Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Dec 2011, 22:00 (Ref:3005325)   #26
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have just come back from Dordogne. We had a nice Christmas there (foie gras, Oysters, Turkey and so on ).
Thank you for this thread Ayse.
Happy new year to all of you.

Pascal
Old 29 Dec 2011, 22:24 (Ref:3005330)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And to you Pascal - that mention of foie gras brings back good memories of this year!
Old 29 Dec 2011, 23:17 (Ref:3005354)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And to you Pascal - that mention of foie gras brings back good memories of this year!
My Christmas gift from 'The Terrible Twosome' this year was a generously sized bloc of foie gras and a jar of confit de vin blanc Montbazillac........
Old 30 Dec 2011, 08:17 (Ref:3005430)   #29
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
My Christmas gift from 'The Terrible Twosome' this year was a generously sized bloc of foie gras and a jar of confit de vin blanc Montbazillac........
Lucky Man !!!!
Old 30 Dec 2011, 18:44 (Ref:3005626)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you know where they purchased the bloc James? I'm looking for somewhere that sells some decent FG in the UK.....
Old 30 Dec 2011, 20:09 (Ref:3005664)   #31
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Do you know where they purchased the bloc James? I'm looking for somewhere that sells some decent FG in the UK.....
I realise that you live some distance from London, but any decent deli supplier in New Covent Garden will supply you with fresh foie gras. You could check your yellow pages for a local retail deli. They won't have it readily available, but should be able to obtain it for you.

Edit after a little research: Harvest Fine Foods in Christchurch: I don't know anything about them, but they may be a possibility.

Each lobe weighs around 600 - 700g and will be very expensive, but sliced, fried and served with something sharp and citrussy, the taste is fantastic.

www.ledelas.fr is the website of a supplier in Rungis, near Paris. I don't know if they can supply by mail order, but they're worth a visit and just looking at their site will make your mouth water!

Failing all that, try Auchan/Carrefour/Leclerc when next in France. They probably won't be able to supply fresh foie gras, but you'll be able to get a "bloc". Even "second best" is great!

Last edited by Le Vieux; 30 Dec 2011 at 20:14. Reason: Additional details
Old 30 Dec 2011, 20:19 (Ref:3005670)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Wish all of you a great time ..... and then get hammered !!!
Think I've started a little too early!
Old 30 Dec 2011, 21:51 (Ref:3005703)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks for the foie gras advice, Le Vieux - I definitely need a fix of it soon!
Old 31 Dec 2011, 06:40 (Ref:3005769)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It was purchased in France. They returned to Blighty a few days before Christmas.

Good advice from Le Vieux. There are any number of 'fine food' deli's in London these days, not to mention the food halls at Harrods and Selfridges, and Fortnum's of course.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 08:01 (Ref:3005776)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You see, you've done it now, haven't you?

I'm just gonna have to get some!
Old 31 Dec 2011, 09:17 (Ref:3005786)   #36
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It was purchased in France. They returned to Blighty a few days before Christmas.

Good advice from Le Vieux. There are any number of 'fine food' deli's in London these days, not to mention the food halls at Harrods and Selfridges, and Fortnum's of course.

Looks like we'll have to persuade him to leave rural 'ampshoire then....
Old 31 Dec 2011, 11:47 (Ref:3005826)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm a 'Hog' - born and bred! Only lived outside Hampshire when I was studying back in the 80s.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 12:20 (Ref:3005842)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Alternatively, you could always try these........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gourmet-Foie...5333992&sr=8-4

Old 31 Dec 2011, 16:03 (Ref:3005887)   #39
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Alternatively, you could always try these........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gourmet-Foie...5333992&sr=8-4

I think I'll give that one a miss.....

When I opened the page, it suggested that I might be interested in, amongst others:
www.confitdirect.co.uk

They should be able to supply what you're after - and not a trace of bubble gum in sight.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 17:51 (Ref:3005908)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I've found one or two good sources!
Old 31 Dec 2011, 18:32 (Ref:3005915)   #41
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
You turn FG into SAUCE?
Sheesh, and I was going to wish you a Happy New Year, too...

I'll just wish everyone ELSE a Happy, and Succesful, 2012!
Old 31 Dec 2011, 19:21 (Ref:3005937)   #42
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Wishing all the Le Mans Freaks a Happy New Year ...without Headache tomorrow .
Old 1 Jan 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3005991)   #43
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy new year to all of you, your friends, your family.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3006084)   #44
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy New Year to everybody at the forum!

I am so much looking forward to the 2012 season. Can't wait for the season opener at Sebring. Hope that Toyota can come up with some decent competition for the Diesels. Interesting to see what the Toyota engine can do in a factory works car - brushed up for the occasion with hybrid technology.

And I sure hope that the grand old trio of Audi get to spent a bit more time on the circuit de la Sarthe than last summer!
Old 3 Jan 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3006920)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, so much for the happy new year - in trying to escape the scrourge of the fallen trees in the New Forest this morning I drove through through a flood under a railway bridge. You can guess the rest..... Two hours waiting to be towed out and nipper says there is something fairly seriously bent in the engine. As the car is 11 years old and has 175,000 on the clock, I don't think I'm likely to be driving it again........and I'd just spent £500 having the front brakes completely replaced....
Old 4 Jan 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3007234)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well, so much for the happy new year - in trying to escape the scrourge of the fallen trees in the New Forest this morning I drove through through a flood under a railway bridge. You can guess the rest..... Two hours waiting to be towed out and nipper says there is something fairly seriously bent in the engine. As the car is 11 years old and has 175,000 on the clock, I don't think I'm likely to be driving it again........and I'd just spent £500 having the front brakes completely replaced....
Oh mate, sorry to hear your aquatic adventures have led to the demise of 'old faithful'. I trust you came out of the incident unscathed?

Has anyone mentioned, perchance, that you should have bought an Audi?
Old 4 Jan 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3007258)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Funnily enough, a certain RLM chappie has done just that........

Unscathed, apart from my pride.