Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Mar 2022, 00:21 (Ref:4103017)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
did NOT expect the p2 quali to end up like that either, obviously it's a long race yada yada but...

well, it looks like it *has* boiled down to who knows the quick way round the bumps across all the classes, no?
Old 18 Mar 2022, 02:40 (Ref:4103024)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s good here

Camped a few feet from the track. Decent people around us (although no where near as good as the Petit crowd). Hung out at my mate’s team for a bit. Also bumped into Jim Gickenhaus and wished him luck (my mate didn’t mind).

Great cars, fun place, looking forward to two top races.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 02:50 (Ref:4103025)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
With wec qualifying in the books and the Toyotas 2 seconds off the pace of the pole winning Alpine, is something wrong or are they just going to win regardless?
It is as they expected. Race they are more confident.

Which you’d expect. Not easy, but those little things will come through. It’s assumed Aloine have the same stint disadvantage as previous (although they are a little quiet on this) and Glick are still (relatively) rookies.

Sharing up to be a good one.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 07:04 (Ref:4103041)   #29
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Morning Comrades. Looking forward to this evening's race, hopefully I can watch the start and first couple of hours whilst 'working'.

(Still think there should be just one big combined WEC and IMSA race as the season opener)
Old 18 Mar 2022, 08:26 (Ref:4103048)   #30
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
With wec qualifying in the books and the Toyotas 2 seconds off the pace of the pole winning Alpine, is something wrong or are they just going to win regardless?

In GT Keating qualified 4th. Ahead of some pro entries. Does the 50 year old car dealer from Texas need a factory job offer??? That is super impressive!

toyota has still a big fuel milliage advantage, so no matter how slow/fast they will be, they are going to have one or two refuel less than alpine.
Real surprise could be 007 that last year had slightly longer stints than toyota, if they have that 0.5s margin seen in qualifying they need to have a steady race pace, even if will be interesting to know how wear rate will influence 007 and toyota performance since both cars now got the same tires.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 11:34 (Ref:4103081)   #31
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting that an obsolete car is made to be faster over a lap than bespoke up to regulations cars. Can Toyota dust off some TS050 and enter under grandfathered rules?

I am just being jockey about it, but this idea of obsolete cars competing with cars developed for regulations does not really sit well with me(so I am not bothered about small fuel tank - you want equal opportunity, build a car to the regulations). In this case Toyota could have grandfathered TS050 for 2 years and take extra time to develop their Hypercar
Old 18 Mar 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4103082)   #32
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It’s good here

Camped a few feet from the track. Decent people around us (although no where near as good as the Petit crowd). Hung out at my mate’s team for a bit. Also bumped into Jim Gickenhaus and wished him luck (my mate didn’t mind).

Just arrived! Part of me loves the rawness of the place, part of me wants to scream. There’s not a single sign anywhere in the place. I had to ask 3 people which way Hendricks Field was and then two more once I got here. On the upside, I’m parked next to a stretch limo right by the flag.

Oh, and having dressed for a heatwave it’s foggy and not at all warm
Old 18 Mar 2022, 12:49 (Ref:4103084)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
did daytona teach you nothing about florida weather

enjoy, everybody. looks like it’s going to be a fascinating race.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 13:11 (Ref:4103089)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It’s good here

I'm properly jealous now! Which part of the track are you staying at? How big does the crowd feel? I'm sure it will fill in more as the day goes on, but if you were able to camp right at the track it made me wonder if anybody was there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Just arrived! Part of me loves the rawness of the place, part of me wants to scream. There’s not a single sign anywhere in the place. I had to ask 3 people which way Hendricks Field was and then two more once I got here. On the upside, I’m parked next to a stretch limo right by the flag.

Oh, and having dressed for a heatwave it’s foggy and not at all warm
Hope you can get some good pictures once the fog lifts!
Old 18 Mar 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4103090)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Final IMSA practice just ended and qualifying is about to begin.

Derani dips into the 1:45's and Keating leads the P2 crowd, what can't he do???

video stream for qualy: https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/

Last edited by joeb; 18 Mar 2022 at 13:20.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 13:26 (Ref:4103091)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Magnus stops on track and doesn't restart, red flag with 9 minutes left.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4103092)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Risi takes GT pole! Serra had a 1:59.4

Robichon takes Am pole with 1:59.7
Old 18 Mar 2022, 14:03 (Ref:4103096)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I never thought I'd say this, but really good qualifying session in LMP3 with Andretti and Robinson trading fastest laps. Final lap for both saw increases of 0.2 with Robinson taking the checker 0.03 seconds ahead!
Old 18 Mar 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4103097)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Holy crap DPI qualifying was fantastic! Top four cars broke the qualifying record!

Bourdais with 1:45.166. That is less than 2 seconds slower than the all-time records set by Peugeot, and the R18 etron!
Old 18 Mar 2022, 14:59 (Ref:4103104)   #40
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know if the WEC race will start in actual qualifying order or are they doing that stupid class by class bunching nonsense?
Old 18 Mar 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4103106)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Does anyone know if the WEC race will start in actual qualifying order or are they doing that stupid class by class bunching nonsense?
I don't remember having to think much about that last year, and i have no idea!
Old 18 Mar 2022, 15:40 (Ref:4103109)   #42
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quality coverage so far from Eurosport, the presenter's mics not working, just getting the ambient noise from the camera so listening to Hindy's voice over the Tannoy.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 15:43 (Ref:4103110)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Quality coverage so far from Eurosport, the presenter's mics not working, just getting the ambient noise from the camera so listening to Hindy's voice over the Tannoy.
Can you ask for anything better?

WEC race is about to start, nice to have the race televised live here in the US. Makes viewing and listening and T&S so much easier.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4103113)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It is how they qualified, no class split.

a parade lap by a GT40 to start things off!
Old 18 Mar 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4103115)   #45
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Had to mute it. They tried at least. Not sure if this is a sign of increased commitment to WEC or not. Never seem them add any of their own production outside of Le Mans.

Looking forward to this - just wish I was there!
Old 18 Mar 2022, 16:11 (Ref:4103120)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
toyotas have no problem getting around the P cars in the first couple of laps, and the Alpine still seems to have the speed early.

Dalla Lana just passed Keating, did not see that happening
Old 18 Mar 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4103122)   #47
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Had to mute it. They tried at least. Not sure if this is a sign of increased commitment to WEC or not. Never seem them add any of their own production outside of Le Mans.

Looking forward to this - just wish I was there!
I"m enjoying Ant Davidson in the booth on our coverage with Graham and Martin.

Contact in Turn one for a couple of P2 cars, but they got away with just a slight spin.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4103123)   #48
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
WEC only on pay TV as usual I assume?
Old 18 Mar 2022, 16:25 (Ref:4103124)   #49
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alpine has absolutely cleared off out front. Putting over a second a lap into the Toyotas.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4103125)   #50
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
WEC only on pay TV as usual I assume?
Depends if you get Eurosport for free.....