Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 18 Oct 2022, 08:16 (Ref:4130679)   #126
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Light work. Credit to the ACO that system worked just fine.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4130680)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I was successful with grandstand and entry. No sign of any parking tickets on sale yet. Very surprised at how well that worked.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 08:27 (Ref:4130681)   #128
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, entry and Grandstand tickets purchased, I did see in the small print on one of the emails that camping, and so I presume parking, wasn't going to be available until 29th November. Other than allowing for the agencies to sell everything first I don't see what that is all about, never had that in past years.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 08:32 (Ref:4130682)   #129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, I was puzzled. I've emailed Hélène to check.... She's been really helpful over the years.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4130684)   #130
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Short wait then in and sorted; need to set a diary note for preferred parking at Expo.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4130685)   #131
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well as i do not need grandstand seating no point going in for the tickets, will get GE and camping in november
Old 18 Oct 2022, 09:04 (Ref:4130686)   #132
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty fuss free. Normally book end of Jan so surprised how much of T23 was unavailable at after 30 mins or so - block bookings by operators and sponsors I assume.

Should be more space after the first 30 to 40 mins of the race when the sponsor shirted groups with flags and goody bags stand up and head back to hospitality.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 09:05 (Ref:4130687)   #133
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Booked general entry and T18. Next camping.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 09:18 (Ref:4130689)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Short wait then in and sorted; need to set a diary note for preferred parking at Expo.
In that case, see this on FB in a reply to me from the ACO -

Hi Andrew,
the Exposition and Panorama parking lots are available for sale only by telephone on 02 43 40 8000. Please note that the service is currently saturated with calls. The other parking lots and reception areas will be put on sale from Monday, December 4 (Tuesday, November 29 for ACO Members).
Old 18 Oct 2022, 09:19 (Ref:4130690)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I noticed that after only an hour or so, there are only limited seats now left in T17....
Old 18 Oct 2022, 11:10 (Ref:4130692)   #136
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if there was a higher take-up in membership this year so people could make sure they got what they wanted? I know that's primarily the reason I signed up this year.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4130694)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Entirely possible I'd say. I'm really glad I'm a member. Aside from the fact that I'm in a member only GS, I wouldn't want to be picking over what's left for the general public in a few days....
Old 18 Oct 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4130701)   #138
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Trying to pull together a group of 16 for this for my stag. Any tips I should share for my best man who's organising this? Like should we go general sale or would a package option be better?
Old 18 Oct 2022, 12:39 (Ref:4130703)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Personally, I'd say package is your best option. Obviously entry tickets are no issue, but if you're looking for seats, 16 together(-ish) could be tricky and where are you staying? Camping?
Old 18 Oct 2022, 13:01 (Ref:4130708)   #140
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Success! Bought my various seats in Tavano and Raccordement . I was able to buy blocks of 9 and 6 without issue.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 15:01 (Ref:4130732)   #141
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Trying to pull together a group of 16 for this for my stag. Any tips I should share for my best man who's organising this? Like should we go general sale or would a package option be better?
Well depends if you want grandstand seats, if it is just camping then no problem getting larger blocks in some sites and Ge tickets again can be purchased at any time. Getting 16 GS places together will be a problem.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4130735)   #142
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Package option easiest unless you all used to camping and the stuff that goes with it. You can easily spend far too much time shopping, cooking, washing up etc etc and going short on Sunday when the supermarkets are all shut.

Grandstands are great for start and finish (and shelter from hot sun and rain) and for a large group also somewhere to meet up. Groups of tickets in same stand work as after first hour (and an hour or so before) and before final hour there are usually lots of spaces.

Get a decent deposit off everyone - tickets plus stands over 200 euros each, plus package campsites are pretty full this year and they'll also charge a hefty deposit. Package deals normally have deals with Tunnel/ferries etc so do save there.

Sort drivers and passengers and crossings etc early and get them to book holiday etc- people dropping out can cause trips to go badly wrong as remaining group can be left with higher costs etc. Also need to agree on fuel and tolls splits.

Beers at circuit in 2022 were 8 or 9 euros for basic 0.5l of beers (plus 1 for reusable cups), higher price is for Guiness etc in some of the bars in village. Some private campsites do slightly cheaper.
At least some cool beers from supermarkets etc etc (need ice, fridges) or wine (easier if red) or other stuff from home can save a packet.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 15:38 (Ref:4130741)   #143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The ticketing site is now reporting that T17 and T18 are sold out.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4130760)   #144
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got an e-mail with a download link, which works fine. But the mail also stated that I should be able to access my tickets via "my account". How does that work? Can't find anything in there about tickets purchased.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 20:27 (Ref:4130767)   #145
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If you go to the ticketing page which has the various options on it, a page with a blue banner right across the top, you will see your name over on the right hand side on the top. Click on it and there is a drop down menu. Select 'Tickets' and it will display what you have ordered.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 20:38 (Ref:4130768)   #146
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
If you go to the ticketing page which has the various options on it, a page with a blue banner right across the top, you will see your name over on the right hand side on the top. Click on it and there is a drop down menu. Select 'Tickets' and it will display what you have ordered.
Thanks a lot. Got it.
Old 19 Oct 2022, 07:31 (Ref:4130797)   #147
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whilst phase one of the ticket purchasing process was remarkably easy, I was shutting down my computer by 9:15 (UK) and heading out for the day, I'm a little concerned what lies in wait for us when phase two tickets are released in a few weeks time. Why the delay and are some parking or camping areas having their boundaries redrawn, are some parking areas becoming campsites and vice versa, will some campsites or parking areas no longer exist...? The conspiracy theorist in me suspects we're in for a few surprises, let's hope they're pleasant ones.
Old 19 Oct 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4130803)   #148
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I noted that the general entry ticket gets you into Porsche Curves. Not sure if they mean Beau Sejoures or the camp site side. I have a GS and entry ticket so now await campsite details.
Old 19 Oct 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4130804)   #149
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes there will be big changes this year
Old 19 Oct 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4130809)   #150
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think we need to get Detective Inspector Batmobile on the case to find out more!