Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1009431)   #51
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
to speak quite frankly, I'd like to see all of them

but of course, the Porsche would mean a lot of hope for the future
Old 20 Jun 2004, 21:01 (Ref:1010057)   #52
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...but both have potential to run strong and I for one encourage any GTP efforts that can only increase competition for grid places.

I couldn't disagree more. The Lotus and Panoz, as GTP cars, are complete jokes. As GTS or GT cars, they might stand a chance, but the current cars would require some, if not substantial modification to move to these lower classes.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:35 (Ref:1010993)   #53
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Tim, have you heard from the Lotus guy? I haven't. I suspect that the car won't be seen again, at least not with this team involved. (Love to be proven wrong though).

Pilbeam is currently working on a Carbon Fibre Chassis LMP2, to debut in 05'. They are expecting it to be a big step forward for them.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:47 (Ref:1011013)   #54
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2005 will probably be another transition race. Maybe the last year when RfH, Pesca and others will have a chance to win before the come back of manufacturers. I think that Porsche will come back to La Sarthe in 2006, not before.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1011032)   #55
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Tim, have you heard from the Lotus guy? I haven't. I suspect that the car won't be seen again, at least not with this team involved. (Love to be proven wrong though).
Do you mean Team Elite Fogelhund? I got a mail from Antony two days ago -- stil no news. They still seem to work on the new engine deal. Officially he was not informed on the Mid-Ohio status... He hopes to have more (let's stay positive better news by the end of the week.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 06:02 (Ref:1011625)   #56
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
2005 will probably be another transition race. Maybe the last year when RfH, Pesca and others will have a chance to win before the come back of manufacturers. I think that Porsche will come back to La Sarthe in 2006, not before.
Agree, PascaLM,

A note from the "10 Questions to the A.C.O President" article, mentioned above:

"In 2005, we’ll have Aston Martin, Maserati and Lamborghini. It’ll be a great year. And I can tell you without being able to give you more specific information for the moment that we’ll have an exceptional field in 2006"

So, 2005 must be the year of the new GTS cars, 2006 should bring some new LMP's.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1011748)   #57
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thierry Lesparre reports, on Jérôme Mugnier's Virage, that we could have three surprises for the Classic event in July, used as a media support fot the factories to show what they could enter next year at LM... it could be the Aston Martin DB9, the new Porsche 997 and an italian car...
Old 22 Jun 2004, 15:56 (Ref:1012254)   #58
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
Top 5 so far:

1) Porsche LMP
2) Spyker C8 Spyder
3) Corvette C6R
4) AM DB9
5) the MC12

So Mr. Porsche could you please... I did not expect the Spyker to have such a high position but 20% of the visitors of the site are Dutch whih may explain this. [/B]
If we're going to get the Maserati driving a horse and cart through the GT rules can we please have a Porsche Carrera GT to take it on? Ideally run by Alex Job for Lucas Luhr/Sascha Maassen/Pat Long please
Old 22 Jun 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1012259)   #59
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilgrimage
...but both have potential to run strong and I for one encourage any GTP efforts that can only increase competition for grid places.
I just can't see how a six/seven year old unsuccessful GT can ever be made into a decent P1. I could just about see the Lotus grumbling around and beating the likes of WR or the Reynard-Lehmann (can we have a vote on cars we're thoroughly tired of seeing and put that on the list please?) but a serious entry? No way.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 06:20 (Ref:1012884)   #60
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Fenelon
can we have a vote on cars we're thoroughly tired of seeing and put that on the list please?
If you're talking about the WRs, I'm sorry, but I can't agree : even is they're not crackers, at least, they finished the last races in class.

I can understand that some cars are at the end of their lives (Reynard), but they did a good job, and what if they didn't enter this year ? 40 cars only on the grid ? (2 WRs, 1 Reynard, the old Lola LMP2, the old Taurus B2K10, etc...) ; I not supporting brand new gals that hold only 10 laps on 24 hours...

The Lister did a good job : first race, the lady got the chequered flag.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1013138)   #61
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
If you're talking about the WRs, I'm sorry, but I can't agree : even is they're not crackers, at least, they finished the last races in class.

