Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Apr 2002, 08:11 (Ref:261808)   #26
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, the original photo is slightly dark, i should of played around with it a bit to see if i could of got it any better. I took this at Oulton Park, from this chicane you can get some great picture's, after they exit here the track goes up hill slightly and then runs down to Foulstons(spelling might be wrong), the sound as they pull away from here over the brow is fantastic, clean, clear and crisp with that unique BMW sound not like the big thumper's or the Judd screamer's.
I have a few more pics from Oulton, Donnington, and of course Le Mnas from various years. I will post them for you, but it may take some time as i have to download from one PC to another and then on to the forum.
My best memeory of the Mclaren racing is watching J.J.Lehto in the Ueno Clinic Mac, in the rain at night at Le Mans.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 08:32 (Ref:261825)   #27
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Sorry Splatz, I got the corners mixed up. The picture is taken at Foulstones, which is after Shell Oils Corner and then goes over Tree Top and down to Knickerbrook, I should know my way round there by now, its my local circuit and i've been going there since i was knee high to a grasshopper.
Egor
Old 21 Apr 2002, 17:06 (Ref:266571)   #28
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate you Egor !! I hate you!! Did you mean THE #59 car of Masanori Sekiya in '95??? NNOOOOOOOO, I wish I saw it, why did I have to be born in Australia!! I want to buy that car one day. Apparantly it never raced again after that.

I took your pic into my photo editor and changed the Gamma - fixed the darkness.

Fantastic picture!!!
Old 21 Apr 2002, 20:38 (Ref:266730)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well if you don't get to buy the car Splatz, at least you can have my photo.......

Yes, I was there, of course!

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...p/S1/95-16.jpg
Old 21 Apr 2002, 21:07 (Ref:266755)   #30
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never find seeing the 1995 winning McLaren, the sound was enough on its own. Shame I didn't get more photos that year (my all time favourite year, the variety of machinery), as I dropped my camera in the toilets when barged by someone. Didn't bother taking anymore pictures. The real irony was, the camera looked damaged, but wasn't. grrrr!
Old 22 Apr 2002, 07:45 (Ref:267038)   #31
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Not only was JJ stunning in that car, but besides the weather the whole race was brilliant. I do remember at one stage (which I am sure some one will know better than me) when the Harrods Mclaren had lost a gear or two, and they were putting washing up liquid under the rear wheels whilst it was on the jacks, so they could start it in a higher gear and get the wheels spinning as it hit the floor.
Things you do to get back into a car race!!!!!!!
Old 26 Apr 2002, 18:00 (Ref:271516)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow

If you could post a list I'd love to read them(with car model description eg.author/date).

Any danger of me getting my hands on some ?
Splatz, here's that list:- (in no particular order)

SCGT McLaren F1 GTR’s

97 Parabolica Motorsport No.27 McLaren (Peardrop)
98 GTC Competition Loctite No.41 McLaren (Peardrop)
Satoru Racing Cars (Team Bazooka) No. 208 McLaren
99 EMI No 40 McLaren (Painter)
98 EMKA Racing Limited No.1 McLaren (Peardrop)
97 Schnitzer No. 8 McLaren
97 Schnitzer No. 9 McLaren
96 Giroix Racing No.50 McLaren (Peardrop)
96 Harrods Mach One No. 29 McLaren (NB Art)
95 Harrods Mach One No. 3 McLaren
JGTC No 21 McLaren (Santiago)
95 Lanzante No. 59 McLaren (Savvas)
Lark No. 44 McLaren (Painter)
96 Lark No. 61 McLaren
Marlboro McLaren (Claus)
Rain-X McLaren (Takasugi)
Red McLaren Short-tail (Takasugi)
Silver McLaren Long-tail (Takasugi)
Take One SOK No. 30 McLaren (Laird)
Turbo Tom No. 2 McLaren (Discpads)
West No. 1 McLaren (Hirvonen)
95 Gulf Racing/GTC Motorsport No. 1 McLaren (Peardrop)
95 Gulf Racing/GTC Motorsport No. 3 McLaren (Peardrop)
96 Gulf Racing/GTC Motorsport No. 2 McLaren (Peardrop)
96 Gulf Racing/GTC Motorsport No. 6 McLaren (Peardrop)
97 Gulf/Davidoff Racing No. 1 McLaren
97 Gulf/Davidoff Racing No. 2 McLaren
97 Gulf/Davidoff Racing No. 3 McLaren
99 Emka Racing No. 1 McLaren (Laird)
Gulf Racing No. 33 McLaren (Hoefer)

Let me know if there are any you want, I'm sure I can sort something out for you.
Old 26 Apr 2002, 23:15 (Ref:271751)   #33
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for compiling that list.

I notice a lot of those are the ISI body car, which don't quite have my interest, although I also downloaded them.

What I lost was them 1995 cars that came out quite early on the short-tail body. I think they are your (Peardrop) ones.
I'd love to get them coz I'm going to try and organize a painting of all the 1995 cars when at LeMans.

