Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3074559)   #76
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
andouillette? just looked it up and it sounds like offal think I will stick to burgers
Old 14 May 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3074578)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed about the andouillette and the saucisse as well....
Old 14 May 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3074581)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
A little warning about merguez eating:
http://www.lemans2006.co.uk/socks.htm
Parental guidance advised!!!!

Was that an attempt at the record number of expletives per paragraph? I don't claim to be Shakespeare, but at least I have a basic command of the English language.......

And merguez have never had that effect on me. Of course, if you choose to swill them down with 14 pints of beer, I can't offer any guarantees......
Old 16 May 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3075339)   #79
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm missing the main race again this year (oh the joys of running a small business), but a couple of suggestions to the OP and to Bella - who I've probably not seen for nigh on ten years...

Do try to get out into the "country", Arnage and Mulsanne corners at some point in the race. Mulsanne is particularly magical at dawn, especially when walking down the avenue of trees from the car park, as you hear the cars on absolutely full chat accelerating towards Indianapolis.

Arnage at night has a terrific atmosphere too, a lot more laid back than the main tribunes area, and we've been rewarded with more than our fair share of incident over the years - Brundle retiring a three-wheel Toyota, the cloudburst one opening lap, the Ascari self-immolating, an Audi R8 spearing backwards down the Indianapolis escape road...

As for catering, well, my vote is with Aysedasi - merguez et frites rather than tartiflette any day.

Driving to the circuit from Calais, the route onto the peage is simplicity itself, and is a very gentle introduction to continental driving. Rouen can be a bit of a shock to the system, and over the years we have taken to bypassing Rouen entirely, and taking a longer route via Yvetot, the Pont de Brotonne and rejoining the route south at Bourgtheroulde. It gets one back into the flow of driving on two-way roads on the right before being flung into city traffic and it also means Bourgtheroulde is a natural place for a lunch stop.

Actually, driving on the right does come naturally, and I find personally that the time I have to watch myself is when negotiating a supermarket car park. There is nothing obvious to remind you and so it is easy to pull backwards out of a space, point left and suddenly find yourself face to face with a Renault 4.
Old 16 May 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3075424)   #80
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
......... suddenly find yourself face to face with a Renault 4.
how many years since you were over there ? !?
Old 17 May 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3075624)   #81
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey - Monce en Belin isn't that wealthy a place. There's still a fighting chance.

And you're right, the pilgrimage has been on hold now since 2009 - but I did make it to the Classic in 2010 and if i can find the blasted passport in time, I'm supposed to be there this July too.

And yes, it was a Renault 4 - a blue one.
Old 17 May 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3075806)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Did it have a man in front with a red flag.......?
Old 17 May 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3075858)   #83
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Did it have a man in front with a red flag.......?

But actually Renault 4's are quite nice cars and not nearly as old as to have driven around when that law was still in place!
Old 17 May 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3075886)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I stand corrected.....
Old 17 May 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3075898)   #85
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
they might not be that old but the build quality means that I am surprised that there are any left on the road even in France
Old 25 May 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3079202)   #86
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
One of the guys I work with has a restored, and VERY shiny R4. He loves it. But then he is from Sicily... And it's still out there!