Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Jun 2016, 11:06 (Ref:3654127)   #76
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Several of my friends had serious delays yesterday, glad i went back sunday
Old 21 Jun 2016, 11:19 (Ref:3654131)   #77
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Several of my friends had serious delays yesterday, glad i went back sunday
Essentially a five hour delay with the Tunnel (booked on the 1806, got on the 2250). Nothing to do with strikes, or indeed tighter passport controls, just consequences of a failed train / power outage on one of their busiest days.

Not ideal, and would have appreciated a bit more communication from Eurotunnel (especially as they were able to text me on Monday morning about extra passport checks, but not about the delays), but just one of those things.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3654134)   #78
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
had some friends who started queueing on the motorway at around 3pm, made it through passport control at 8.30pm (for an 8pm booking) and didn't get on a train until about 1am... i suspect their booking system can't handle irregular operations particularly well!
Old 27 Jun 2016, 11:21 (Ref:3655372)   #79
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to an article in The Observer (via Facebook), it was down to refuges creating a roadblock and stoning British Drivers stuck on the motorway.....

We asked at passport control on the Tuesday and they said nothing like that had happened (we had heard about the outage)
Old 27 Jun 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3655400)   #80
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well some of us will be going through it all again in under 2 weeks for the classic, like to see some one try and stow away in my car and me not notice
Old 27 Jun 2016, 15:06 (Ref:3655406)   #81
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well some of us will be going through it all again in under 2 weeks for the classic, like to see some one try and stow away in my car and me not notice
Is that an invitation???
Old 27 Jun 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3655457)   #82
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Is that an invitation???
Well it is an MR2 roadster so no boot (trunk) room under the bonnet(hood) for a small handbag (or pair of underpants/socks) and the passenger seat contains my tent,sleeping bag, mattress, pillow, cooking stuff ad cloths with a chair behind my seat and a table behind the passenger seat, not even room for a `toothbrush left,