I think I've got more of the newer versions, they didn't appear in your list. Here they are. Satoru2 represents the new longtail McLaren with translucent window, high downforce wing and front, driver helmet and more! These are listed showing model/painter:

95 BPR #5 BBA (1000Km Paris vsn) Shortail - Satoru/Widomaker
95 LMans #59 Ueno Clinic Shortail - Satoru/Widomaker
96 Blank xx Shortail - Satoru/Satoru
96 JGTC #60 LARK Shortail - Satoru/? Discpad I think?
96 JGTC #61 LARK Shortail - Satoru/? Discpad I think?
97 Blank xx Longtail - Satoru/Satoru
97 Blank xx Longtail - Satoru2/Satoru
97 FIAGT #1 Davidoff Longatil - Satoru2/Satoru
97 FIAGT #2 Davidoff Longatil - Satoru2/Satoru
97 FIAGT #3 Davidoff Longatil - Satoru2/Satoru
97 FIAGT #8 Schnitzer Longatil - Satoru2/Satoru
97 FIAGT #9 Schnitzer Longatil - Satoru2/Satoru
97 FIAGT #19 MVR Shortail - Satoru/Fonsecker
97 FIAGT #27 Parabolica Longatil - Satoru2/Zero Signal
97 FIAGT #44 LARK Longatil - Satoru2/Zero Signal
98 FIAGT #15 GTC Longatil - Satoru2/Zero Signal
98 FIAGT #41 Loctite Longatil - Satoru2/Revsect,Padajacaba,Jonas Jensen
98 BRDC #1 EMKA (red)Longtail - Satoru2/Zero Signal
99 BRDC #1 EMKA (blue) longtail - Satoru2/Zero Signal
99 BRDC #2 AM Racing Longtail - Satoru2/Zero Signal
00 JGTC #21 Zero Longtail - Satoru/(JGTC Carset)
00 JGTC #30 SOK Longtail - Satoru/(JGTC Carset)
01 JGTC #21 Yellow Corn Ltail - Satoru2/Discpad

Sites
Zero Signal - britishgt.racesim.net
Discpad - discpad.homestead.com
JJSantiago - odin.prohosting.com/gt300
Fonsecker - backfiregt.homestead.com
Revsct - teamspeedsims.com/virtua_lm/
Old 26 Apr 2002, 23:19 (Ref:271757)   #34
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
PS. Do you know anyway I could get the lovely 1995 Peardrop cars?

The new cars are just breathtaking and show how far these modellers and painters have come. Check them out!
Old 29 Apr 2002, 19:00 (Ref:273522)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
PM me with your e-mail Splatz.
Old 30 Apr 2002, 19:45 (Ref:274731)   #36
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Splatz,
I'm coming to Aus for Xmas.If there's anything small I can bring for you,then i'll sling it in my suitcase.
Staying near Melbourne so it'll be no problem to post it from there
A copy of McLaren at LeMans maybe...
PM
Old 2 May 2002, 12:18 (Ref:276358)   #37
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Powermite, that's a great offer, thank you! Were you referring to a picture(s) or video(s) that you have? I'm certainly interested in anything McLaren!! As some people have noticed!
Old 2 May 2002, 13:00 (Ref:276403)   #38
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Powermite, that's a great offer, thank you! Were you referring to a picture(s) or video(s) that you have? I'm certainly interested in anything McLaren!! As some people have noticed!
Splatz, if you have not already bought it, there's 3 1995' race tapes (in french) left at ACO... lots of Mac Laren this year on the track... but do fast !

Last edited by Fab; 2 May 2002 at 13:02.
Old 8 May 2002, 03:49 (Ref:279939)   #39
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Cool I'll check it out! Thanks
Old 11 Sep 2002, 18:34 (Ref:378157)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its resurrect a thread time, people!

I'm a happy chappie! I've just bought a copy of the "McLaren at Le Mans" video on an EBay auction for £6.78! I reckon that's a pretty good deal. My first ever EBay bid at that!

He's already been thanked privately, but my public thanks to iucrmh for pointing the auction out to me, I'm very grateful indeed, Mike.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Sep 2002 at 18:35.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 18:49 (Ref:378169)   #41
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i would have posted a pic from 95 - but the light was sooo grim. heres 97 instead.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 19:39 (Ref:378212)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice.

Here's one from me - with genuine '95 rain on the lens!
Attached Thumbnails
95-08.jpg  
Old 13 Sep 2002, 19:33 (Ref:379802)   #43
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Ayse could I be next in line for the Mac at LM tape, if someone sees it somewhere Id love a quick PM from anyone with sharp eyes.

Splatz.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 20:11 (Ref:380928)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Ayse could I be next in line for the Mac at LM tape, if someone sees it somewhere Id love a quick PM from anyone with sharp eyes.

Splatz.
Fair's fair, Splatz. I'm sure we'll do the decent thing.
Old 18 Sep 2002, 14:19 (Ref:383460)   #45
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Hey I've seen a copy I think, but what is this reverse capital "L" symbol mean as currency? Pound? Euro? Lira? Any thoughts?
Old 18 Sep 2002, 17:58 (Ref:383588)   #46
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pass on that one

£ is UK Pound
€ is Euro
$ is USD

The Lira is no more in Italy, everything should be in €uro

As a rough guide there are 1.5 € to £1 UK

Hope this helps a little. If not post a link

Simon
Old 18 Sep 2002, 19:13 (Ref:383638)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Hey I've seen a copy I think, but what is this reverse capital "L" symbol mean as currency? Pound? Euro? Lira? Any thoughts?
No, not a clue, Splatz. Whereabouts was the tape being offered?
Old 19 Sep 2002, 07:35 (Ref:383910)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm pleased to say my copy of the tape arived this morning and for a second-hand tape, it looks immaculate. Haven't played it yet though - no time before I head off for the Classic!
Old 19 Sep 2002, 14:36 (Ref:384177)   #49
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Found out its in pound sterling.

Thnx for the replys and assistance though.

Let us know how your video is Aysedasi once you`ve seen it....
Old 27 Sep 2002, 15:22 (Ref:389899)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Let us know how your video is Aysedasi once you`ve seen it....

I only watched it for the first time yesterday. It's very good. Worth it for the in-car footage alone. But all the gumph about the Lanzante car being up against it when it was in reality at least a semi-works effort is quite amusing. I still get a sense of disappointment even 7 years on for the Harrods team - they should have won that race. If the Lanzante team hadn't had Lehto, they would have.