Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 May 2003, 08:03 (Ref:599459)   #26
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Weds 0815 Seafrance Dover-Calais, en route to Beausejour (curse the ACO) in a blue Saab 9-5 and a white Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution (The Blingmobile).

I bought a new tent yesterday.
Old 15 May 2003, 08:27 (Ref:599479)   #27
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leave Sheffield Monday lunch travel to my brothers pub near aylesbury pick up last member of team sample southern woosy beer get aclimatised to drinking lager for a week. Head on down to Pompey for a night on the town (Holiday mode) get ferry from portsmouth to caen tuesday 8am arrive Le Mans Karting Nord around 6pm after various refreshment stops pitch up tents/village go to Carefore purchase beer and food then off we go.Return Journey leave after race drive up to Falaise have a night in Hotel become human again well nearly anyway travel slowly back to caen Monday return ferry 16:15 ther time arrive Pompey 21:00 our time and back up to Sheffield losing one team member on the way take rest of week off to recouperate

Last edited by Bentley Beermon; 15 May 2003 at 08:34.
Old 15 May 2003, 09:05 (Ref:599510)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Huh... the trivial white Laguna, arriving on saturday morning (due to work necessities ), parked in the Expo park or the White (if I can get a place)... and stuck in the pits grandtstand for a long while !
Old 15 May 2003, 09:11 (Ref:599514)   #29
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
At least you will be there mate

Last edited by Bentley Beermon; 15 May 2003 at 09:13.
Old 15 May 2003, 09:12 (Ref:599515)   #30
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Outbound
Leave Home mid afternoon on June 7th heading for an evening dover-dunkerque crossing. Then blast down to Rouen and a cheapy hotel overnight. Then down to the track for Sunday Lunchtime to establish base camp.

Return
Leave track by 8pm head for a cheapy to chill and have a nice long warm shower.
Then leisurely run upto dunkerque for mid afternoon crossing home early evening.
Old 15 May 2003, 09:56 (Ref:599546)   #31
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our Itinery

Leave Newbury Berks at 3.00pm with Paul and Jim, drive to Poole amnd collect Mike. Drive back to Portsmouth and sample local beverage est. Board night ferry to Caen Tuesday night. Leg it down to Houx campsite pitch and then head off to collect beer for week. Get back then go to get food for the week.
John arrives on Houx after train journey from Caen as he could not get Wednesday off.

I will be planning to meet up with a few forum people in arnage one night while we are there. Arnage was very good fun during the Classics last year.

Return Journey.
Leave circuit at 10am on Monday. John travels back by train (not enough space in car!) We arrive Caen early enough for dinner and a few beers on the beach. Take the 1615 sailing back to Pompy and all drive back to Newbury.

Old 15 May 2003, 11:08 (Ref:599599)   #32
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Should have mentioned our cars....

Seat something....service barge unit
Clio Sports.....service barge Rapid support unit
200sx....Fast response unit

Simon
SEAT something my arse, Don't worry my speedy friend, I will be passing you on one of your many fuel stops.

BTW. SEAT almost written off this morning due to a loose wheel nut following new set of boots earlier this week. Mental note to always check wheelnuts following removal by muppetts who could not give a toss.
Old 15 May 2003, 12:10 (Ref:599647)   #33
chris24
Rookie

chris24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving Preston/Blackburn area at about 6 am on Thursday, heading for Newhaven Seacat at 2pm. Plan to arrive at Parking Bleu at around 10- 10.30pm. There are seven of us travelling in a blue transit mini bus, with FSD on the side in yellow. It will be full on 1 driver and six **** heads.
Leaving about 5pm after the race to catch the 1 am Monday morning ferry from Dieppe, plan to get home around 9am Monday morning.

Regards
Chris
Old 15 May 2003, 12:15 (Ref:599653)   #34
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving Bristol far too early on Thursday to get the 7.30am portsmouth - le havre and returning on the 11.30pm on sunday.

I'll be in my 1981 platinum metallic(beige)porsche 911 and trailing somewhere behind will be a white Skyline, an Elise and a 200sx.

