Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1005904)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I heard in the pitlane that Pescarolo won't enter a brand new car next year : only a modified C60 (could be roofed, BTW)...
I've but this comment from Fab in here.

Would be interesting to see a hybrid coupe.

A number of teams are looking at building hybrids which would be great.

I heard Rollcentre are investigating this option.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1005921)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah , as long as they dont end up looking like those shocking daytona prototypes !!!
Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:26 (Ref:1005924)   #28
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that Pescarolo's cars are homologated as Pescarolos, I imagine he has much more liberty to change them, he will only need his own signature to homologate them.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:33 (Ref:1005937)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I recall reading in a thread earlier this year (titled "Audi R9???" or something like that) that the director of racing for Audi said that the new specs car would be open-cockpit....

at least that's the way I remember it...

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Confirmed by Ouest-France today.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 15:42 (Ref:1005943)   #30
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
I've but this comment from Fab in here.
And you did well : I missed the appropriate thread !
Old 16 Jun 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1005969)   #31
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Zyteks for sale!

http://www.lmsr.net/zytlm.html

I wonder if Zytek have an update kit planned for 2005, to convert the car into a hybrid, if the 2003 spec cars are restricted further.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1006275)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
http://www.lmsr.net/acofia.html

The Maserati project may be in a little trouble if the ACO and FIA have the same regs!

A project as big as Maseratis cannot be effective, in terms of marketing etc., just running in FIA GT.
Old 16 Jun 2004, 21:03 (Ref:1006283)   #33
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Zyteks for sale!

http://www.lmsr.net/zytlm.html

I wonder if Zytek have an update kit planned for 2005, to convert the car into a hybrid, if the 2003 spec cars are restricted further.

Now all we need is an enterprising North American race team owner to buy one of those babies to race over here in the ALMS....

With its ability to go through corners quickly, the Zytek would kick some butts on North American circuits.....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 06:46 (Ref:1006487)   #34
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
back to topic:

I think the Lotus Elise GTP was planned to run in Le Mans 2005
Old 17 Jun 2004, 11:24 (Ref:1006746)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
back to topic:

???
Never heard of this project.

According to another forum the Zonda project of Toine Hezemans/Carsport is ended...He lost (at least) 1.5 million € on this project.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:12 (Ref:1006822)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
back to topic:

Didn't they try/don't they plan to cram a Judd engine in it ?

Last edited by Fab; 17 Jun 2004 at 12:13.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1006848)   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
Not a Judd, maybe a Toyota, Mugen, Zytek?
Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1006881)   #38
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
???
Never heard of this project.

According to another forum the Zonda project of Toine Hezemans/Carsport is ended...He lost (at least) 1.5 million € on this project.

To FIRE & Wout:

FIRE: This may be the Team Elite effort, that ran at Sebring, has moved their shops to my hometown ( a very smart move, since virutally every aspect of the racing industry has businesses here that can take care of all needs, frome engines to composite work, to parts of all types...), and will be competing in the ALMS again once they make their engine change from an older Chevy Corvette engine that caused mamny problems for them at Sebring because it kept blowing gaskets and seals....

Wout: I'm assuming this is the effort your referring to, or does Lotus have its own Long-rumored-but Never-Materialized-Yet "Factory" effort in the works?

Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:55 (Ref:1006888)   #39
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the Team Elite engine change, I think the Zytek would suit the car's mentality. It's not the biggest thing around but carries enough punch.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 13:32 (Ref:1006927)   #40
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I have been following this effort, since they have moved the car here...

There is a possibility of an announcement of some sort happening sometime this week in Indy from Team Elite...after all, there are a ton of journalists here in town this week for the US Grand Prix with F-1....

I'll keep my ears open, and will keep you posted on what their specific engine plans are once they announce it...

Old 17 Jun 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1006932)   #41
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
BTW....a member of this Forum is tied in with the Team Elite effort...

I believe that he told us in the "Lotus GTP" thread that they were considering the Judd GV5, but in a later post, I think that they might be looking another direction....

