Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:41 (Ref:249852)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren Le Mans Video

Has anyone out there got a copy of the video which was produced by (or for) McLaren after the 1995 Le Mans race? Was it called "Pursuit of Perfection", or something like that?

I've been searching for it ever since without success. Does anyone know if it can still be bought anywhere?
Old 2 Apr 2002, 20:03 (Ref:250245)   #2
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You only have to ask!!
Tis me,I got that one
S'briiliant

PM
Old 2 Apr 2002, 20:05 (Ref:250248)   #3
powermite
Rookie

Ayse,
Ive been trying to find a copy to take over for Gilles,but so far no luck.The phone and fax numbers on the tape do not exist anymore.
If you can do a couple of copies though,i'll send it to you
PM
Old 2 Apr 2002, 20:51 (Ref:250311)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheers PM, you're a pal. I'm trying to sort out some copy facilities for a couple of others here on the forum but I'm struggling. If and when I succeed, I'll be in touch.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 21:51 (Ref:250374)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
You're right, it's excellent. John Brooks was good enough to give my lad his copy. Quite one of the best racing videos I've seen.
Old 3 Apr 2002, 08:54 (Ref:250683)   #6
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You just might be able to find a copy (UK) in your local Halfords. Worth a look on your next visit.
Old 3 Apr 2002, 21:01 (Ref:251257)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
You just might be able to find a copy (UK) in your local Halfords. Worth a look on your next visit.
Really? Thanks. My lad's mate works there, so I'll have a word with him.....
Old 4 Apr 2002, 17:05 (Ref:251886)   #8
powermite
Rookie

Just a bit more info to help in your quest.
Its called "McLaren at LeMans"
Pursuit of Perfection
A McLaren/Electronic Arts Production
Produced by Tigermain Productions

hope this helps
PM
Old 4 Apr 2002, 17:32 (Ref:251899)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks mate. I shall keep looking.....
Old 4 Apr 2002, 18:41 (Ref:252007)   #10
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH, GOD!!!! PLEASE, MUST Have!!!

Aggghhh! Picture you man wetting himself in excitment and expectation. I would give my left nut to get this, if I were drunk enough!!! One's more than enough surely?!! And I could watch McLarens all day!!

Please allow me to set the scene:

I love McLarens.
I have never seen a McLaren.
If I could own one car in the world it would be a McLaren. I particularly love the Steve O'Rourke car, and I even know that his car has a nickname, BIGMAC, found on the reardeck spoiler (not wing) written in Yellow in the photo I saw. I don't know what happened to his chassis though.
if I could drive any race car in the world it would be a McLaren F1 GTR, and I wouldn't complain about whether it was 95, 96, or 1997 spec. It's all good lovin' to me!
I've never even seen LeMans, only a 20min 2000 highlights show. And 24HRS doesn't go into 20mins very well, particularly when you minus the ad-breaks as well!
I know I am losing all dignity and maturity but I don't mind, I just want to get the oppurtunity to watch a video of the greatest road car that ever raced.
Did you know that the #42 and #43 McLarens were nearly making 850bhp when without the restrictors, according to BMW Magazine. Imagine that one back in LeMans with new tyres and the new restrictors.

I'm just hoping to be involved in this video deal.!!
Old 4 Apr 2002, 19:08 (Ref:252037)   #11
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Steve O'Rourke still owns the BIGMAC and considered entering it at Daytona this year. Sadly he decided not to!

I agree it's a wonderful, wonderful car
Old 4 Apr 2002, 19:26 (Ref:252056)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm with you, Splatz. Alongside the GT-One (another mention - sorry!), the F1 GTR is one of my favourite sportscars of recent years. And to make you yearn even more, it wasn't just the look of them, they sounded incredible as well!

My favourites - definitely the Gulf Davidoff cars. If you play SCGT, you must download these cars - they are probably the most accurate add-on cars for SCGT available.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 07:54 (Ref:252488)   #13
iucrmh
Racer

Ah! The sound of the 12 cylinder through a long cold wet night at Le Mans in 1995, spectacular. Those were the days. Just finished building the Debora from that race (oops!).
Old 5 Apr 2002, 15:00 (Ref:252748)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Just finished building the Debora from that race (oops!).
Stone the crows mate! You're all at it!! Are you in league with Allon?
Old 5 Apr 2002, 15:30 (Ref:252775)   #15
iucrmh
Racer

No really, I'll post a picture soon, it's part of my pet project of getting every car from the 1995 Le Mans (lots of variety). That car pootling around for 24 hours is something I still remember, reminded me of the old Sports 2000 class in the UK, only slower.....
Old 5 Apr 2002, 21:05 (Ref:252978)   #16
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen a silver McLaren on Hampstead High Street. The people inside looked happy.