Last edited by stefan; 15 May 2003 at 12:15.
Old 15 May 2003, 18:44 (Ref:600077)   #35
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bluebottle's said it all for me, but we'll be travelling by red Rover 216GSi (very uninteresting, but pleasant) using the 7am Thursday SeaFrance from Dover. Avoiding Rouen like the plague, but sticking to N138 wherever possible, we should hit Le Mans around 3pm if previous experience is anything to go by.
Old 15 May 2003, 20:55 (Ref:600265)   #36
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
most of the roadworks seem to have been done in rouen now. the only problem is the old problem of sheer weight of traffic just past the tunnel.
Old 15 May 2003, 20:58 (Ref:600270)   #37
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's the problem - the weight of traffic. I need to be a little more up to speed with Continental driving than I usually feel before I hit Rouen. I'm going round, and enjoying the lovely view from that huge suspension bridge that SL recommended.
Old 16 May 2003, 07:56 (Ref:600622)   #38
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hahaha, well, this is definetly a thread for british (I am spanish) people, but anyway I´ll say that my way of going is far more complicated!! I leave Madrid by plane on monday afternoon, I have to be at Lyon to work on an homologation of a Renault truck until wednesday 18th late in the evening, then I´ll rent a car and drive all night to Bordeaux to meet my father on thursday morning who is coming from MAdrid with the motorhome full of beers, and then I´ll be able to change my jacket and tie for a Le Mans shirt!!! Hope to be there by thursday afternoon.
Old 16 May 2003, 09:52 (Ref:600710)   #39
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield

One minor problem Javi you appear to be travelling the week after the race:confused:
Old 16 May 2003, 10:18 (Ref:600742)   #40
Javi
Veteran

Uhh, I mistaked the day, its wednesday 11th!!. Sometimes I wonder how do I look at the calendars... Must be alzheimer
Old 16 May 2003, 10:22 (Ref:600745)   #41
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
I know how you feel, just as long as you remember before you go. Might see you there.
Old 16 May 2003, 10:24 (Ref:600750)   #42
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield

Is there going to be a 10/10ths gathering at some point. :confused:
Old 16 May 2003, 12:06 (Ref:600824)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bentley Beermon
Is there going to be a 10/10ths gathering at some point. :confused:

I sincerely hope so. One of the ideas of posting this thread was to get an idea as to when people were likely to get to the circuit. I certainly expect to be there for a good long walkabout on Friday.

As far as detailed workings-out for a meet are concerned, I might just leave that job to my good pal Fab, who had experience of it for the Test Day. It really would be excellent to get as good a gathering together as possible. The problem for me is likely to be what the other 7 members of my group are up to - I'm not in a position to dictate to them that they have to be where I want to be at any given time.......
Old 16 May 2003, 12:56 (Ref:600906)   #44
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is there going to be a 10/10ths gathering at some point.
There was another thread somewhere discussing this. I think we got as far as deciding that lunchtime Saturday was the most convenient time. Can anyone remember where though?
Old 16 May 2003, 13:04 (Ref:600930)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope. If Fab is happy to do a spot of co-ordinating, I'm sure he and I will be in contact by mobile. Leave the detail for a week or two. We can firm things up a week or so before everyone sets off.
Old 16 May 2003, 13:26 (Ref:600954)   #46
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
curiously would sunday noon be a better time. saturday is probably going to be quite hard for a lot of people for many different reasons.
Old 16 May 2003, 13:51 (Ref:600982)   #47
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield

any time is good for me no doubt we will get a now for altering the thread woops sorry.
Old 16 May 2003, 14:28 (Ref:601028)   #48
Javi
Veteran

I am really looking forward to meet some other ten-tenthers. Saturday by 12:00 seems a good moment, the problem is how we will recognize. Anyway, I expect some funny ideas to solve this problem....
Old 17 May 2003, 08:13 (Ref:601619)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bentley Beermon
any time is good for me no doubt we will get a now for altering the thread woops sorry.

No worries.......
Old 18 May 2003, 16:57 (Ref:602675)   #50
Kid Prozac
Racer

Kid Prozac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our trip should be interesting to say the least! 14 or so of us leaving Blackpool early friday morning for 1pm sailing from dover, shouldnt be too hard to spot us, going down in two dorchester limousines suitably decalled up so everyone knows who we are! much randomness and stupidness will ensue before returning on monday afternoon, cannot wait, first time at lemans, woo!