We'll son find out...

They will not be at Mid-Ohio...

If they run at Lime Rock, it will probably be the last race they will do with the old Chevy engine...that's my guess, anyway....

they didn't get moved to Indy until late May...and the revisions they would have to make to that car for the new power would not happen in a month...

Old 17 Jun 2004, 13:39 (Ref:1006937)   #42
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I thought they said that the new engine wouldn't be a Judd?
Old 17 Jun 2004, 14:35 (Ref:1007007)   #43
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
I thought they said that the new engine wouldn't be a Judd?

At the very beginning of that "Lotus" thread, he said they were looking at the Judd, but later in the thread, I do recall him saying that they were going another route, and they would not run the Judd...

that's what I was saying...I just wasn't very clear about it...

Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:02 (Ref:1007109)   #44
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
To FIRE & Wout:

FIRE: This may be the Team Elite effort, that ran at Sebring, has moved their shops to my hometown ( a very smart move, since virutally every aspect of the racing industry has businesses here that can take care of all needs, frome engines to composite work, to parts of all types...), and will be competing in the ALMS again once they make their engine change from an older Chevy Corvette engine that caused mamny problems for them at Sebring because it kept blowing gaskets and seals....
Ok, of course I heard of this project. But with respect to Team Elite I think this is not a real GTP.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1007129)   #45
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To FIRE & Wout:

Wout: I'm assuming this is the effort your referring to, or does Lotus have its own Long-rumored-but Never-Materialized-Yet "Factory" effort in the works?
You're right Tim, I meant the team Elite Lotus (and THIS was the article I was referring to).

Fire, why isn't it a real GTP? If it fits within the rules it is a GTP for me, old or new car.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1007144)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I know it's within the GTP rules, but if GTP is mentioned I must always think on a car like the Bentley Speed 8 (LMP with a roof).
Old 17 Jun 2004, 17:22 (Ref:1007164)   #47
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Lotos GTP is even more of a joke than the Panoz GTP. Neither is even close to competitive.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 17:57 (Ref:1007184)   #48
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
You're right Tim, I meant the team Elite Lotus (and THIS was the article I was referring to).

Fire, why isn't it a real GTP? If it fits within the rules it is a GTP for me, old or new car.

As far as I'm concerned, they have made the necessary structural revisions to make it comply with ACO rules, so it was converted from GT1 to LMP-GTP or LMP1 (whichever you choose) regulations...

Therefore, I would consider it to be so as well...

BTW...their website is www.teameliteracing.tk

These guys are committed to making that car fast and to being successful....they feel that the original car had a lot of potential that was never really developed...thus they decided to launch this effort...

When I spoke with the team in the Sebring paddock, they had literally uncrated the car just a few weeks prior to the event and were really behind the curve to prepare the car the way they had hoped to for such an important race....

But they did get some encouraging data from their trap speeds (they had good top end on the car down there)....if they only could've kept the seals and gaskets from blowing....many oil leaks....when I spoke with them they had the rear end completely off of the car and were pulling the oil pn, etc. off to change the ones the blew out in Friday's practice session...

We don't know what their new powerplant will be yet....I can hardly wait to find out...and I hope they picked something that will be reliable....

Old 18 Jun 2004, 08:40 (Ref:1007636)   #49
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
The Lotos GTP is even more of a joke than the Panoz GTP. Neither is even close to competitive.
...but both have potential to run strong and I for one encourage any GTP efforts that can only increase competition for grid places.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 08:26 (Ref:1009191)   #50
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've placed a poll on the website 5 days ago and asked the visitors which car they would like to see in 2005. Even if some cars will only exist as a rumour I was just curious how some cars would do (in particular the new Audi).

Top 5 so far:

1) Porsche LMP
2) Spyker C8 Spyder
3) Corvette C6R
4) AM DB9
5) the MC12

So Mr. Porsche could you please... I did not expect the Spyker to have such a high position but 20% of the visitors of the site are Dutch whih may explain this.