Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3258579)   #26
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Of course I deserve this, otherwise I would'nt have been born here.

I deserve this race because I've got tremendous problems with flight anxiety. As long as I can get to Heathrow Airport where my heart has pumped itself half to death I deserve it!

I hadn't gone anywhere in over 3 years until last year (literally, not anywhere out of my state) because of flight anxiety. So I deserve it, yes...
Old 6 Jun 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3258603)   #27
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wouldn't miss the birth of a child to go

I'll state right here, should that awful event occur... I promise to hold up a cardboard cut out of you for the Ten-Tenths meeting while you sit surrounded by nappies. After all, what are friends for?
Old 6 Jun 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3258606)   #28
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
I'll state right here, should that awful event occur... I promise to hold up a cardboard cut out of you for the Ten-Tenths meeting while you sit surrounded by nappies. After all, what are friends for?
You're closer to that than me mate barring disaster on my end!
Old 6 Jun 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3258666)   #29
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
You're closer to that than me mate barring disaster on my end!
No kids here, the Mrs doesn't want any sprogletts.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3258707)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I can't remember why now but back in 2004 I didn't go after having gone for the previous 3 or 4 years, but was like a bear with a sore head all weekend at home. Sooooo the wife just said, no, not never again, i'm not putting up with this another time, just go from now on! And I have.

So no real justification needed anymore

I used to go with a friend called Peter (Pierre while we were in France... ). He came for about 4 years on the trot then was persuaded to miss a year for a holiday with his partner. Afterward, his partner told my missus,'Don't EVER tell him he can't go. All I heard while we were away was where he would have been at that time of the day - every hour!'
Old 6 Jun 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3258714)   #31
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Of course I deserve this, otherwise I would'nt have been born here.
That's a good one!
Old 6 Jun 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3258716)   #32
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Guys, you can plan the birth of a child! Make sure the baby does not come in april, may or june! Don't be silly put a condom on your willy ( at least during summer and fall! )
Old 6 Jun 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3258759)   #33
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No, that''s fine, if you're a free bird and have no need for a reason.... Perhaps it's an older person with partner, kids and mortgage thing......
So true. Looking at myself, I do so very much deserve it for I haven't taken up any holiday days outside Le Mans. The crisis has hit us hard and it is a real struggle for me to make it to the hallowed grounds again.
I have to say, my other half is allways on my side concerning Le Mans.
This'll be my 18th 24 hours of which she accompanied me for 14 years. Due to our little lad she's had to miss it for too many years allready now and I do miss her the last couple of years. Next year our son'll probably be able to hold it out for five days with grandma, so I'll be expecting her to finally join me again.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3258769)   #34
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I deserve this race because I've got tremendous problems with flight anxiety. As long as I can get to Heathrow Airport where my heart has pumped itself half to death I deserve it!

I hadn't gone anywhere in over 3 years until last year (literally, not anywhere out of my state) because of flight anxiety. So I deserve it, yes...
I guess that makes this trip like an expidition for you.

Has anyone ever told you that statistically, after the elevator, planes are the safest way of transport? Maybe that'll help you a little...
Old 7 Jun 2013, 01:11 (Ref:3258779)   #35
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not Le Mans as such but after recently finishing and doing reasonably well in my degree I feel I've earnt the right to treat myself so I'm doing this years Spa 24. Should be a belting race with 70 odd GT3 cars taking part, Le Mans will have to wait until next year unless I manage to grab a last minute cancellation with accommodation/Tickets included in which case it will be LM instead of Spa.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 05:51 (Ref:3258821)   #36
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My daughter was born on 30 December just gone. Perfect timing
This is my kind of celebration to wet the wee one's head, as my friends are all dotted around the UK. So I certainly deserve it.

It's difficult to strike a balance between "I'm doing this" and not taking the ****. I mean, I don't have to ask my partner for permission or anything but she's already said that me going to Le Mans once every two years is fine with her. Just need to convince her than an annual pilgrimage is better for all. She's already expressed a wish to come when the little one's a bit older.

Now if I could just transfer the passion to my daughter, we'll/I'll be fine. We already watched Daytona & Dubai when she was mere weeks old, so that was certainly a good start. A trip to the Norisring (DTM ) or Sachsenring (GT Masters! ), then the Nürburgring is the next part of the plan.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 06:30 (Ref:3258827)   #37
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, my wife's current time off in summer is the first two weeks of July, and the month of August, so...

We made it to Le Mans back in '07 when the stars aligned (seriously). We love France, and the 24, and she would have no problem ever going back for Le Mans.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 7 Jun 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3258884)   #38
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Guys, you can plan the birth of a child! Make sure the baby does not come in april, may or june! Don't be silly put a condom on your willy ( at least during summer and fall! )
My parents didn't get the memo - I'm May 27th, my sister is June 11th.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3259158)   #39
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't deserve it, Ayse. I must go to Le Mans.