Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 7 Aug 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4065751)   #676
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Simon, but you don't need to point that out to me in every post......
Old 9 Aug 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4065996)   #677
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Pascual has asked if those that have tried the NHS qr code on the french covid app have got it to work, yep it worked for me so that part is ok, just need to sort out the test to get back home now
Old 9 Aug 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4066008)   #678
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, NHS vaccine QR codes loaded fine and accepted in TousAntiCovid app. Good to go!
Old 9 Aug 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4066013)   #679
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As might have been predicted all is not going as smoothly as intended.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...assport-chaos/
Old 9 Aug 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4066014)   #680
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given the information we have - it shouldn't be an issue. Crux of that article seemed to be Brits trying to use their domestic pass or paperwork and getting short shrift. Not really a surprise.

Not like the papers to stir anything up is it.

I'd assume if we can collectively get everything loaded into TousAntiCovid and it's not throwing up error messages anymore... surely...
Old 9 Aug 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4066015)   #681
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, NHS vaccine QR codes loaded fine and accepted in TousAntiCovid app. Good to go!
Maybe....

Email from ACO states that "Spectators from Non-EU countries" need a PCR or Antigen test 48 hours before going to the circuit.

Note that since brexit we are non-eu!

I am now very confused! I thought that as NHS certs are accepted by TAC that we were good to go as you say!
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4066019)   #682
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it appears that what they mean is non-eu countries who can’t generate a TAC code any other way will need a test. it’s the same wording for competitors and i’ve heard nothing to the contrary from the guys already there.

this is the problem with the aco. they spend twenty odd pages saying “no kissing strangers, don’t be dicks, if you’re stabbed and british or eu you’re cool everyone else you need to do these things” and contradict themselves at least 15 times
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4066021)   #683
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I've been mulling over that wording for a few days now, but I think it's fair to assume that if the TousAntiCovid app recognises and accepts our NHS vaccination QR codes then we'll be fine...added to which I, personally, still have a burgundy coloured EU passport which I will be using as my proof of identity.

I think the UK is probably the one non-EU exception.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4066023)   #684
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it appears that what they mean is non-eu countries who can’t generate a TAC code any other way will need a test. it’s the same wording for competitors and i’ve heard nothing to the contrary from the guys already there.

this is the problem with the aco. they spend twenty odd pages saying “no kissing strangers, don’t be dicks, if you’re stabbed and british or eu you’re cool everyone else you need to do these things” and contradict themselves at least 15 times
It's what I guessed, but thanks for the clarification, obviously there is no equivalent of KISS principles within the ACO
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4066024)   #685
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Yes, I've been mulling over that wording for a few days now, but I think it's fair to assume that if the TousAntiCovid app recognises and accepts our NHS vaccination QR codes then we'll be fine...added to which I, personally, still have a burgundy coloured EU passport which I will be using as my proof of identity.

Ok, I should have read my PM's before posting. Pascal has already queried this on our behalf with the ACO, and their response is that the TousAntiCovid app now accepts the NHS QR codes and that we should scan our QR codes into the app.

Le code QR délivré par le NHS est maintenant accepté sur l'application TousAntiCovid.
Nous vous invitions donc a leur dire de scanner leur code dans l'application.
Cordialement,

Sorted (in theory ).

And thank you Pascal!
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4066025)   #686
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:

I guess we will find out for sure on the 18th!
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4066028)   #687
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
It's what I guessed, but thanks for the clarification, obviously there is no equivalent of KISS principles within the ACO
at the aco it’s BISOUS - be incredibly sketchy or ultimately struggle

disclaimer: they do a great job but some things get lost in translation…
Old 9 Aug 2021, 17:39 (Ref:4066029)   #688
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you are able to scan your QR into the TAC app you are safe.
To test the generated TAC QR code you can scan it with the TAC verif' app ( use another phone) to be sure it can be read.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 18:06 (Ref:4066034)   #689
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Given the information we have - it shouldn't be an issue. Crux of that article seemed to be Brits trying to use their domestic pass or paperwork and getting short shrift. Not really a surprise.

