Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 May 2022, 08:06 (Ref:4109504)   #126
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
It did have appeal at Oulton Park on Easter Monday as we slowly queued to get in ... or perhaps it's something to do with the environment / ambiance in which it is presented.

As I have said before elsewhere, I am sure that the challenge of driving Silverstone quickly is one the drivers relish. Unless you simply want to "have been there", it's less attractive for us humble spectators.
I concur with you regarding Oulton Park. I got there pretty early but was amazed at the number of cars already there at 8am. I would have gone to Silverstone but did my back in and didn't fancy doing a lot of walking and sitting somewhere that didn't allow me to follow the race fully.
As others have said, Silverstone don't seem to care much about anything other than F1, MotoGP and the Classic.
Old 10 May 2022, 10:55 (Ref:4109520)   #127
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm another that has given up with Silverstone - the spectator experience there is awful compared with every other circuit I've been to. The only good experience at Silverstone was years ago when we rocked up on the Friday evening ahead of a race weekend and were given loads of food by the Williams F1 team that were packing up from a test (the rest of the weekend was standard Silverstone - toilets and showers not cleaned once whilst we were there.)

Is the Silverstone race result provisional still or have they sorted out the mess now? (It was only going to be provisional as there was an outstanding appeal of the Oulton result meaning that the success penalties on the pitstops couldn't be applied at Silverstone so would be added once the Oulton result was ratified).
Old 10 May 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4109528)   #128
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm another that has given up with Silverstone - the spectator experience there is awful compared with every other circuit I've been to. The only good experience at Silverstone was years ago when we rocked up on the Friday evening ahead of a race weekend and were given loads of food by the Williams F1 team that were packing up from a test (the rest of the weekend was standard Silverstone - toilets and showers not cleaned once whilst we were there.)

Is the Silverstone race result provisional still or have they sorted out the mess now? (It was only going to be provisional as there was an outstanding appeal of the Oulton result meaning that the success penalties on the pitstops couldn't be applied at Silverstone so would be added once the Oulton result was ratified).
The results of Oulton Race 2 and Silverstone will remain provisional until the National Court heard RAM's appeal.
Old 10 May 2022, 17:22 (Ref:4109588)   #129
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the sight of a full grid of GT cars especially when driven by some very talented drivers but as others have said Sillystone offers nothing for spectators. Just watched the race on the box and I was impressed with the commentary from Addison and co always on top of the sometimes confusing race and pit activities but as Ian Loggie said after that first lap carnage, why do some drivers treat a 3 hour race like a 20 minute sprint? Sad to see some top contenders knocked out so early and the number of pit crew mistakes incurring time penalties is pretty alarming particularly those incurred through departing a pit stop under the minimum time allotted.
Old 10 May 2022, 18:01 (Ref:4109593)   #130
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I enjoyed the GT's it was the rest of the programme that was awful.

it was also great place to see & hear the new V16 BRM today.
Old 10 May 2022, 22:12 (Ref:4109614)   #131
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Thought the GT5 race on Sunday afternoon was a really corker, the single seater race before/after was pretty decent too.
Old 10 May 2022, 23:47 (Ref:4109618)   #132
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post

it was also great place to see & hear the new V16 BRM today.
I drove the two hours each way just for the GT race - I had no interest in any of the supports so got there at just on 11am and left just after the chequered flag fell at 2:30pm.

There's yet another section of the circuit that's currently inaccessible for spectators - the section from the end of the Copse concrete terracing to half way through Becketts - while they build the Escapade complex of holiday homes or whatever it is that Silverstone see as yet another money generating opportunity that does nothing for the 'normal' spectator.
Old 12 May 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4109728)   #133
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got a "Tell us what you think" survey, gave 'em a bit of a review:

"What one thing would you change?"
"The customer experience. Silverstone should take a leaf out of MSV's book. Awkward ticketing experience (why isn't a weekend ticket just one ticket? Why do I have to download them from the website instead of being emailed), limited gates open (the gate at Club was open but the security man didn't have a scanner so couldn't gain access), limited grandstands (and not the popular ones) open, poor information leading up to the event, camping no available, toilets not cleaned properly. Feels like the track is only interested in Moto GP, F1 and the Classic while everything else gets the s***ty end of the stick.
Unfortunately this was the only date of the British GT calendar I can make, because my general advice to anyone is to avoid Silverstone and go to one of the other tracks which is actually enjoyable to attend."

