Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3411065)   #1
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Disgraceful Australian Le Mans TV Coverage

Although I am not personally affected because I am going to the event this year people in Australia should be aware of the massive cut back in TV coverage the race is receiving this year.
In the past years Eurosport has shown all qualifying live as well as the entire race.In addition Speed Channel has also shown the race using the American commentary feed.This year Speed has telecast live all of Silverstone and Spa and had 3 hour highlights packages of each race.
This year Speed is showing neither the race live or has any highlights package.Eurosport has cut their practice/qualifying coverage down from 4 hours per day to 1 hour.In addition and most importantly they are not showing any of the first 5 hours of the race and then after 2 hours they go off to an athletics meet for several hours.At the time the race starts they are actually showing a replay of tennis that is also telecast on Fox Sports!Also there are no daytime replays of practice/qualifying as in past years.
Since they started in Australia in 2010 Eurosport has prioritised the race.This year they are just filling in gaps in their schedule with it.
It is not as though Foxtel don't value the event.In their program magazine for June it is the lead story in the Sport section.In case you are wondering not even Foxtel can provide a contact email address for Eurosport Australia.
Old 26 May 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3411092)   #2
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Although I am not personally affected because I am going to the event this year people in Australia should be aware of the massive cut back in TV coverage the race is receiving this year.
In the past years Eurosport has shown all qualifying live as well as the entire race.In addition Speed Channel has also shown the race using the American commentary feed.This year Speed has telecast live all of Silverstone and Spa and had 3 hour highlights packages of each race.
This year Speed is showing neither the race live or has any highlights package.Eurosport has cut their practice/qualifying coverage down from 4 hours per day to 1 hour.In addition and most importantly they are not showing any of the first 5 hours of the race and then after 2 hours they go off to an athletics meet for several hours.At the time the race starts they are actually showing a replay of tennis that is also telecast on Fox Sports!Also there are no daytime replays of practice/qualifying as in past years.
Since they started in Australia in 2010 Eurosport has prioritised the race.This year they are just filling in gaps in their schedule with it.
It is not as though Foxtel don't value the event.In their program magazine for June it is the lead story in the Sport section.In case you are wondering not even Foxtel can provide a contact email address for Eurosport Australia.
So it is Eurosport that is being disgraceful, and commercially ruthless.....not something in Australia per se....
Old 27 May 2014, 01:55 (Ref:3411125)   #3
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
So it is Eurosport that is being disgraceful, and commercially ruthless.....not something in Australia per se....
Yes however Speed advertised at the start of the year they would be showing Le Mans.In Australia all pay TV runs through 1 network.Speed decided not to take up their rights because it appears they thought Eurosport would be showing their usual coverage.Speed have access to "red button" channels which means they can show multiple events at the one time.
It is Eurosport who have ditched the first 5 hours of Le Mans for replays of tennis and cycling.
Old 29 May 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3412139)   #4
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Eurosport is showing the whole race live in most of the world it is just some fool in charge of Asia/Pacific programming who has decided Tennis and Cycling replays are a higher priority than the world's greatest motor race.
Old 29 May 2014, 02:54 (Ref:3412157)   #5
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, sounds pretty grim for us Aussie fans. Bit different to when One HD actually showed a decent amount of FTA coverage a couple of years ago and even the live stream they ran last year.

I don't have Foxtel, so it was never really an option anyway, but what are our options this year? Will there be a live stream (free or paid) we can get?
Old 29 May 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3412159)   #6
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't have foxtel either there should be some online streams. I have used this before if you can get past the annoying pop ups. http://cricfree.eu/live/index.php
Old 29 May 2014, 03:32 (Ref:3412163)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
I don't have Foxtel, so it was never really an option anyway, but what are our options this year? Will there be a live stream (free or paid) we can get?
The paid one on fiawec.com, plus of course bunch of random not-so-official ones.
Old 29 May 2014, 09:07 (Ref:3412248)   #8
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
The paid one on fiawec.com, plus of course bunch of random not-so-official ones.
I think the WEC stream is geo locked in Australia because Speed paid a rights fee for it and use it for their WEC telecasts.As I have posted there are 2 pay networks that have paid for the rights to show the race.One is not showing it and the other is providing a pitiful reduced coverage.
Old 29 May 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3412445)   #9
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I think the WEC stream is geo locked in Australia because Speed paid a rights fee for it and use it for their WEC telecasts.As I have posted there are 2 pay networks that have paid for the rights to show the race.One is not showing it and the other is providing a pitiful reduced coverage.
I wouldn't think so unless someone actually can confirm this being the case (in past two races).
Old 29 May 2014, 23:31 (Ref:3412547)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The official WEC stream is available in the UK despite a broadcaster having the rights. It seems to be a separate deal?
Old 31 May 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3413013)   #11
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Change in policy!Speed is now showing the entire race although it moves around Channels a bit due to Moto GP
Old 31 May 2014, 05:03 (Ref:3413017)   #12
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The official WEC stream is available in the UK despite a broadcaster having the rights. It seems to be a separate deal?
We'll I hope this is the case because in the US Le Mans is going to be hacked up between fs1 and fs2,we don't get fs2 in my town.i would pay again for the wec app again as long as I can watch an uninterrupted stream?