Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 15 Jan 2001, 16:43 (Ref:58620)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, just wondering. A couple of days ago I won the race at SPA after 44 laps and a 2 stop strategy. Took me almost 2 hours.

This is something I did a lot with GP2 as well. So do you guys do the same?
Old 16 Jan 2001, 02:07 (Ref:58748)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont have GP3 but I have GP2 and play full race distances all the time..I am just about to complete my first full season (1986 season) driving for Lotus..It took me quite a few races to get everything right and learn how to drive it properly but I managed to win the Portugese gp which is rnd 14 ..i just have Adelaide to go before I can move onto 1987.

i love full distance...sure it takes ages but its good fun..but boy your hands start to ache after a while and i really should buy a more comfortable chair to sit in ...but at leats Im not getting thrown against the walls like real F1 drivers.
Old 16 Jan 2001, 05:00 (Ref:58761)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to do it all the time in GP2 with my joystick. But, then I purchased GP3 and a Forcefeedback wheel. The combination means that I am still relearning how to be quick.

A few days ago I finished 3rd in an 18 lap race of the Canadian GP, and today I finished 10th in a 17 lap Spanish Grand Prix after a late spin.

I imagine I'll be doing the full race soon.
Old 16 Jan 2001, 07:28 (Ref:58773)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only ever do 3-lap quikck races. Otherwise I crash.
Old 16 Jan 2001, 17:26 (Ref:58842)   #5
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know what you mean jay. I also had a joystick (force feedback) and I had it in "hard" settings and I remember that each time I completed a full length race in GP2 my right hand would take some time (about 15 minutes) before recovering it's initial state and movility but I bought a wheel a week ago and it's been a learning experience fron the start. I block the wheels a lot when braking and stuff........but it's much better.
Old 17 Jan 2001, 11:54 (Ref:59002)   #6
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rarely do a real race. Usually I do a slow lap to warm the car up, a fast lap to warm me up, a really fast lap to set a lap record and then a slow lap back to the pits. I repeat that 7 or 8 times and then check the telemetry from the best laps for the rest of day.
After thinking real hard for a long time I change something on the car and go out again. And if I did it right I'll be 0.02 secs faster. I like to think that's because of the change I made to the car and no one can prove it isn't.
I also do this on only one track (Spa), there are many tracks I've never even raced on.
Old 17 Jan 2001, 20:20 (Ref:59066)   #7
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone tried it on GPL, I find its the only way I can win cos after the first corner spin its the only way I can catch up again but it takes forever sometimes the time ends up weird and a 2hr race takes 3 in realtime. Also people have said their hands go weird well what about your eyes I find that I have to sit staring out the window at passes by for 10mins.
Old 19 Jan 2001, 13:35 (Ref:59340)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I'm a babe in the woods here.

I've just got GP3 and have limitted myself to one track. Melbourne. I go round and round - set the fastest time in qualifying, the Jordan seems best to me, then get stuffed in the race as it's raining!

I don't think I can afford the time to do much better than this.
Old 24 Jan 2001, 10:38 (Ref:60048)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have never done a full race distance on GP3. However, I have done several full-length races on F1 '97. They are great fun.

Except when you have a fuel-line failure halfway through.

Old 24 Jan 2001, 12:10 (Ref:60064)   #10
yelwoci
Racer

United Kingdom
London
yelwoci should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys doing full races need to be very careful with your eyes.

2 hours fixed focul length will seriously damage you sight.
Make sure you move around alot (ie change distance to screen) and take the opportunity to look out of the house window on the straights!

IanC
GPL Fan (but useless...need a better Pc of course!)
Old 26 Jan 2001, 18:19 (Ref:60450)   #11
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am actually a GP2 champion in The GP Series Championship (sorry, couldn't resist the self-plug here) and I rarely do 100% races. They can be good fun though. I'm tempted to start a Ten Tenths GP3 championship. What happens is we select several players in the game, and have a turn-based race, saving the game and sending it by email.

Let me know what you think.
Old 30 Mar 2001, 04:40 (Ref:75379)   #12
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I love to do the 100% races. I had an excellent 100% race around Germany a couple of days ago and I really love the level of attrition this game has for the other compeditors.