I've only seen a Debora once,at last year's Donnington FIA SCC round.
It wasn't fast.

Please, let's have pictures of any completed model Deboras.

Last edited by Osella; 5 Apr 2002 at 21:12.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 21:44 (Ref:253011)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
.....reminded me of the old Sports 2000 class in the UK, only slower.....
Yes, I remember that series from back in the mid '80s. What was that bulbous machine (yet rather sleek for its time) - a Shrike? (Or something similar?).
Old 6 Apr 2002, 23:52 (Ref:253852)   #18
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for slobbering on everyone at the moment but, well... we are talking McLaren!

I am desperate to get hold of WAV files of the F1 GTR engine sound. All info regarding the WAv is helpful like what RPM its at or speed.

Yes Aysedasi, I have every McLaren made for SCGT that ever made it to the internet. Satoru Takasugi is a GOD in the modelling world for his work. Mention must be made of the Works #8, #9 cars, Davidoff of course, EMKA yellow, EMKA blue, #30 SOK Take One, Zero, #21 Yellow Corn, and #44 LARK.
Check out the Yellow Corn car at Discpad's site, it has transparent windows (standard now), painted driver suit, with two helmet types!!?? (not sure how that works), and dash and steering wheel. Awesome car.

I think there are WAV's at the McLaren site but they are in REAL playah, anyone know how to convert these to WAVs, or havew alternatives.

PS Please talk more about this Mechanical God, particularly technical things. :> :> :> :>
Old 7 Apr 2002, 17:35 (Ref:254262)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You are clearly seriously afflicted, Splatz - but in the nicest possible way!

Yes, I've also downloaded as many F1GTRs as I can find - about 30+ at last count. (I also helped out Peardrop with some photos in the past, but haven't heard from him for some while.... In fact, it was his initial e-mail to me that persuaded me to go out and buy SCGT).
Old 13 Apr 2002, 23:03 (Ref:259383)   #20
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
30+ is pretty good! I haven't counted mine but I know it's less than that. I lost some of the older ones when I had to start a new hard drive and changed computers and managed to lose everything.

Do you have a new body (with see through windows) #41 1998 LeMans McLaren, its black Loctite?
Or
EMKA 1998 LeMans #40?

Or the old Peardrop cars?

If you could post a list I'd love to read them(with car model description eg.author/date).

Any danger of me getting my hands on some ?
Old 14 Apr 2002, 13:56 (Ref:259962)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll try and compile a list Splatz, but it will take me a while and I'm sure I can sort out for you anything I've got that you haven't. I'll PM you when I'm done.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 21:14 (Ref:260364)   #22
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
SCGT McLarens

Thanks mate!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 22:46 (Ref:260422)   #23
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the good luck to spend a couple of days at McLaren customer care, where they service the F1's earlier this year.
There were 8 of them there in the workshop. Apparently one of them was unregistered and had 400 miles on the clock, it was up for sale at over £1 million. They are one of the few supercars to have gone up in value, and they are still updating them. And for a routine service £3000 please, still i can dream!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 13:22 (Ref:261064)   #24
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren Picture

Hi Splatz here's a picture of the Emka "BigMac" as it raced in the 1999 British Gt championship, with the blue paint job, this is taken at Oulton Park.
Hpoefully it will look ok as this is the first time i have posted a picture on the forum, so if I it up i do apologies. egor
Attached Thumbnails
emka mac1.jpg  
Old 16 Apr 2002, 06:43 (Ref:261767)   #25
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Egor!

The picture came up ok, but the image is very dark. Is it the photo that's dark? BTW did you take this at the track? It's a great angle! I love this car! Can you describe the sound? is it like any current ALMS car?

I probably prefer the red EMKA from 1998 as the livery was so well organised and layed out - great design. The blue one looks great from the front and back but the side panels look a bt weird I think.

Got anymore? Luv to see 'em!