I can understand that some cars are at the end of their lives (Reynard), but they did a good job, and what if they didn't enter this year ? 40 cars only on the grid ? (2 WRs, 1 Reynard, the old Lola LMP2, the old Taurus B2K10, etc...) ; I not supporting brand new gals that hold only 10 laps on 24 hours...
I agree completely Fab, I'd far sooner see a full grid made up of entries trying to make different cars work, than no entries at all.

Granted, we haven't seen much success from the likes of Lotus over recent years, but the Panoz has been a staunch campaigner and i believe in the right hands could still be a front-runner.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 11:30 (Ref:1013183)   #62
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
motorsport news reports today that the aco and fia, plus representatives from ferrari, maserati, chevrolet, aston martin and porsche...met last week and had what is described as a "successful meeting" regarding unifying gt rules between the fia and aco. ratel called it "the most important meeting in sportscars for 15 years" and that he hoped "we can have one set of rules finalised for 2005".

it would be nice to see those cars...plus the lamborghini next year. yes...no?
Old 23 Jun 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1013230)   #63
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
motorsport news reports today that the aco and fia, plus representatives from ferrari, maserati, chevrolet, aston martin and porsche...met last week and had what is described as a "successful meeting" regarding unifying gt rules between the fia and aco. ratel called it "the most important meeting in sportscars for 15 years" and that he hoped "we can have one set of rules finalised for 2005".

That is good news, I havn't been ablt to get this weeks Motorsport News yet, but it will make interesting reading when I do get a copy.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1013232)   #64
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
One set of rules..hmmm, could this mean that factory teams will be allowed to race in fia gt? Or is is only about technical rules?
Old 23 Jun 2004, 12:11 (Ref:1013259)   #65
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think its technical rules.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1013288)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd just like to see Audi take a complete sabbatical for a year......
Old 23 Jun 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1013319)   #67
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
I'm sorry Aysedasi, but the bad news is: Audi will win again in 2005
Old 23 Jun 2004, 13:08 (Ref:1013330)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I shall cling to the outrageous hope that this doesn't necessarily happen........
Old 23 Jun 2004, 13:21 (Ref:1013342)   #69
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr

1 - That's VERY promising news
2 - Lots of thanks to share them with us
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:51 (Ref:1013727)   #70
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the meeting I was asking about and im going to have a look at the snippets thread now.

Thanks for the info
bf1
Old 24 Jun 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1014876)   #71
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Well, I shall cling to the outrageous hope that this doesn't necessarily happen........
weren't you supposed to be an official Audi supporter since you visited them :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 25 Jun 2004, 06:26 (Ref:1015580)   #72
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I'd just like to see Audi take a complete sabbatical for a year......
But you cant say this year was a boring race despite the Audi domination. As long as the effort stays in the hands of a number of 'private' teams and not the factory then we should still have a good race.

This year the race would have been pretty poor without them.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1016222)   #73
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Fenelon
If we're going to get the Maserati driving a horse and cart through the GT rules can we please have a Porsche Carrera GT to take it on? Ideally run by Alex Job for Lucas Luhr/Sascha Maassen/Pat Long please
Erhem.... Alex Job didn't run this year, that was Petersen's that won again!

And Lucas has no desire to drive at LM anymore. He won't be there.

Last edited by Mags; 25 Jun 2004 at 19:26.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 26 Jun 2004, 04:39 (Ref:1016553)   #74
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Claude Foubert reports on Infocourse his meeting with Yves Courage.

To make it short :
- Yves doesn't want to be an opponent for his customers : the factory won't enter in LMP2 next year
- the factory will enter an LMP1 (name starting by "LC", for Liliane Courage)
- he doesn't know if it will be a roofed car or not, yet. Depending of €€€ and performances
- business is no going bad, he expect to sell more LMP2
- he's satisfied by the 2004 race, regarding the "engine affair" in the last week...
- he's going to start an historical departement, to put back on the track the 80' Cougars

Thanks for that, Claude !

Last edited by Fab; 26 Jun 2004 at 04:40.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1016685)   #75
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Courage-Judd 5 litres, I suppose ?