Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jan 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3007717)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best place for photos?

I'm sure we've had a thread on this, or maybe it was wrapped up in other threads, anyway a chance to bring up to date..,

Where are the best places to take photos at Le Mans.

Indianapolis is annoying with its fencing. Where is fence free?
I quite like the Dunlop curves, you can high and get good car shots as well as atmospheric scene setting shots.

Any other suggestions, I have a new camera.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3007723)   #2
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends what time of day I think, I loved taking pics between Indianapolis and Arnage during the day but at sunrise Mulsanne was beautiful.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3007729)   #3
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I'm sure we've had a thread on this, or maybe it was wrapped up in other threads, anyway a chance to bring up to date..,

Where are the best places to take photos at Le Mans.

Indianapolis is annoying with its fencing. Where is fence free?
I quite like the Dunlop curves, you can high and get good car shots as well as atmospheric scene setting shots.

Any other suggestions, I have a new camera.
Have you ever been to Le Mans? If so, start looking at Flickr. There are loads of pictures there and most of the time you can find out nice places to take pictures. I liked Tertre Rouge, Dunlop Bridge and a couple of other places. You can look at my Flickr. This year I'm going to take a bike or small moped to get around more.
Ohw and don't forget to enter This competition when they start it up again. I got 2 free tickets because they selected my picture and they're going to hang my picture in the museum. Which is pretty awesome.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3007744)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Been every year since 1990. I have my opinions and given a couple. I am interested in other views, especially those who are used to taking a decent camera and have developed an eye for these things.

Thanks for the links
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3007801)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Without the slightest doubt in my mind Adam, the best place for photos by the media-vest-free spectator is on the inside at Tertre Rouge. You can get enough elevation there to completely avoid the fencing.

Photography now at Arnage and Indianapolis is virtually impossible, unless you get right down by the fence by 'the tree' near the entrance to the Arnage enclosure.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3007839)   #6
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
This year I was thinking about going to the Porsche curves to take pictures. I heard it also has a bit of banking and fences that are not to high... Anyone know if it's still possible to take pictures there?
Old 5 Jan 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3007845)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have done in the past - but I've not been back there for 3-4 years. As I recall, it was possible to either get above the fencing or use DoF to substantially reduce the intrusion. I'd like to get there myself this year.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3007846)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Without the slightest doubt in my mind Adam, the best place for photos by the media-vest-free spectator is on the inside at Tertre Rouge. You can get enough elevation there to completely avoid the fencing.
Oddly, we don't always go there. Thanks for the tip.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3007849)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think we spend more time there than anywhere else except our grandstand seats! It's particularly good to be there as it gets dark - either in the race, or practice - or both, as we did last year! Get's cold out there though.....
Old 6 Jan 2012, 05:51 (Ref:3008012)   #10
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can get clear photos of the cars exiting dunlop bridge on the crest if you have a good lens and stand just infront of the Tertre Rouge campsite (above the fenced of area where the storm catchment dam is its also the vehicle access road to tertre rouge)

Also you can photo cars head on through the esses theres a spot on the outside of the circuit where you have enough elivation and the fencing is staggered so you can shoot through the gap (always lots of people standing there with cameras you can't miss it approx 50m before the old tertre rouge tunnel)
Old 6 Jan 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3008053)   #11
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'd like to get there myself this year.
Likewise, and I'd also like to try the new bank on the inside of the entrance to the Curves, The fence there looks very low and I suspect photographers will get fence free photographs.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3008277)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Likewise, and I'd also like to try the new bank on the inside of the entrance to the Curves, The fence there looks very low and I suspect photographers will get fence free photographs.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to stand there next year and I had it in my head that the fence was lower. It could/should be seen as it is on a raised bank, but looking at the shots I took last year from the outside it doesn't seem to be overly low.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3008344)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

Let it be so, Mr. B.
Old 7 Jan 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3008576)   #14
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I haven't taken photos at Le Mans for ages.
The best places are where there is no fence or where you can see the cars over the fence, especially in the Ford chicane grandstand which access is free during the practice day.
I know some people who have the right equipment and the knowledge for this...
Old 7 Jan 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3008602)   #15
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/2762/zcdl9yf5_jpg
http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/2762/cjlwly89_jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2762/a8ra6u5b_jpg
http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2762/xogz8agx_jpg

My favourite Place is inside Tertre Rouge .
Old 7 Jan 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3008617)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Bold nicht gefunden!
Old 7 Jan 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3008620)   #17
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
tje23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
. I got 2 free tickets because they selected my picture and they're going to hang my picture in the museum. Which is pretty awesome.
Your flickr pictures are amazing. Is it OK to use a few in future YouTube videos?
Old 7 Jan 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3008630)   #18
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
url=http://www.imagesup.de/bild-IMG_JPG-114696.htm][/url]

Test with a new Uploader .
Old 7 Jan 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3008631)   #19
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
http://www.imagesup.de/bild-IMG_JPG-114697.htm
Old 7 Jan 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3008682)   #20
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Your pictures are not working mate.
Old 7 Jan 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3008691)   #21
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
http://www.imagesup.de/bild-IMG_JPG-114699.htm
http://www.imagesup.de/bild-IMG_JPG-114700.htm
http://www.imagesup.de/bild-IMG_JPG-114701.htm
http://www.imagesup.de/bild-IMG_JPG-114702.htm
http://www.imagesup.de/bild-IMG_JPG-114703.htm

Hope the new Uploader will be working .
Old 7 Jan 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3008696)   #22
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Yeah that works. Tertre rouge is pretty awesome for panning photo's. :P
Old 7 Jan 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3008697)   #23
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tje23 View Post
Your flickr pictures are amazing. Is it OK to use a few in future YouTube videos?
Sure if you link back to my pictures
Old 8 Jan 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3009118)   #24
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think we spend more time there than anywhere else except our grandstand seats! It's particularly good to be there as it gets dark - either in the race, or practice - or both, as we did last year! Get's cold out there though.....

indeed
Old 8 Jan 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3009157)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, but that was on Wednesday evening Berrnard - it was a darned sight colder on Saturday night!