Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jun 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3425200)   #26
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After deciding to give 2014 a miss, 2015 is a must.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3425250)   #27
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I will be there with my crew as usual.

Due to the uncertainty over the MB campsite we are going to try Houx in 2015 so any tips are welcome as I have not been there since 1983 when it was a very different place
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3425322)   #28
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, of course
Old 23 Jun 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3425412)   #29
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This could be the only Le Mans I ever miss out of choice

I would be gutted to miss out, but next year it will probably fall just after I finish my finals. I'm not sure I want to miss out on any of my final few weeks with my housemates and Uni friends. It only happens to you once.

Think it will be difficult seeing you all get excited in 11 months time, but I would probably regret missing those final few weeks without any work to do with no care in the world before going into the grown-ups' world for the rest of my life.

If I do go, it will be a Eurostar or plane job, and just for the race itself.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3425414)   #30
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Getting married three weeks beforehand, so I kind of promised myself I wouldn't go in 2015, so as to pave the way for annual visits for the rest of my life from 2016.

Not really a question of permission or whether my fiancee would be mad, more a financial thing. Can't really justify spending €500 on LM24 when there's a hell of a lot more stuff to pay for.

Next year will be my annus sacrificilus, if you will, and it will kill me!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3425502)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Can't really justify spending €500 on LM24 when there's a hell of a lot more stuff to pay for.
Hmmm, that sounds like a budget trip to me!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3425503)   #32
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Precisely my point. That would be doing it on the cheap!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3425507)   #33
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fifth year for Simmi and I, feels like yesterday we were discussing going while at university.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3425514)   #34
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will be - and I intend to be at the tenths pre race wine / beer drinking session for the first time in years!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3425518)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it's about time Sam. This was 2009!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7163.JPG  
Old 23 Jun 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3425535)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well Sam we will be there and i suspect if you do make it to the meet your appearance on RLM might be effected by some of the cheese/drink that is now a tradition of meeting a few sips of the rocket fuel could either loosen your vocal cords or cause a background of snoring in the RLM studio. Either way it will be good to see you there again
Old 23 Jun 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3425539)   #37
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Oh yeah, I'll be trying to bring some of the rocket fuel again next year, since people seemed to enjoy it. In a masochistic sort of way.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 22:12 (Ref:3425626)   #38
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Oh yeah, I'll be trying to bring some of the rocket fuel again next year, since people seemed to enjoy it. In a masochistic sort of way.
Went down a treat Victor...just wish I could remember what it tasted like
Old 23 Jun 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3425634)   #39
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
I will be - and I intend to be at the tenths pre race wine / beer drinking session for the first time in years!
Hope you can make it Sam.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3425644)   #40
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was planning on it this year but the ACO conference got in the way…

that pic looks so old!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3425776)   #41
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
A more recent one:

I was going to go over and say hello, but I was a bit worse for wear and wasn't sure whether it actually was you It was probably for the best that I didn't go over, to be honest!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3425906)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Went down a treat Victor...just wish I could remember what it tasted like
i was about to say "it tasted like a hangover" but then remembered.... there was no hangover. is the rocket fuel the holy grail??

unless it's still lurking waiting to pounce. or the past 10 days of disrupted, yet comatose sleep have actually *been* the hangover...
Old 24 Jun 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3426005)   #43
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who is attending? EVERYONE, according to Mat Fernandez.

Expect busy @24heuresdumans in 2015: tried to book hotel nights on wk June 13/14 or 20/21: Fully booked already! @radiolemans @traveldest
Old 24 Jun 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3426008)   #44
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
That's why campsites exist.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3426021)   #45
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Who is attending? EVERYONE, according to Mat Fernandez.

Expect busy @24heuresdumans in 2015: tried to book hotel nights on wk June 13/14 or 20/21: Fully booked already! @radiolemans @traveldest
To be fair a lot of hotels won't have opened their booking for that far in advance yet. Obviously that's not to say that booking a hotel around those dates will be a piece of cake, but I wouldn't spread doom and gloom quite yet, and, as Victor says, campsites exist for a reason.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3426033)   #46
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
meeting

Hi
May we put our forum nickname on us during the ten tenths meeting to help everyone ?
Old 26 Jun 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3426838)   #47
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
We have the confirmed date according to the official website: June 13/14. Planning efforts can therefore start NOW.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3426845)   #48
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good news. Like that for a date. Will have to start a bit of pre-ordering.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3426846)   #49
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink yes

The 24h will take place as you've writed on the 14th and 15 of June

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Qubu_d4uE
Old 26 Jun 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3426859)   #50
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Quote:
I was going to go over and say hello, but I was a bit worse for wear and wasn't sure whether it actually was you It was probably for the best that I didn't go over, to be honest!
Twas me - I alway pop along to the parade. Got a bit bored this year and went for dinner instead. But the angle suggests that you may have been dressed as a ww2 fighter pilot??