The highlight of my race was chasing down Shcumacher and seeing him spin in front of me (all his own work)on that left hander when you come back into the stadium seating area.

Great stuff. Can't wait for the Gp3 2000 add on.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 05:25 (Ref:75932)   #13
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buckshot, don't bother with the 2000 add-on. There are plenty of websites out there that will offer addons for 2001 right now, and these addons are often better than the ones that will come from Microprose.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 05:29 (Ref:75933)   #14
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I was going to try and get the official add on from a warez site when it comes out.

I don't like using user made add ons - too finnicky to install and buggy.

I'm also looking forward to the extra game mode (whatever that is) and the force feedback updates this pack is supposed to include.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 09:14 (Ref:75950)   #15
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
If somebody can give me a link to a 2000 season that works - I just double click on it and it's done I'll try it.

Until then I'll be getting the official version.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 15:56 (Ref:76053)   #16
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The full distance is the only distance to go...don't you think also a real pilot feels pain and tiredness after a while? We're looking out for the most realistic reproduction of Formula One, don't we?
Old 3 Apr 2001, 00:40 (Ref:76808)   #17
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, 100% race distance is the only way to go, although it kind of bites when you don't set up your car well enough.
But thats why i love the game, it's the best simulation that i have ever played.
I'm waiting anxiously for the add-on. I've downloaded the 2000 carsets and they're really quite good, but as far as some of the tracks are concerned, I haven't found a decent one yet. Get the Add-on and then download a 2001 set and you'll be good to go.
But the best part, is the fact that i have been able to create my own team with its own livery and with my own real life helmet bouncing around in the cockpit, Brilliant Stuff!!!
Old 6 Apr 2001, 03:40 (Ref:77975)   #18
hypo
Racer

hypo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What level are you guys driving at?ACE

I`m only racing at PRO level at the moment, but getting I`m getting there.2nd is the best I can do,on pro level,in a 100% race.

100% races are the only way to go for me, you can really settle into a rythum with your driving and think about your pit strategies and adjust accordingly.You learn a lot more doing 100% races.---try this:qualify for and finish a full race , take a bit of a break and try doing a qualifying session again on the same track ---your lap times will now be at least a second quicker......
Old 6 Apr 2001, 20:12 (Ref:78207)   #19
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys,

I do full GPL races at the moment, much harder and have to concerntrate much more than GP3. I love GP3 though but full races are a real challenge on GPl, especially spa, so bloody quick! Nascar 3 is also quite good, but I don't do full races often, get dizzy going round in circles. Did 500 laps of Bristol the other the day and lost the race on the last lap. Now thats frustrating after 3 hrs racing... I like to drive GP3 and just imagine that I am an F1 driver going round silverstone, how sad!

Andy
Old 7 Apr 2001, 17:04 (Ref:78420)   #20
Sharky
Veteran

You really do 100% distance in GPL Andy? If so hats off to you man. Wow!I almost cryed when I finished the short race distance at Monza without crashing.

BTW, have you won any races?
Old 8 Apr 2001, 01:11 (Ref:78517)   #21
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I used to do full race distances for GP2. Recently, I purchased "F1 champioships" for "EA Sports", but don't have enough experience to do full distance. I have a wheel for my "Nascar Racing 4" game, but it won't work for my GP game, so I don't know why that is. I have to use my KeyBoard to drive the car.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 10:24 (Ref:78599)   #22
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do you live? It's just in the UK we're still waiting for Nascar 4
Old 9 Apr 2001, 01:04 (Ref:78783)   #23
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live in Canada. I've had Nascar 4 for about 1 month now. It's a great game, but it's extremely difficult, mainly because it's just so realistic to driving an actual race car.

But I'm still frustrated that I can't get my wheel to work for my F1 game. Anybody have any suggestions on how to make it work?.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 01:42 (Ref:78792)   #24
Sharky
Veteran

Raoul. I suggest you ask the guys at the forum at www.3dfiles.com. They're real computer geniouses and have helped me solve every single problem I've ever had with my PC.