Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:09 (Ref:353745)   #1
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New association to protect the Le Mans circuit.

Ouest France reports today that an association for the protection of the full 24 circuit has been formed. Both Henri Pescarolo and Yves Courage are members.

They met yesterday evening on the Mulsanne straight (known in French as “la ligne droite des Hunaudières”) to present the future association. There is a picture of a group standing by the “Les Hunaudières” sign in the paper.

Marc Laffeas, future president of the association says:

We are very passionate about the 24 hours. Following the mess surrounding the organization of the Le Mans Classic, we wanted to meet to support this demonstration and to ask questions about this site which is perhaps the most celebrated in the world.

We understand the concerns of the enterprises, but they know that they were built on a motor racing circuit.

I’m not sure that I’ve got the translation of this next paragraph correct.

If the circuit were to be damaged they would become notorious, and that would put the 24 hours in danger.

But I’m on safer ground here.

Could one not imagine permanent modifications allowing the race without disturbing the businesses? For example making little bridges or access under the circuit?

One of the aims of the association is to get the site classified as an historic monument, above all to protect it.

If the Le Mans Classic is cancelled:

We will organise a big demonstration.

No website is given but there is an email address.

Circuit24hforever@free.fr

FG
Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:34 (Ref:353763)   #2
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I have just emailed the address, in English so not sure if I will get a response. I will of course pass on any information I do get.

Good to see big names involved in this, any chance of them lobbying for the removal of the Mulsanne chicanes.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 20:08 (Ref:354249)   #3
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
the Ouest France article and picture are here
(french only, sorry)
Old 9 Aug 2002, 21:17 (Ref:354308)   #4
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll put my name on a petition, where do i sign?
Old 10 Aug 2002, 06:37 (Ref:354446)   #5
FG1
Veteran

I've just received a document in French from the the association. They will probably charge a small fee for membership, about €10.

More when I've got to grips with the French, but I'm pleased they've got something together quickly, it's a good sign.

FG
Old 10 Aug 2002, 08:33 (Ref:354470)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Using the adress given by FG, I just sended a message to say that I was interressed by beeing a member of the association, even if I still think that there're first interrested by local notables (but maybe not, I asked the question)... hope I'm mistaking !

We could enforce significatively the weight of the association if we're all involved !

Fab
Old 10 Aug 2002, 10:39 (Ref:354510)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've e-mailed them too. I've offered to publicise their cause on my site as well.
Old 10 Aug 2002, 14:00 (Ref:354608)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: New association to protect the Le Mans circuit.

will there be a "Protect The Cottage By The Railway Line" initiative too??
Old 12 Aug 2002, 07:50 (Ref:355798)   #9
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Like FG1, I have had a 1 page document reply to my email. In French of course, so as I my GCSE French is a little ropey I will have to rely on someone else for a decent translation. Looks like what other people were reporting, 10 euros (probably) for membership, and they will work to keep the track and the events on it. They certainly are not impressed by the companies on the Mulsanne though - hyprocisy is an easy word to spot in any language!
Old 12 Aug 2002, 10:32 (Ref:355871)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
...so as I my GCSE French is a little ropey I will have to rely on someone else for a decent translation.
When you have it, could you post it here?
Please???
Old 12 Aug 2002, 23:46 (Ref:356539)   #11
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf

When you have it, could you post it here?
Please???
I got about half way through translating it but got caught up with other things and ran out of time. I will try to complete it later if I can.

There are no greate surprises in the document, but most of us here would agree with the sentiments.

FG
Old 13 Aug 2002, 03:40 (Ref:356612)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
...although I am not sure if the Sarthe circuit is in any urgent need of protection or salvation, or preservation; all things considered, it seems to be doing fine.
Obsta principiis, I guess.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 19:22 (Ref:359322)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had no reply from them. (They must have heard of me.......).

Perhaps they've been inundated with e-mails of support?
Old 16 Aug 2002, 20:30 (Ref:359373)   #14
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I've had no reply from them. (They must have heard of me.......).
Yeah well, you see - the e-mailed me and asked who you were.

And so I told them.

Old 18 Aug 2002, 16:48 (Ref:360395)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf

Yeah well, you see - the e-mailed me and asked who you were.

And so I told them.

B*****d. I might have well known.......
Old 18 Aug 2002, 22:10 (Ref:360662)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AAAAArrgggghhhh!!!!

I'm late!

Fantastic organisation, just what we need, now if they need volunteers to chain themselves to the track or to demolish the mulsanne chicanes they'll know who to call!

Seriously though its great to see someone doing something, I may rant and rave but truth is that i've done sweet FA about it. Ahem.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 12:29 (Ref:361168)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Last news : deal has been done between the shops along the straight and ACO...

Question of money, you said ?

I had no answer from the association as well... Ayse, they KNOW ! (well, they know what ? I... don't know !)