Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Feb 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3363195)   #1
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2015 questions

Hey guys n gals....I'm thinking of making my first trip to lemans next year, I've just got a few questions about tickets etc.

I've had a look on the Le Mans website, general admission is 73 euros, does this let you go everywhere on the circuit as a spectator (not grandstands obviously) or not, I've seen tickets for 13 euros for mulsanne/arnarge, so do you have to pay that on top of the 73 euros to get into those areas?

Has anyone got any advice on grandstands?, are they advisable, which are the best?

Camping....what size plot do you get? What are the facilities like? Which are the best campsites? Is it better to camp or try to get a hotel nearby

When is it advisable to buy tickets?...ASAP or can it be left until later?

How easy is it to get to lemans by car, and how easy is it to get into the track/campsite

Is it advisable to get there tues/weds or can it be left until later?

When your at the track, is it easy to get in and out of, I wouldn't mind going to Le Mans town....is it close enough to walk to for things like the drivers parade or is it a quick car trip?

Any other useful advice for a newbie would be great!

Adam

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 2 Feb 2014 at 10:45.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3363203)   #2
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/

This is as good a guide as any. I know its 2013's version, but the campsite and access info is (and hopefully will still be in 2015) relevant.

Its written by fans with many years experience of the event down the years.

By way of planning for 2015, maybe you should visit in 2014, watch the race and then your planning for 2015 will be a lot easier.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3363209)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post

This is as good a guide as any. I know its 2013's version, but the campsite and access info is (and hopefully will still be in 2015) relevant.

By way of planning for 2015, maybe you should visit in 2014, watch the race and then your planning for 2015 will be a lot easier.
Hahaha I'd love to do that, but it's something me n my mum have always wanted to do together.....she's a teacher so can't bunk off work!.....retiring at the end of the year though so 2015 might be on :-)
Old 2 Feb 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3363214)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have a look in this thread:
LM24 Le Mans - the FAQ's
Specifically this post I made earlier to a similar question (about what sections of the track you can watch for free)
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...31#post3353631
Old 2 Feb 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3363264)   #5
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post

That club arnage guide is brilliant
Old 2 Feb 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3363294)   #6
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Club Arnage guide was a life saver on my first visit. The FAQ thread on here is starting to become a good store of info too.

I'm sure if you've specific questions lots of us will be happy to wade in with some help. I've no doubt a few things will cross your mind between now and June 2015...
Old 2 Feb 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3363311)   #7
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
For a first timer my advice would be to use an agent.
They have many years of experince and the ACO Can be hard to handle.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3363336)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
For a first timer my advice would be to use an agent.
They have many years of experince and the ACO Can be hard to handle.
Any suggestions on which ones?
Old 2 Feb 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3363380)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hello.
Joining us at the Saturday meeting, three hours before the start, is a must do.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3363775)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Any suggestions on which ones?
I recommend 1st Tickets. Other ticket agencies are available......
Old 4 Feb 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3363952)   #11
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
I use select-motorsport as an agent.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3366073)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I use On Site Events. Very good and give good service and advise about what they have on offer.