Old 14 Jun 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2898875)   #63
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Coverage, as always, was great - but if I had a gripe it would be the lack of 'commentary' on the battle in the last hour or so. Listening to the radio if you were not at the track you really would have had no clue at to how intense the battle was, they did not regularly give the gap between the cars. Surely at that stage in the circumstances a commentary on the track action would be better than a general discussion?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2898966)   #64
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The real question is - when will Radio Le Mans do their own DVD again? When I was a toddler, I watched the RLM videos of '87, '89 and '90, not the usual Pingu. Please bring them back!
Old 14 Jun 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2898999)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not that it was bad before but i think this years RLM was excellent, the camp radio was on while we were in the camp and at least one earphone in while walking the track.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2899041)   #66
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RLM was absolutely brilliant! Loved the banter from here at home this year, had the pictures from BE and commentary from Hindy and the gang on RLM, much the best way IMHO.
Thanks for such amazing coverage year on year!
Old 14 Jun 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2899093)   #67
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I dont mean to beat a dead horse, but I found their gte coverage lacking. They almost never talked about the gte cars for more then 2min, and only updated from time to time. 90% of the gte race was not covered at all, and many times they didnt even know what was going on, who had mre fuel, who was on witch stint.... I think if they sing praises to the GTE all the time, they should at least have a dedicated reporter to folow them and have his stories traight. The only way you could have had an idea of what was realy going on in gte, was if you were glooed to the timing and scoring screens, while reading the race facts, and reading twitter messages from the teams.

I get that LMP1 brings in the big bucks, but with that many top class manufactures in gte I thought that they would have made the effort to bring in more fans and thus ensure the longevity of the class. **PS I love RLM, and alwasy only listen to them.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2899129)   #68
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The RLM people mainly look at the TV screens and the TV director focussed more the LMP1 battle...
Old 14 Jun 2011, 23:53 (Ref:2899152)   #69
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The RLM people mainly look at the TV screens and the TV director focussed more the LMP1 battle...
oh dont get me started on that idiot, he and who ever gave him his job should be publicly floged, I mean serosly, do you know how many times he's shown a battle in the gte class buiding up, and just as the a pass was being made he flips the camera, and when the timing refreshes the pass was made! I actualy scrached my tv when I flung a remote at it.*lucky it was CRT.

but I knew that was gonna happen on eurosport. But RLM is a radio show, why do they need to coment the tv pictures, It would have been much nicer if they had acess to all the cameras on track like a tv director, and chose witch ones to coment. But I guess there will never be any real or even semi real GTE coverage, excemt maybe in the ALMS, where there are no LMP left.

//even without camera acess, with a dedicated reporter on the scene they would have acess to much more information witch they could pass along to us. If I can get the gist of it from live timeing and the race facts pages, I am sure a man on the scene would be much more capable.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2899278)   #70
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
oh dont get me started on that idiot, he and who ever gave him his job should be publicly floged, I mean serosly, do you know how many times he's shown a battle in the gte class buiding up, and just as the a pass was being made he flips the camera, and when the timing refreshes the pass was made! I actualy scrached my tv when I flung a remote at it.*lucky it was CRT.

but I knew that was gonna happen on eurosport. But RLM is a radio show, why do they need to coment the tv pictures, It would have been much nicer if they had acess to all the cameras on track like a tv director, and chose witch ones to coment. But I guess there will never be any real or even semi real GTE coverage, excemt maybe in the ALMS, where there are no LMP left.

//even without camera acess, with a dedicated reporter on the scene they would have acess to much more information witch they could pass along to us. If I can get the gist of it from live timeing and the race facts pages, I am sure a man on the scene would be much more capable.
Sorry but...I have to say a couple of things here.

1 John and the team are in a little cubicle at the far end of the ACO building opp the pits, Eurosport are housed there also along with the television feeds. If they wanted to get "their own feeds" they would also need "their own cameras" and "their own camera men" etc. if you look on you tube you can see the McNish crash with several different commentaries....but mainly the same pictures, unless its from an I phone etc, its only the same as bernies F1 circus, also, I believe that cubicle is opposite a great big monitor at the end of the pit lane. Radio Le Mans costs money to put on and as you rightly say in your post ITS A RADIO, why on earth would they employ their own television production company?

