Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3084711)   #26
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They mentioned the two lap difference on Radio Le Mans, too.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3084713)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who is 'they'? And what explanation, evidence did they give. I am asking in all seriousness. Then I will judge the credibility on that.
At the moment I do see a 1-2 lap difference, but with a different sign!

I get the feeling I'm not going to know until well into Saturday evening...
Old 3 Jun 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3084745)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed.

We inhabit a world full of theorists......
Old 3 Jun 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3084749)   #29
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Again where is the evidence?

The length of the long run stints can be found in the timing data of the morning and afternoon.
  • Audi #1: 11 laps (morning, lap 21-32), 12 laps (morning, lap 32-44), 11 laps (afternoon, lap 1-12)
  • Audi #2: 12 laps (morning, lap 12-24),
  • Audi #3: 12 laps (morning, lap 28-40), 12 laps (morning, lap 40-52)
  • Audi #4: 11 laps (morning, lap 2-13), 12 laps (morning, lap 27-39)
  • Toyota #7: 11 laps (morning, lap 8-19)
  • Toyota #8: 12 laps (afternoon, lap 4-16)*, 11 laps (afternoon, lap 16-27)
*There is something strange with the 12 lap run of the Toyota #8 because 4 laps last longer than 5 minutes.

The only conclusion that I can draw from these numbers is that Audi can 12 laps and Toyota probably only 11 laps.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3084752)   #30
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43
Who is 'they'? And what explanation, evidence did they give. I am asking in all seriousness. Then I will judge the credibility on that.
Don't know, I'm just passing through something I heard RLM saying. I'm not that much into the Audi-Toyota fight anyway (especially as the outcome is pretty clear), GTE and P1 privateer are my 'main thing'
Old 3 Jun 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3084754)   #31
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
*There is something strange with the 12 lap run of the Toyota #8 because 4 laps last longer than 5 minutes.
Those laps might be from the practice SC intervention period.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3084764)   #32
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Those laps might be from the practice SC intervention period.
Thanks, I only saw the last 2 hours of today's test day. That explains why Toyota managed to do an extra lap during that stint.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 03:48 (Ref:3084879)   #33
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be very disappointed if the R18 can run 1 more lap then the Toyota. However, instead of pointing a finger at the rules and regulations, just maybe Audi has improved their fuel economy while Toyota is learning.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3084932)   #34
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
This is a job well done by the Audi engine people. Last year the R18 could not manage 12 laps with 65 liter of diesel, but now they can with only 58/60 liter. And at the same time, the power output of the engine has not gone down a lot.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3084944)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And are we surprised they've managed to do that? Not a bit!
Old 5 Jun 2012, 04:14 (Ref:3085420)   #36
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I don't think Toyota or Audi have shown anything yet. It was only a practice day. The race will show what laps a stint consists of.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3085469)   #37
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Determining the fuel consumption is always on the todo list of the teams. In the past, test day has always been a good indication of the number of laps that cars can do with a full tank.

For instance, last year Paul Truswell observed from the test day that Audi could only do 11 lap stints whereas Peugeot could do 12 lap stints.

source: http://trussers.blogspot.com/2011/04...-times-at.html

Last edited by gwyllion; 5 Jun 2012 at 10:34.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 04:09 (Ref:3091234)   #38
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Wednesday and Thursday's sessions, has Toyota been able to run 12 lap stints yet?

They are in serious, serious trouble if they can only run 11 laps.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3091299)   #39
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
I looked at the timing data of all the sessions (available at http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/) and Toyota is not showing their cards

These are the long run of Toyota that I have been able to find.
SessionNo.DriverLapsAverage lap time
Free practice7Nakajima103:32.970
Qualifying 27Nakajima93:29.118
Old 15 Jun 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3091325)   #40
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm no engineer, but I cant't imagine the ones at Audi and Toyota are not able to calculate if the fuel they have left in the tank after an 11-lap stint is enough to do another lap (or 2...) As long as we don't know how much fuel is left after the stints, the stints we have seen may not be everything the cars are able to do.