Not like the papers to stir anything up is it.

I'd assume if we can collectively get everything loaded into TousAntiCovid and it's not throwing up error messages anymore... surely...
mte. people on the whole are incredibly poor at informing themselves. the excuses of being busy at work or having kids and it being too much to think about just aren’t good enough. this is what it is to travel now. the uk government has all the information right there on the website, the french government information is well laid out and easy to understand and the french embassy is very helpful.

i dare say if language is a barrier they shouldn’t be there on holiday in the first place. it’s not the french or uk government’s fault people can’t be arsed to do a google.
Old 9 Aug 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4066036)   #690
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
If you are able to scan your QR into the TAC app you are safe.
To test the generated TAC QR code you can scan it with the TAC verif' app ( use another phone) to be sure it can be read.
Didn't know I could get the verif app. Very cool, and my QR code came up valid. Thank you very much for the info, Rene!
Old 27 Feb 2022, 16:25 (Ref:4100520)   #691
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seeking information regarding streaming commentary.

Does any knowledgeable person know how much an hour's worth, say, of streaming commentary consumes in data ? Looking at the option of a prepaid eSIM for LM and N24 this year.
Old 27 Feb 2022, 16:48 (Ref:4100523)   #692
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Seeking information regarding streaming commentary.

Does any knowledgeable person know how much an hour's worth, say, of streaming commentary consumes in data ? Looking at the option of a prepaid eSIM for LM and N24 this year.
Perhaps, go to http://www.radiolemans.co start the stream and see the consumption on you local internet?
Old 27 Feb 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4100529)   #693
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Low quality audio at 96Kb/s = 0.7MB/min, ~44MB/hr, ~1.1GB for 24hrs
Medium quality at 160Kb/s = 1.2MB/min, ~72MB/hr, ~1.7GB for 24hrs
High quality at 320Kb/s = 2.4MB/min, ~144MB/hr, ~3.4GB for 24hrs

Your next question is what bitrate RLM use. I don't know but I very much doubt it is 320Kb. Nevertheless the above numbers should put you in the right area.
Old 27 Feb 2022, 18:54 (Ref:4100534)   #694
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Low quality audio at 96Kb/s = 0.7MB/min, ~44MB/hr, ~1.1GB for 24hrs
Medium quality at 160Kb/s = 1.2MB/min, ~72MB/hr, ~1.7GB for 24hrs
High quality at 320Kb/s = 2.4MB/min, ~144MB/hr, ~3.4GB for 24hrs

Your next question is what bitrate RLM use. I don't know but I very much doubt it is 320Kb. Nevertheless the above numbers should put you in the right area.
Thanks !
Old 27 Feb 2022, 21:35 (Ref:4100559)   #695
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We thinking RLM won't be back on site with an FM signal this year?
Old 27 Feb 2022, 21:46 (Ref:4100561)   #696
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
No, just options - and also thinking about N24 a couple of weeks earlier where there is no FM signal.

WEC also now has audio available on their app (was free in 2021 IIRC when I listened to it at VSCC Mallory).
Old 28 Feb 2022, 06:42 (Ref:4100589)   #697
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
We thinking RLM won't be back on site with an FM signal this year?
I'd be very surprised if they weren't. I'm strongly considering using the online stream again this year regardless, because I found it to be considerably more stable with better audio quality through wireless bluetooth headphones than through wireless FM ear defenders. The only downside was the 30 second delay...

I didn't perceive it using up very much of my data allowance at all.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 01:51 (Ref:4104573)   #698
modela
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver, BC
modela should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all. Been awhile since I have posted but I do keep an eye on things here. Question-does anyone know what the date for 2023 is? Thanks for any help.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4104607)   #699
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
Hi all. Been awhile since I have posted but I do keep an eye on things here. Question-does anyone know what the date for 2023 is? Thanks for any help.
Not sure it's been confirmed but should be 17/18 June
Old 28 Mar 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4104678)   #700
modela
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver, BC
modela should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Mike. I'm trying to sort the viability of going to N24 and Lemans next year. Cheers!
Closed Thread