Old 17 May 2022, 14:29 (Ref:4110375)   #134
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A gallery from the Silverstone round is now available here - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzNWd8.

Experimenting with the 1.7x teleconverter on the 200-500 zoom gave me a maximum focal length of 850mm on some of the shots although through fence it seems to soften the image a little; aided and abetted by heat haze (yes, at Silverstone in early May !). Dodgy knee meant I stayed largely around Luffield.
Old 19 May 2022, 19:48 (Ref:4110610)   #135
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The points standings after Silverstone have finally been updated...
Old 13 Jun 2022, 02:46 (Ref:4115279)   #136
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So it looks like I will be travelling from the US this September and may have a chance to ditch the wife in London with her best friend and head out to Brands Hatch for the British GT that weekend.

Any advice on getting to the track and the British GT event there for a giant Yank invader? Not planning on renting a car at this point, that's up in the air but I would assume train/bus/taxi options first.

Many thanks in advance, if anyone is headed to Petit any time I'll return the favor, sorry favour
Old 13 Jun 2022, 07:11 (Ref:4115295)   #137
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Train from London Victoria to Swanley then get a cab.

https://www.brandshatch.co.uk/circui...ircuitLocation

Sounds easy but I haven’t tried it so no promises!
Old 23 Jun 2022, 17:39 (Ref:4116736)   #138
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands hatch are starting a shuttle service from Swanley station for big events.
Old 23 Jun 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4116748)   #139
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
Brands hatch are starting a shuttle service from Swanley station for big events.
…but not British GT yet.

https://news.msv.com/26193.aspx

BTCC, BSB and Trucks this year
Old 24 Jun 2022, 01:36 (Ref:4116775)   #140
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sweet so a year early for easy access to track. But still FAR easier than getting to Road Atlanta on any type of public transit so there's that
Old 24 Jun 2022, 20:05 (Ref:4116855)   #141
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
Change of driver at century, Angus Fender out, Joel Ericsson in.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 20:53 (Ref:4116858)   #142
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I pity anyone who has to share a car with Betty Chen, she's one of the worst I've ever seen. Good for Fender to get out, he doesn't deserve that.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 00:00 (Ref:4116949)   #143
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah to be 7 to 8 seconds slower in an Am quali I mean she wouldn't even be competitive in GT Cup.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 06:49 (Ref:4116960)   #144
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Yeah to be 7 to 8 seconds slower in an Am quali I mean she wouldn't even be competitive in GT Cup.
Almost exactly the same qualy time as the fastest GT4
Old 27 Jun 2022, 08:50 (Ref:4117159)   #145
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzVVXA

A first sample of images from Snetterton yesterday.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 21:05 (Ref:4117521)   #146
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzVVXA

A first sample of images from Snetterton yesterday.
Full gallery now at the link above
Old 18 Jul 2022, 20:22 (Ref:4119845)   #147
didyeayepodcast
Rookie

didyeayepodcast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recorded live on Instagram, Jonny Adam joins the Did Ye Aye? Podcast. Hailing from the Lang Toun, he has achieved a huge amount in his racing career. Le Mans winner, British GT winner and Aston Martin factory driver. In this episode, Jonny opens up on his career and success.

LISTEN NOW??????

On Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000570208117

On Spreaker - https://www.spreaker.com/episode/50602780

On Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/2DH...QSaz8hT9xOsrSw

? LISTEN! LIKE! SHARE! ?

You can also find the podcast on iHeartRadio, Google Podcasts, Castbox, Deezer, Podcast Addict, Podchaser and Amazon Music
Old 6 Sep 2022, 18:35 (Ref:4125148)   #148
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
News a few days old now , but Seems to have gone under the radar, but Alexander Sims is replacing Betty Chen in the Century M4 GT3 for the final 2 rounds.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 18:59 (Ref:4125153)   #149
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
News a few days old now , but Seems to have gone under the radar, but Alexander Sims is replacing Betty Chen in the Century M4 GT3 for the final 2 rounds.
Old 6 Sep 2022, 19:16 (Ref:4125156)   #150
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to seeing them stretch their legs round the GP loop at Brands.