2 When you say "A dedicated reporter on the scene"....can you tell me, which scene are you referring to?...the scene where the overtake began?.....the scene where it was half way through?...or the scene when the overtake was completed?.....lol.I think you will find that you ARE getting it from a "man on the scene" well actually, several men on the scene ..I believe RLM operated at least two people in the pit lane at any time, sometimes three (that is quite a long lane to cover) and they constantly talk to the teams. During the build up to the race they have several features and interviews with key players/drivers etc . During the race itself they NEVER cut to a magazine program or something like that and I take my hat off to them for talking through two and a half hours of SAFETY CAR (they do a far better job than F1....but then again...ITS A FAR BETTER RACE
Trussers is usually buried in a catalogue of screens/figures etc which at any time can be used to tell you if a car is due in or not or indeed, knowing Paul, the weight effect of the additional fly in the cockpit would have on the 908!

I dont think you do that bad but you have to be realistic, unfortunately the GTE class is NOT as headline grabbing as LMP1, iits a tuff life but its true and that television feed goes ALL AROUND THE WORLD...and...as is clearly demonstrated here ....you cant please all the people all the time.

Consider yourself lucky....I remember the Le Mans Classic last year ...it was incredibly hot and the RLM team had ONE CAMERA...which, from what I could make out...was a CCTV road camera of some description...produced some of the funniest and most entertaining radio I have heard in years....So...as I say ...I take my hat off to them
Old 15 Jun 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2899302)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trussers View Post
Sorry, Ayse. My main concern was being able to drive back to my digs afterwards... glad to hear so many of you enjoyed the coverage. It makes it all worthwhile!

No problems Paul, we'll perhaps organise something different next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The real question is - when will Radio Le Mans do their own DVD again? When I was a toddler, I watched the RLM videos of '87, '89 and '90, not the usual Pingu. Please bring them back!

Here here to that one!
Old 15 Jun 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2899305)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I dont mean to beat a dead horse, but I found their gte coverage lacking. They almost never talked about the gte cars for more then 2min, and only updated from time to time. 90% of the gte race was not covered at all, and many times they didnt even know what was going on, who had mre fuel, who was on witch stint.... I think if they sing praises to the GTE all the time, they should at least have a dedicated reporter to folow them and have his stories traight. The only way you could have had an idea of what was realy going on in gte, was if you were glooed to the timing and scoring screens, while reading the race facts, and reading twitter messages from the teams.

I get that LMP1 brings in the big bucks, but with that many top class manufactures in gte I thought that they would have made the effort to bring in more fans and thus ensure the longevity of the class. **PS I love RLM, and alwasy only listen to them.

I have to say I disagree. Jonny Palmer seemed to me to 'major' on the GTE battle and I would have said there was at least as much focus as before. But then perhaps I didn't notice itt so much as the LMPs are 95% of my focus at Le Mans.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2899421)   #73
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I do take my hat off to them, they are by far the best race comentator team there is. I have nothing but respect for them. what I ment about a reporter on the scene is that there be one reporter that is dedicated to GTE only and folwes the gTE battle closely and report about it.
about the TV screens I meant if they could get the feeds from all the cameres around the track from the ACO, not setup their own. just get better acess to the ones that are there, since they dont need to be looking at the produced show, but at the original info. but I guess they would have done that a long time ago if it was posible. Let me again ephesise that I think the RLM are the Best in the world, but even the best can be better, it was just a sugestion so they might improve on next year.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2899504)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I do take my hat off to them, they are by far the best race comentator team there is. I have nothing but respect for them. what I ment about a reporter on the scene is that there be one reporter that is dedicated to GTE only and folwes the gTE battle closely and report about it.
For my money, it isn't necessary, but I appreciate that the GT fans will look at it differently, bearing in mind the inevitable major focus on the LMPs.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 14:51 (Ref:2899526)   #75
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IIRC they did have a dedicated team member doing just that! I forget who it was now but he was solely concentrating on the GTE teams both Pro and Am. Obviously there will always be a heavy bias toward the premier LMP race but the GTE's were definitely not forgotten.
Still the N24 and Spa 24hrs are due soon for all GT fans to get their own fix without the prototypes getting all the limelight! Love em all!