Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Feb 2023, 11:05 (Ref:4142953)   #251
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great race and decent field considering Australia has been very hard to get to in recent years.

Good you tube feed and lots of full replay chunks up asap - no 2 week or so wait like some WEC events.

Tyres held up very well (almost 2 well on double stints)

3rd team not too happy on podium, especially as main two drivers at end were in same team at Rolex!
Old 7 Feb 2023, 21:23 (Ref:4143040)   #252
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I realize that as Australia is a long way from here in Europe, the hours must be longer as well, and a 12h race still going, 16 hours or so later...

I clearly had not had any coffee yet...
Did you forget to add in the station breaks for adverts?
Old 8 Feb 2023, 00:13 (Ref:4143054)   #253
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
Rossi drove the WRT Audi R8 last season in the Fanatec GT World Challenge (12 races - inc Spa 24).

WRT have swapped to the BMW M4 for this season and Rossi has already had seat time in the BMW not only in testing but also raced in the Dubai 24 last month.
I think Rossi is taking to the M4 quite well so far.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 09:38 (Ref:4143088)   #254
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Did you forget to add in the station breaks for adverts?

I always think it must be so hard on the cars tyres and drivers in these enduros, when they have to stop constantly for adv breaks, and then start racing again after the ads.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4143179)   #255
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
I think Rossi is taking to the M4 quite well so far.
First race ive watched in a while while using live timing, hard to judge apples with apples because some guys were fuel saving but he wasnt far off the pace of the other BMW. Consistently slower than the other PROs BUT not by a huge amount thats to be expected imo. Thing that surprises me with Rossi is his lack of obvious mistakes bar the missing of his pit crew in his first race. I cant remember a time where he has crashed or hit anyone else and for someone with limited experience racing at this level against other pros i think thats impressive.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4143259)   #256
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Race ended 30 minutes to early.
Perhaps but I suspect "Mad Maro" as RLM dubbed him was out of both hours are tyres at the end... he would have been fighting Mr Campbell, whose quiet, unobtrusive, metronomic consistency would be interesting to see

Mr Gounon was definitely out of tyres at the drop of the chequered..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Feb 2023, 20:05 (Ref:4143316)   #257
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
What a pleasure to watch a race without stupid contrived safety car pit procedures. The lucky dog thing is nonsense, obviously, but the rest is great because it's simple. The pit lane is always open. Take your chances!
Yep, the simplicity of the race made for great viewing despite the relatively low entry, no over regulated rules on compulsory pit stops, etc. Great fight at the end with the top 3 and Mostert 65 team recovered really well. It would have been good to see some more Italian machinery.
Old 10 Feb 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4143394)   #258
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The drip feed of car announcements for Kyalami continues. So far we have:
The Bathurst winning Sunenergy1 AMG
Grove Racing Porsche (not sure if it's the car that crashed out of Bathurst)
At least one WRT BMW M4
A local AMG from Stradale Motorsport
2 Audi Customer Racing South Africa R8s
Old 11 Feb 2023, 04:43 (Ref:4143426)   #259
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
At least one WRT BMW M4
Certainly under 2 weeks out from practice starting and a total of 13 entries is a worry.
(I dont see the Grove car on the current entry list on the IGTC website, though I know Grove's website said they are running all 5 IGTC events. Maybe they dont have a car available after Bathurst )

Entry list: https://www.intercontinentalgtchalle...kyalami-9-hour
Old 11 Feb 2023, 05:07 (Ref:4143428)   #260
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Certainly under 2 weeks out from practice starting and a total of 13 entries is a worry.
(I dont see the Grove car on the current entry list on the IGTC website, though I know Grove's website said they are running all 5 IGTC events. Maybe they dont have a car available after Bathurst )

Entry list: https://www.intercontinentalgtchalle...kyalami-9-hour
That was the one from 2021. But I don't think we'll see a much better field than that. If it was good, SRO would have released it a long time ago.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 05:18 (Ref:4143429)   #261
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
That was the one from 2021. But I don't think we'll see a much better field than that. If it was good, SRO would have released it a long time ago.
Whoops. My bad. I must admit I did wonder why there was a Not Available against the Kyalami date in the 'other' entries heading on their website.

Thanks for the correction.

Hopefully we get some good news on this years entry in the coming days.
Old 13 Feb 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4143595)   #262
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
At least one WRT BMW M4
A second WRT M4 has been confirmed
Old 14 Feb 2023, 17:49 (Ref:4143704)   #263
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
A second WRT M4 has been confirmed
GruppeM AMG confirmed
Old 17 Feb 2023, 03:19 (Ref:4143980)   #264
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Five days to event start and entry list still not out.

(Or at least not here: https://www.intercontinentalgtchallenge.com)
Old 17 Feb 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4143988)   #265
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would not judge the entry list at face value as there are a lot of circumstances that are affecting Kyalami and the Bathurst race
I feel for SRO - Kyalami and Bathurst are probably in the wrong part of the year surrounded by Daytona and Asian Le Mans Series(Auto invitation to Le Mans)
A more traditional October-February Asian Le Mans calendar might make it more appealing for other teams to go to these races
Couple that with supply chain issues and issues with transporting equipment across long distances I can see why teams would skip Bathurst and Kyalami. Bathurst is helped by a healthy local racing environment but not sure how many gt3 teams and races happen in South Africa to make up for low numbers coming from Europe or the US
Also what are the travel, entry requirements for SA , are they back to normal or still have restrictions?

I guess we got to the point where GT3 being the universal GT class has over saturated the market so some races will miss out
Old 17 Feb 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4144018)   #266
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GruppeM, Sun Energy, WRT x2, Attempto x2, Grove, Stradale, maybe 2x local Audi’s

That’s 10
Old 17 Feb 2023, 18:51 (Ref:4144050)   #267
Mike E
Veteran

There are no travel restrictions but there is also almost no local GT3 activity. I hope they are able to make the race sustainable somehow.
Old 17 Feb 2023, 19:37 (Ref:4144055)   #268
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Add SPS Automotive
Old 19 Feb 2023, 12:36 (Ref:4144159)   #269
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprised they replaced Rossi with Eng....
Old 19 Feb 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4144208)   #270
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Surprised they replaced Rossi with Eng....
I believe he’s concentrating on the GTWCE so is staying in Europe to get some testing miles under his belt.
Old 20 Feb 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4144283)   #271
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Three teams enter Kyalami SuperCup, to be held during first hour of Kyalami 9 Hour:

- No. 3 NGK Pablo Clark Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Mikaeel Pitamber
- No. 11 BigFoot Express Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Sun Moodley
- No. 51 MJR Audi R8 LMS GT4 of Joseph Ellerine

13 cars on the provisional entry list for the IGTC Kyalami 9 Hour!

Last edited by Juntos; 20 Feb 2023 at 17:43.
Old 20 Feb 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4144287)   #272
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Full entry list:
https://www.intercontinentalgtchalle...meeting_id=134
Old 20 Feb 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4144292)   #273
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 cars for a 9 hour race. That's over a car an hour, impressive!
Old 20 Feb 2023, 21:23 (Ref:4144316)   #274
Bcarr6
Veteran

Got to start questioning this event now. Either fix the scheduling or scrap it.

Not enough local teams to support it, and the European teams outside of those with factory support have no interest in its current positioning.
Old 21 Feb 2023, 11:04 (Ref:4144340)   #275
Mike E
Veteran

Yep, starting to look silly. Such a shame covid scuppered the WEC plans for Kyalami. At least that series turns up with its own cars.

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/r...84903/4984903/